New To Vaping

reacon9

Hey guys im a light smoker and i wanna to try vaping. I was look at the volcano products and was trying to decide between the 410 and the magma. Im really just looking for something with great vapor production and not so much throat hit so any help would be great. thanks

I'm going to sum up what the next 10 answers will probably be :lol: Get the Joye eGo. It's what we all end up with and many supplier carry. It costs around 70 bucks. (If it's cheaper it probably isn't a Joye Tech model) Crab yourself some cartomizers to go along with it and your golden.

By the way, if you don't know what cartomziers are, they are an alternative to atomizers. (Which heats the liquid nicotine) Rather than having to fill your ecig every 5 minutes, Cartomizers let you go for hours.

I'm sure you'll have lots of questions and we're here to help :D Welcome!

Nonsense. Do NOT get the Ego.

If you start off with the Ego you won't appreciate it as much as we do.

You should buy a store bought starter kit for $75 that sucks first like we all did, feel the disappointment/shame and THEN buy a Ego. Why should you be spared of the added expense of learning the hard way?

:devil:

Edited by Jkimbo

JKimbo is being so bratty today! LOL!

I say get a 510 if you were a light smoker before it will probably more than fulfill your needs.

I don't have an Ego so I cannot speak for them, but they do have a really long battery life.

Volcano is crap, and I think you will be sorry if you get one of those.

Hi, welcome to the Vapor Talk Forum! Glad you're here!

I started out with the Joye 510. Just a little over a month into vaping I purchased a Janty eGo. I suggest that you look at How To videos here on the forum and online. It will give you a pretty good idea of what the 510 and eGo pvs are about. I know it's a lot to digest in the beginning, but the more you read up on pvs and vaping, the better off you'll be when purchase time comes around for you. But, in the meantime, don't hesitate to ask questions. Gluck! :)

I was just going to mention that myself, the revolution at the VT store is a good starter kit if you are a light to medium smoker, KR808's are easy to use in the beginning as well, helps you get the feel of where you need to go or if your good where your at. hope all our advice helps ya! :beer:

thanks everyone! and i had one e cig before, a randys e cig i bought a while back that was absolutely worthless. So i have just recently decided to try it again but wanted to buy something thats worth the money. Im goin towards the 510 since it seems to have more power but you guys tell me what you think

thanks everyone! and i had one e cig before, a randys e cig i bought a while back that was absolutely worthless. So i have just recently decided to try it again but wanted to buy something thats worth the money. Im goin towards the 510 since it seems to have more power but you guys tell me what you think

The 510 is a good, reliable pv. It creates excellent vapor. What you won't have from a 510 is long battery life. It's a bit of a stretch (I speak for myself) to move away from the look of an analog when making the transition to vaping. The eGo has a superior battery life and imo combined with a lower strength nic level, you will be good to go!

The 510 is a good, reliable pv. It creates excellent vapor. What you won't have from a 510 is long battery life. It's a bit of a stretch (I speak for myself) to move away from the look of an analog when making the transition to vaping. The eGo has a superior battery life and imo combined with a lower strength nic level, you will be good to go!

^This^

Go with the eGo.

And at all costs, avoid Volcano. They're great people, but the product kind of sucks. A lot.

HOWEVER, their liquid is pretty good. I really like Cherry Lava and Vanilla Bean.

thanks guys i really appreciate it, after some research ive decided to go with the 510, i love the ego, but i feel i want a more tradition ciggarette feel. i was wondering where you guys would recomend ordering off of and what all i would need to get starter.. aka what e liquid to buy

Here are a few that I know are good...

ElectronicStix (use VTALK10 at checkout for 10% off)

Cignot (no box kit for $35 - Genuine Joye 510)

Vaporgalaxy (vt10 for 10% off - I think - if it doesn't work, send them an email and ask what the code is)

There are many more, so feel free to shop around. :)

With attomizers, you'll either need to direct drip into it or use the cartridege and fill it with eliquid. If I recall, cartridges hold 8-10 drops and won't last very long. The problem with cartridges is that they sometimes don't do a very good job of releasing the liquid. With cartomizers you and put in 25-30 drops of liquid and they'll last a while before they need refilling. They can generally be refilled several times at least.

I think another trick with cartomizers is to refill before you get a bad taste indicating they are empty. Rumor has it the bad taste is REALLY bad and once you get it, the carto is lost forever. I top off every now and then. I also dump them rather quickly as the taste start to get lost after a while, its slow so you don't really notice until you fill and use a new one.

i was going to order the joyce 510 off cignot with 2 extra attys and some e liquid. i just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing anything and that cignot was the real joyce 510 and not a knock off

Yes, Cignot sells genuine Joye products. I've ordered several $35 "no box" kits from them for friends.