What Was Your Biggest E-Cig Let Down?

Jeffb

We all have been excited about ordering a new PV and rave about it when we get it. I want to hear about your let downs. What unit were you excited to get, only to experience "buyers remorse" once you received it?

For me it was the:

DSE-905

DSE905.jpg

Janty V3.

JantyV3.jpg

I'm gonna have to go with the Janty stick on this one. I have the V2. The performance was ok, but not what I was expecting. Plus the button was defective and it took forever to contact the supplier for a replacement. Took several emails and posts on the forums for them to respond. I got a brand new working one, but still bleh.

mine was a knock off laser pointer mod......was my first 3.7V and it was a nightmare!! i guess it goes to show you should not try to duplicate a good thing!! (Unless you know what you are doing!!)

Blu starter kit. So excited it was so cool and so much like really smoking then BAM no vapor and the batteries are really crappy. But the attys are actually pretty good! Now waiting on my eGo XL. I do LOVE my 520 but for 2 people using it I'm stressing! Plus he's gotta be OOT for work a few times this fall and I want us to both be fully armed.

For those of you that said the V3 was your biggest let-down so far, would you care to elaborate a bit? I was actually looking into that as my next PV. I thought it looked like a gorgeous unit. The review video seemed good, with the exception of the "rattly" batteries.

Thanks in advance!

The break in period is like a week, I didn't get any vapor, and it always tasted liked cinnamon no matter the juice I had in the bottle. I couldn't go that week while trying to break it up. It was too complicated and I wasn't ready to spend that much time with the unit so I just sold it.

For those of you that said the V3 was your biggest let-down so far, would you care to elaborate a bit? I was actually looking into that as my next PV. I thought it looked like a gorgeous unit. The review video seemed good, with the exception of the "rattly" batteries.

Thanks in advance!

Couple of things for me:

1. Initial disappointment was opening the box and seeing how cheap it looked and felt.

2. Difficult to get the atty to thread.

3. It kept shutting off on me. Button was hit and miss.

4. Didn't use it long enough to have a leak, but it certainly looks like it would be hard to get any juice out if it did leak.

I have to say the 510 mega batteries or 520 batteries (I guess that is what it is called). After a few weeks of use I had to hit the button twice to stop it from burning up the atomizer. I spent a couple days burning my fingers until I got in the habit of tapping it twice. Now I find myself subconsciously doing it on occasion with my other units.

I also have to say the Ego. Don't get me wrong, I really like it. But after opening the box, my first thought was "that's it?" Hard plastic button, and what appears to be plastic threading instead of metal. The cones also didn't screw on very easily. I don't know, maybe it was a knock off and I was mislead. But after a few days of using it, I really like it. But I still have lingering feelings of buyers remorse.

edit - I forgot to add that after a few months, the charger fell apart. Now held together with rubber bands.

Edited by BirdDog

for me, after I was blown away by diyflavorshacks fried spiced apple, I got some other flavors that I didnt like, no matter how many times I tried. It has made me skeptical to try all others.

tobacco, they have mastered the taste of a really stale cigarette.

shacks cherry, a mouth numbing experience, where is the cherry?

red bull, mouth numbing energy drink, not red bull

for me, after I was blown away by diyflavorshacks fried spiced apple, I got some other flavors that I didnt like, no matter how many times I tried. It has made me skeptical to try all others.

tobacco, they have mastered the taste of a really stale cigarette.

shacks cherry, a mouth numbing experience, where is the cherry?

red bull, mouth numbing energy drink, not red bull

Wrong thread... this one is about "biggest e-cig let down", not "biggest juice let down." :thumbsup:

Yeah, and the one that you normally reply to is what the OP is asking... I thought?

I'm probably just an idiot... I should have known that this meant "what was your biggest juice let down":

We all have been excited about ordering a new PV and rave about it when we get it. I want to hear about your let downs. What unit were you excited to get, only to experience "buyers remorse" once you received it?

Good thing I re-read what he was asking... and what the title said! :sleeping: