Travelled With My Ego

Last week I flew Alaska Airlines to Orange County from SeaTac. I was careful. I put an ego battery and a couple of atomizers in my checked luggage and had an Ego in my carry-on. I went right through security. I wasn't questioned at all. I really wanted to take my Silver Bullet, but decided that it could be interpreted wrong. I didn't carry anything through the metal detectors that might go off. I didn't even carry change.

While in Disneyland, I found a few out of the normal flow places and sat to vape. I also used bathrooms. I just held it in longer so there would not be as much vapor. I was a little worried about taking this trip and losing my vaping supplies to security, but had no problem. It was a good trip.

Keith

Glad to hear you had a great trip without mishap. Sure takes the stress out of life doesn't it. I felt that way last week while grocery shopping and stealth vaping. My kid couldn't believe I was so relaxed and taking forever to get done. I'm usually out the door in 15 minutes lol. (true tho).

That is great news!! I have travelled many times with my various parts so i can assemble on the plane. I too have never had any issues. Batteries in camera case, juice in make up bag, attys in pocket and i just toss them into bucket with coins and belt and such, and no one has ever questioned what they are. Actually they picked em up and looked but didn't flinch. I do vape in my airline seat with the blanket over my nose and mouth, no questions asked.

Beware of some juices: I got a batch of juice from one vendor and was vapeing at my desk at the office and a guy came over and asked "what is that smell? I showed him my unit, and he said, "hmmm, no i don't think that is it, smells like BO". Well I left my desk and came back and YES it did leave an odor that was pretty stinky, it was a turkish blend juice. So I tried another flavor (Hickory) at home and i left the room and came back and YES it too was stinky. So needless to say I will not be buying from that vendor again. I like the juice but it leaves a heavy scent in the air, and perhaps on my clothes. I did spill a drop and it left an oily stain on my shirt that will not come out. So whatever flavoring he is using is probably oil based which may not be too good for attys.

Very glad your trip went well. I love vaping and traveling. no worrying about when I could have my next smoke......

Loved discreetly vaping in line while at disneyland--nobody said a word. Planes, trains and automobiles....

I so want to go to costa rica. looking at maybe the florida keys this next summer.

The whole vaping at work in the bathroom is just one of the best golden aspects of vaping. I work 10 hour days most days and you cannot smoke anywhere on the grounds of my job so i would often have to drive off during a break if I got one at all or just wait it out gettin' angrier by the minute but now! Oh I love to vape! makes trips to the bathroom mini vacations! :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

The whole vaping at work in the bathroom is just one of the best golden aspects of vaping. I work 10 hour days most days and you cannot smoke anywhere on the grounds of my job so i would often have to drive off during a break if I got one at all or just wait it out gettin' angrier by the minute but now! Oh I love to vape! makes trips to the bathroom mini vacations! :devil:

I find this very interesting. In Ohio you can't smoke anywhere inside but your home, car, and tobacco shops. However, a couple of my buds and I have been vaping inside at work for 3 months now -myself full-time now. We have so many unjust and stupid rules, but suprisingly, they dont have a problem with us vaping.

Now that I dont go "out for a smoke" I actually go into the office area to grab a cup o' joe and sit at an empty desk and vape and chat with the upper folks. They find it interesting and actually a couple of them are considering giving "the switch" a try.

I dont understand why you wouldnt be allowed to vape at work. No smoking rules or not, vaping is not smoking. My supervisor and I have decided that it's actually more productive to allow us to vape at work. Vapers are less likely to stop for a smoke break if they can vape while working.

Has anyone even actually tried openly vaping? Did you get hassled or is everyone just trying to keep it on the downlow?

Hey Dude, we were just informed about a month ago that we are NOT allowed to vape at work. I agree it would be better for them if they would allow us to (not that we don't when no one's looking). I think they just don't want to take the time to try to understand it. I guess they'd rather have sickly employees. We've switched about 7 employees to vaping now, there's only 2 or 3 smokers left in the building.

Hey Dude, we were just informed about a month ago that we are NOT allowed to vape at work. I agree it would be better for them if they would allow us to (not that we don't when no one's looking). I think they just don't want to take the time to try to understand it. I guess they'd rather have sickly employees. We've switched about 7 employees to vaping now, there's only 2 or 3 smokers left in the building.

That's a shame really. That rule makes as much sense as telling you that your are not allowed to drink water, or exhale even. When we exhale breath we release CO2 and H2O. So, you can breathe in, but dont even $#@!$! think about exhaling mother$#@!@#!!!

Always, on the downlow! :)

Lil, I'm not sure if youre still talking about vape but if so, why on the DL?

Edited by elDuderino

I do vape in my office, openly. Many have asked about it and some have converted to e-cigs as well by talking with me about it. In one case, a person was up for a promotion but apparently had to stop taking smoke breaks to be considered. The Director told him to come see me to get one of those "electronic things" to control his withdrawals.

I too am pleasantly surprised by the tolerance, particularly in a corporate environment but if you ever visit our office, don't be surprised to see plumes of vapor coming out from some of the cubicles. It cracks me up every time.

I do vape in my office, openly. Many have asked about it and some have converted to e-cigs as well by talking with me about it. In one case, a person was up for a promotion but apparently had to stop taking smoke breaks to be considered. The Director told him to come see me to get one of those "electronic things" to control his withdrawals.

I too am pleasantly surprised by the tolerance, particularly in a corporate environment but if you ever visit our office, don't be surprised to see plumes of vapor coming out from some of the cubicles. It cracks me up every time.

That's awesome. I hate cubicles.

Its the old saying, don't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer.

I also remember someone on a board a long time ago telling me something profound. "So there you are after speaking your mind, lying in the gutter bleeding to death but comforted by the fact that you were right!!"

Go DL because once someone tells you you can't, then you are in violation if you do. Go DL and if someone sees you, you just didn't know any better.

Its the old saying, don't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer.

I also remember someone on a board a long time ago telling me something profound. "So there you are after speaking your mind, lying in the gutter bleeding to death but comforted by the fact that you were right!!"

Go DL because once someone tells you you can't, then you are in violation if you do. Go DL and if someone sees you, you just didn't know any better.

A very smart man once said:

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it,

he is obligated to do so."

That's all I'm sayin.

I too prefer DL.....

There is a time and place for things--I have no desire to be kicked off a flight or alert airport security.

At work--if I stay on the DL--They can't take it away from me--and believe me, they would !!

• 3 weeks later...

I also vape on the DL at work. Not because I think it's wrong to vape in public or that I'd get in trouble for doing it in the building (which I would). It's because I work directly with the public (retail) and they just don't "get it". E cigs are new to most of the world. When they see a white cloud coming out of your mouth what do you expect them to think it is? Smoking at work dealing with the public is unprofessional so if that is what the customers perception of what I'm doing is then it's just as unprofessional. I do enjoy going into my local corporate coffee shop which I won't name ( ok I'll give you a hint it rhymes with "far schmucks") and vaping away! Lol