How Often Do You Fill Your Cartomizer?

I thought I was the only one that added drops often through the day. I usually start one off with about 5-6 drops to make sure it's not a dud, then I add another 8 or so, and then another 5-6 again in about an hour. I do believe I use alot more liquid with cartos than with attys, and liquid that I'm not getting total use of.

I meant to add:

I've been getting quite a few "dud" cartos. Out of my last 3 boxes from vaporsetc, I'd say I had 4 bad ones. By dud, I mean the taste is totally burnt and awful tasting. I tried the pin thing to open it up more and it still tastes bad. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by LoriHNC

I never really kept track of how much I refill my cartomizers. I really don't keep track of how much liquid I go through. Someone asked me today what kind of gas mileage I got from my car, I never paid attention to that too. Guess I better get on the ball and start watching what I use. I do have to agree with the 4-6 drops, I do add about that much when I feel it is getting dry.

You are right Brian, I am a 5v user also...guess the more voltage the quicker it burns liquid

:) I only use a carto for my 45 minute drive to work. I add 10 drops before I leave for work in the morning. Switch to a 510 atty at work all day. Switch back to the carto and add 10 drops for the drive home. My daily ritual. LOL!

starting from a empty carto using the condom method to fill cap half full, about an hour. Then I top off with 2 to 4 drops after hour or as needed.

Now if I'm in a hookah vapor mood, I can go thru carts faster :)

Using the no-muss, no-fuss condom filling method, I put twenty drops in the first time I break open a new cartomizer, then after about an hour's use, I add another fourteen. Maybe that's a bit high? But it's not flooded, I'm not getting juiced, and liquid doesn't come out the connection end.

At 5v I use the carto condom method and start with 20 drops, spin, add 10 more drops. Vape it about 2 hours and then top off wit 4-6 drops every hour or so. I always use a drip tip on my cartos for easy refilling :)

Do you leave the inner O-ring in place? I'll be starting using cartos this weekend and plan on using them with a drip tip too.

So you guys are dripping to refill. Interesting because when I try to drip, it just runs through the center and leaks out...

That happened to me, too. I did notice that the ones I got from the VT shop seem to be like the ones I received from another supplier as a low resistance model. Both the VT ones and the others you can see clean through the center of them, so I don't know why I tried the dripping method. :wallbash: The other cartos I have are filled with material that is rolled up and you can't see clean through the center of them. I suppose if I wanted to drip onto these, it would work. For me though, the filling with the rubber protective sleeve is a ritual for me akin to lighting up.

So you guys are dripping to refill. Interesting because when I try to drip, it just runs through the center and leaks out...

I drip to fill, but I take it off the battery and put a condom on the battery end first. I did try dripping into it while on the Joker and it ran right out, like you said. Don't do that any more.

I drip to fill, but I take it off the battery and put a condom on the battery end first. I did try dripping into it while on the Joker and it ran right out, like you said. Don't do that any more.

I tilt mine so that it runs down the side of the drip tip, similar to pouring a beer, this way it goes into the filler and not the main post. I rarely, if ever, have leaks.

Thanx guys (sorry AimeeG, generic use of the word "guys"), I tried tilting Burn, but didn't seem to work. Maybe I'll try it again. They are so stupid cheap though I think I'll just start loading a bunch up for me and the missus.

Brian? You are now...uber god poster? That is....AWESOME!!!

Edited by FTJoe