Aol Article On E-Cigs

Jeffb

Another misinformed writer. You would think that when people are given a topic to research they would look at both sides and not just veer to the side that suits them. Thank god for bias information.

/sarcasm

notice, no age given?

I'm a kid..

hate when people use "kid" as a description of age.

as defined by Princeton "kid/child: a human offspring (son or daughter) of any age"

also, who cares if kids are buying e-cigs? they can use them with no nic and that isn't illegal at all.

would be the equivalent of using a vaporizer that uses water and vicks while they are sick or suffering from allergies.

there are times i don't want nic and just want to have some moisture in my super dry nose.. like when i wake up.

i hate sucking solution up my nose to wet that all. simple few drags on my PV and poof my nose is good to go.

smoking analogs leads to e-cigs, not the other way around.

Horrid sensationalistism at work yet again.

agreed

we are in a digital age and everything seems to be moving that direction, from paperless work environments to electronic cigs

you will see an increase of "not smoking" to "ecig usage".

sort of like how when i was about 12ish and my friends smoked, so i started to smoke.

history always repeats, just the way it repeats is sometimes altered.

so in a small way, it's ok with me with the fda doing something about regulations..

i wouldn't want my kids picking up an ecig or cig in their lifetime, but of the two i rather it be an ecig.

8th grade = 14 years old (Since most people graduate from high school at age 18)

If two 8th grade girls can just waltz up to a stand and buy these products, why didn't someone step in and do something about it? The products "ARE NOT" for sale to MINORS (anyone under 18) So IMO the dishonest idiot selling these from that stand needs to go to jail. The "person" that witnessed them buying these and reported it to "Mr Big Wig Reporter" should have called a police officer in! That way minors aren't getting these PV's and these sorts of "negative" stories don't get forced into the media! Every online site says 18 years old to buy, WARNINGS all over the front page of the websites. E Liquids and most of the items say not for anyone under 18! You also need a credit/debit card to make a purchase. I find it hard to believe that 14 year old girls can walk up to a stand and buy E Cigs for themselves and there friends! The reporter said they had an envelope full of cash! I don't believe the story in the first place! But if its true, and the owner of that stand did sell to anyone under 18, they should be going to jail! Then they can plaster the story all over the media because it would show that these "ARE NOT" being sold to under age kids! (The rest of the article seems to be filled with BS that proves the reporter didn't even bother to research any of the TRUE information available!)

This gets to me too:

(Andrew Schneider Senior Public Health Correspondent A two-time Pulitzer winner, Andrew is an investigative reporter who uncovered the nation's largest environmental disaster, among dozens of other stories. He writes at Cold Truth.) If he's such a great reporter, why didn't he get any of the information in this story correct? Why didn't he report any of the positive facts about these products? I'd like to know if he reported that stand owner to the police? He's acting as if he's such a caring upstanding reporter and citizen! (ALL HYPE!)

Quote--"Photographs of attractive young people and beautiful women gazing into the distance are used by most of the online sales sites to convey the message that e-cigs are cool, Fedir explained."

Hey Christopher, Maybe you should put a pic of a grumpy old man in your advertising banner, That'll sell some pvs--LOL

Go ahead Jeff--I'm waiting for it. :whistle:

Quote--"Photographs of attractive young people and beautiful women gazing into the distance are used by most of the online sales sites to convey the message that e-cigs are cool, Fedir explained."

Hey Christopher, Maybe you should put a pic of a grumpy old man in your advertising banner, That'll sell some pvs--LOL

Too easy :lol:

I am far more put off by advertising that features naked or sexy photos of women to sell an e-cig. What does some ****'s pair of **** have to do with electronic cigs? It is lowest level marketing that I find offensive. This goes for cars, beer, mutual funds, etc. I don't care how good the wings are at Hooters, I will never have one because the manipulation is so pathetic.

They assume that men are brainless sheep and just putting a pair of boobs near something will help it sell. I wish I could recall the chinese site that is probably the worst when it comes to this.

But I digress.....

AOL is known for its high journalistic standard and integrity. Didn't Walter Cronkite start out with AOL?

This is a real gem...

"All are designed to deliver vapors of nicotine, flavoring agents or other substances, including vitamins, herbal remedies, "calming ingredients" and medication guaranteed to cure or help almost any ailment."

I was interviewed for this article and I did share my motivations for vaping...

"claiming that the devices are a smoking deterrent and can cure erectile dysfunction and lead to weight loss."

3 birds, one stone, yay for me!

Has the FDA been monitoring tiny chat after midnight?

"FDA is aware of reports of short-term side effects from the use of electronic cigarettes, including racing pulse, dizziness, slurred speech, mouth ulcers, heartburn, coughing, diarrhea and sore throat,"

And that is just from Mark and Snubber!

LOL, I have a teenage daughter and NO way would that come out of her mouth.

She said is that gonna be instead of cigarettes forever now mom, and I said yes, as long as I can get it I will do this and not smoke, she says wow, that is a great invention!

Hmmmm, guess she was not at that place to buy them. She said she saw them once on TV and thought my mom should do that instead, but I have yet to hear her say she wants to vape now.