Fears Of What Is Ahead

LoriHNC

I've been a basket case since of this FDA stuff came out yesterday. I'm fearing that the walls will come crumbling down on us, and soon. I, like most of us, do NOT want to resort to smoking cigarettes again. I doubt there is much we can do about what is to occur either.

Should I/we be submitting orders like crazy to ensure we have enough supplies for a good while? Will all suppliers have to cease and desist from selling altogether once receiving "the letter"? My guess is that liquid is the biggest factor. Does the FDA have the right to stop hardware from being purchased?

Who has already placed panic orders? I ordered some liquid so far but I'm out of work and this is difficult. :wacko:

I don't think anyone should panic yet, but I do think we should be fully aware of what's going on. We should also closely watch the NJOY vs. FDA case coming up the 28th of this month. While the FDA isn't targeting hardware publicly, they are seizing hardware in customs under the pretense that hardware is "A drug delivery device."

EDIT: I'm also going to move this to the general discussion area

Ive placed a real quick little panic order with probably alot more to follow, like I said before I wished e cigs could remain underground and remain the way it has been in the last year, If and when this happens there will be delays from purchasing anything e cig related due to ban or the FDA making sure it is 100% truly safe, idk.......just a bunch a bs to me! GRRRRR!

Edited by BEERCITYVAPRZ

If you are going to continue to vape, it really can't hurt to stock up. I posted some ads recently on VT so people could take advantage of specials to stock up. All but the 50% off for Totally wicked premium juice has expired. I personally bought 250ML of unflavored 100MG juice. That, in addition to my current stock will last me at least 2 years. I strongly recommend DIY, it is very easy and I am able to get the price of juice down to about $.13 per ML (12 MG strength). DIY is simple but you do want to use caution when mixing as the base nicotine is very strong and if you have children, as I do, safety and segregation is imperative.

I have also completely converted to mods that do not use e-cig only batteries so that batteries will always be available and I have a few backups. Some of us have been building "bomb shelters" during the summer in the event that juice/hardware is difficult or overly expensive to obtain. I personally believe it is not too late to begin doing this. Worst case scenario? you either 1) dont have to worry about buying supplies for a couple years or 2) wind up selling it on VT traders forum.

Edited by Burn

IMHO, a "bomb shelter" would contain what you calculate to be your consumption for 2 years. (liquid nicotine is widely reported to last for 2 years under the right conditions). To give an example of my calculation, I will use my consumption and others can just plug in their info.

FOR DIY:

Amount of Juice consumed in a day: (this is a tad high but higher is better) 4ML

Strength of Juice: 12 MG

Amount of unflavored 100MG nicotine to make 10 ML at 12MG strength: 1.2ML

note: 10 ML makes the division easy if you prefer different strengths of juice, just multiply strength by .10 so 24 MG would be 2.4ML, 18MG would be 1.7 and 6MG would be .06

Amount of Flavoring for 10 ML juice: (25%, you may like it stronger/weaker)2ML

Amount of PG/VG for 10 ML: 7ML

note: If you change the amount of flavoring of nic juice, make sure that you adjut the VG/PG level so that it totals 10ML.

There are 712 days in a two year range

I use 4ML per day, I would consume 2,848 ML of juice in a 2 year period.

2848 divided by 10ML bottles that I make means that I would need to create 285 10 ML bottles to last me 2 years.

285 is now the factor I use against the items in bold, I listed above

So I would need

342 ML of Unflavored Nicotine juice

570 ML of Flavoring

1995 ML of PG (2.0 liters)

I buy my nic juice and PG/VG from My FreedoM Smokes

Here is the price for my bomb shelter, this is without the 15% discount they offered for last weekend.

$158 for 375ML of 100MG unflavored nicotine base

$70.00 for 2.0 Liters of PG

$140 For flavoring, I will show Flavour art, which you can get for $150.00 for 600 ML from e-cig express

Total cost for 2 years of juice: $368 ($.01295 per ML)

When you consider that this is 6 cartons of cigarettes, $368 is not really that much money at all. Usually, the best price for mixed e-juice is in the area of $.50 per ML. Also consider that you will not pay shipping at either of the vendors listed above for this order. This would mean that premixed juice would cost about $1424.00 if you bought it premixed.

Bottles (which you can reuse the ones you have now) syringes and plastic gloves for DIY is really trivial, you can get all for $10 or under.

Presuming you have the devices to vape with (and appropriate backups) your bomb shelter is almost complete. Find a cool, dark and dry place to store your goods and you should be set for 2 years.

Sorry for the mammoth post but I think many people would be interested to see what a 2 year supply cost could look like if you DIY ($368) or buy premixed at $.50 per ML ($1424.00)

Edited by Burn

Please note that it is extremely important you are qualified to mix nicotine before purchasing such high nicotine strengths. For legal reasons I Would ask that ANY DIY post be kept only in the DIY section.

Suppliers selling such high strengths is part of the reason this industry needs regulation.

Please note that it is extremely important you are qualified to mix nicotine before purchasing such high nicotine strengths. For legal reasons I Would ask that ANY DIY post be kept only in the DIY section.

Suppliers selling such high strengths is part of the reason this industry needs regulation.

What qualifies someone to mix liquid?

This was more of a cost post that a DIY post but I understand what you are getting at.

I really don't think it takes more than some research and caution to DIY safely along with a healthy respect for what you are doing.

However, it is your forum and if you wish, I will happily remove my post.

I'm going to leave the post for now as I don't want to become the next FDA, but I was informed this morning that apparently there is a US law forbidding the mixing of nicotine (of any kind) above 40mg. I don't have the law in hand but I"m trying to track it down.

Are all the E Cig forums "really pressing" the issue that we all need to be contacting the FDA by emails, letters, somehow? Do you have a link to email the FDA with helpful positive comments on how E Cigs are really helping people to stop smoking? Shouldn't everyone be FLOODING the FDA with positive responses? It couldn't hurt, could it? :) Maybe if there was a special link posted and everyone was pushed to send positive emails about there own E Cig situations, the FDA might at least back off a little bit, for now!

Are all the E Cig forums "really pressing" the issue that we all need to be contacting the FDA by emails, letters, somehow? Do you have a link to email the FDA with helpful positive comments on how E Cigs are really helping people to stop smoking? Shouldn't everyone be FLOODING the FDA with positive responses? It couldn't hurt, could it? :) Maybe if there was a special link posted and everyone was pushed to send positive emails about there own E Cig situations, the FDA might at least back off a little bit, for now!

The link to the FDA's email is in a giant red box on the top of every page of the forum ;)

Also we want to be very careful with the "I quit smoking" thing. The REASON the FDA wants electronic cigarettes pulled off the market is BECAUSE people are saying they are using them as a quit product. We want the ecig as an alternative to tobacco not a quit product.

The link to the FDA's email is in a giant red box on the top of every page of the forum ;)

Also we want to be very careful with the "I quit smoking" thing. The REASON the FDA wants electronic cigarettes pulled off the market is BECAUSE people are saying they are using them as a quit product. We want the ecig as an alternative to tobacco not a quit product.

I understand the alternative idea! And these really are alternative devices to real cigarettes. I didn't notice the FDA link until now! I was seeing the link for the "cease and desist letters" but skippin over the FDA link for some reason! LOL Maybe one should be in RED and one in GREEN for an E Cig "positive response" email? Thanks for the heads up!

We're probably a tad late for that I would think. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that they already have any and all information they could possibly want from this forum... and any others. Wouldn't you agree?? I mean, it's not like they can't come on and dig up any and all old posts that they could possibly want?

I really think people should try cutting down on nic. I think some are surprised as I was what happens when they get to zero for a little bit. Not saying I don't like it at times, but I've gone for days without vaping and not missing it. I know if I had to I could do without it forever if I had to.

Edited by FTJoe

I understand the alternative idea! And these really are alternative devices to real cigarettes. I didn't notice the FDA link until now! I was seeing the link for the "cease and desist letters" but skippin over the FDA link for some reason! LOL Maybe one should be in RED and one in GREEN for an E Cig "positive response" email? Thanks for the heads up!

It's ok nobody notices the red box. It's a joke here at the office. :lol:

It's a tricky declaration to make anyway, because in all honesty, most of us have only put our smoking on "pause" while we enjoy our working ecigs.

I went out for dinner tonight with a friend who smokes. Even though I had my e-cig with me, I was curious and bummed a camel. God Awful is the only thing I can thing of. For me, smoking is not on pause, I will never touch those nasty things again. It tasted just like they did when I first started smoking and I can't believe I kept on doing it.

Most people like to live without having any regrets or anything they would do over but I will always kick myself for even starting that horrible habit.

I tried 2 two weeks after quitting at a Jet football tailgate. I grabbed a water and kept rinsing my mouth out. Second because someone had my brand, not better. It was actually like licking an ashtray. Please don't ask how I know how that tastes.

Edited by FTJoe

I'm going to leave the post for now as I don't want to become the next FDA, but I was informed this morning that apparently there is a US law forbidding the mixing of nicotine (of any kind) above 40mg. I don't have the law in hand but I"m trying to track it down.

When you track it down please start a thread on it.

I wish I could be as adamant as the others ... but I *know* me, and after 4 hrs of pacing, I won't really care what the analog tastes like ... until I'm 0nic and have control of my oral fixation. Kudos to those who are already there!

Vaping party at Actors pad!!!

Okay, I really need to stop looking at ecig sites. I have placed 3 orders today. Tell me you can browse these sites without getting the urge to order?? lol

I need to get some fall clothes. At this rate, I'll be naked, but have all of my ecig supplies. :blush:

I need to get some fall clothes. At this rate, I'll be naked, but have all of my ecig supplies. :blush:

Ummm - no comment.

I would say to relax. JC is a supplier I like so I ordered a ton from them just in case (they were one of the five). If I were you, relax, get some clothes (if you must!!). Right now these are just volleys across the bows.