Flavors Don't Taste Like Anything

AimeeG

I'd love to say that my flavors were amazing, but they're not. :( I put the juice in cartomizers and I can't tell cappuccino from vanilla. I put the juice onto an atomizer (I ordered blank cartridges) and I can't tell that what I put on the atty was vanilla. Is there a better way to do this? I've ordered some more intense flavors, like french roast coffee, key lime pie, cranberry, and double mint. I hope those will prove more flavorful.

As an after thought, since I only have one atomizer, I'll have to rinse it out to try the other flavors, right? It's not good to let it burn till it's dry either, is it?

Ok, that's all for now.

Your taste buds may be damaged from years of smoking. Most people report taste buds comming back after a few weeks. Some take longer, and some after several months still have problems finding juice they can taste. Don't get discouraged if you can't taste it... give it some time. Where did you get your juice from?

No, don't want to burn the atty dry. You don't have to risne it to change flavors, but some flavors take longer to get through when you change. However, if you want, you can rinse it out, blow through it real good to get any excess water out, and leave it to dry over night.

Your taste buds may be damaged from years of smoking.

Yeah, I thought of that, but I can taste flavors in things like sobe drinks or fried rice. :iiam:

I'm thinking of trying direct dripping, but I can see that my atomizer doesn't have threads to fit something like this aluminum drip tip. Or do the drip tips not have threads? It's hard to tell even in an enlarged picture. While I'm thinking of it, would liquid spill out if I set it horizontally level while having a drip tip on it? I read so much wonderful information here, I can't really remember sometimes what went with what. I should've started a notebook about it. :book:

not sure where you are getting your juice from but that could also be an issue.

try here at the shop. so far i like what i have tried.

other than here vaporbomb and diyflavorshack are another two good ones.

I don't want to bad mouth my supplier because I really like them. They called me, wrote a personal note, wrote me emails, all to help me get first set up. (I think you might know who I mean.) I went with a blend of PG and VG, if that makes any difference, perhaps. I'll try the other two next time.

if you're only using 1 atty, that could explain why the flavors are blending together. You may want to have a seperate atty for fruity flavors, tobacoo flavors etc...

I used the atty for the first time today, so it hasn't been blended with anything. No vanilla taste whatsoever. :( But I understand what you mean about having a separate one for each type of flavor. :)

You don't have to have a drip tip to direct drip, just remove the cart to drip and replace the cart to to take a drag. Also, no threads need, the drip tip fits in the atty and has a rubber gasket around it to keep it in place. :) The juice will not run out with a drip tip... keep in mind you're only adding 2-3 drops at a time when dripping. If you do direct drip, be sure to remove any filler that is in the cart.

If you're dripping while using a regular cart, keep a tissue handy and wipe off any condensation around the end each time you remove it to drip. That will help prevent any juice/condensation from getting in your mouth (known as getting juiced).

I don't want to bad mouth my supplier because I really like them. They called me, wrote a personal note, wrote me emails, all to help me get first set up. (I think you might know who I mean.) I went with a blend of PG and VG, if that makes any difference, perhaps. I'll try the other two next time.

if you cant taste the stuff at vt i would have to say that maybe the flavors vaped might not have that strong of a taste. the coffee kind should but vanilla is a hit or miss kind of thing.

as far as vanilla goes, vanilla bean is by far the best. but i couldn't taste it much. that however was when i first started and was using carts that came with my kit from volcanoecigs. kit carts are crap anyways though.

it very well could be that your taste buds are shot right now.

try caramel candy from vaporbomb. that stuff is good! also you can leave them a note when ordering to amp up the flavor a bit.

if nothing else, drop your nic amount and try out 5 volt mods. that's almost all i use/sale.

you can try a LR atty but they don't really taste or feel the same as 5 volts.

Yes, I think we know who you mean. :) I've only heard good things about their juice. Hopefully you'll be able to taste some of the other flavors that you get. Honestly, I've had cappuccino from a few places and they didn't have the bold type coffee flavor I was hoping for. Overall, can't say I've liked any of the cappuccinos I've tried.

If this is your first day with the atty you may also be getting some of the after taste of the primer(nasty).

Like every one has already told you flavors are different for everyone. When I first started out I couldn't tell one flavor from another except for the menthol ones. It takes time so don't worry it will get better. Also, if you find a flavor that is kinda to your liking and it just doesn't have enough flavor for you you could always try adding a little more flavor from one of the DIY shops. I did it with peach till I got it where I wanted it. Now I make several of my own juices so I can get the flavor as strong as I like. But first and formost...get some more attys or cartos. You really can't do very well with only one atty. And if it goes out you're stuck. So as "nana" says get back-ups!!!!

Good luck and happy vaping.

VG has a mellower flavor than PG. You might want to try straight PG until your tastebuds come back to life. I didn't think mine were dead, I loved my treats and certain foods, but after I started vaping it was a whole new world after the first few days. (i was lucky, mine awoke pretty early in the game). Apple was the first one that really woke my tastebuds up. They were dancing in my mouth, I swear!

Good luck in your quest for the right mix and the right flavor. It's a fun quest, so don't give up!

Surprisingly after smoking analogs half of my life, my tastebuds woke up pretty fast, too. If you're using one atty for several flavors, it could be that one flavor is lingering in there somewhere and other flavors are having a neutral effect. You're going to find vast differences in the same e-liquid from different suppliers, and I'm afraid it's going to be experimenting initially. Some of this is the learning curve that you've read about. I know that it will work out for you, because it has for me. I know what I like at this point, and that's who I order from. Good luck!