Emulsions Vs. Extracts

HyOnLyph

I was considering a little DIY experimentation. Mostly because, in our women's home, the ladies want some sweet fruity and chocolate flavors with Zero nicotine.

I looked at LorAnns and I found a website called The Baker's Kitchen http://www.thebakerskitchen.net/extracts-and-flavors.aspx

They both sell "emulsions". I don't know if those work as well. The are supposed to be more potent in bakery goods. I did a search of the DIY forum and couldn't find anything.

Any thoughts?

I've been wondering this as well. I can tell you the candy flavorings do work, have been waiting til we have some extra money to get the emulsions. Let us know if you end up finding out! :)

sorry, you may be the guinea pig on this one.

over all, so long as the liquids are water soluable, they should work just fine. the oil based liquids can be used, but require shaking before each use and can be a bit hard on atomizers. the oil based ones, can clog the atty.

sorry, you may be the guinea pig on this one.

over all, so long as the liquids are water soluable, they should work just fine. the oil based liquids can be used, but require shaking before each use and can be a bit hard on atomizers. the oil based ones, can clog the atty.

Most of the emulsions that I saw are water soluable. They are cloudy. I saw on another thread that someone was concerned over a "cloudy" mix. I would expect that an emulsion additive would make it cloudy too.

Still doing a little research before I dive into this.

I don't think cloudy would be an issue so long as the mixture is water soluble. I have only used Lorann, DIY Flavorshack and Flavourart (freedomsmokeusa).

I know budget is tough. sounds like it might be worth a try. I took a look at the site and look pretty good.

I have tried using emulsions but had no luck, little to no vapor, I am not sure where I may have gone wrong so I gave up trying it. Maybe you will have better luck =)

They talk about emulsions having the flavor "bound" into suspension... I'm thinking the binding process may not let the flavor vaporize. Might work great for baking but I'm hesitant regarding vapor.

Could you taste the flavor but not vapor?