Think I Am Not Going To Vape

Well I thought I could use vaping as a way to get off of analog cigarettes slowly but I just read about the nicotine poisoning in a thread here and don't want to chance it. Don't feel like I can get off of the analogs 100 percent right now and I don't want to risk the nicotine overdose thing.

Just ordered my set and everything too. What a bummer. :thumbsdown:

Was hoping this was the way to help me quit.

I think I remember the thread you are talking about.

Because that is the ONE and ONLY instance I have ever heard about it.

I used to smoke and vape together like crazy all the time when I first started, and had absolutely zero problems at all. If I were you, I'd give it a try anyway. You'll most likely be fine. That was literally the first and only time I have ever heard of that happening. I'm sure others will back me up on this.

But it's your choice!

well you thought right. you can use vaping to get off cigarettes. i've done it. there's countless stories from people right here in this forum who have done it. i wouldn't let a statistical outlier prevent me from at least trying it, especially if i'd already ordered the stuff. but that's just me, and i wish you success in quitting cigarettes by whatever means you choose.

Hi qt,

If you just listen to your body while you're vaping it will tell you when you had enough. I wouldn't be too concerned. Remember you are in control of your nicotine intake.

^Agree with this^

I mean, I was smoking while vaping 24mg all the time, and apparently 24mg is considered high by most people.

i vape pretty high nic all day, 30mg or less, just drink lots of water and give it a break if 1. you get a headache or 2. upset tummy

The thing about people dying from this, is that they most likely ordered something lethal like 50-60mg, and vaped up consistantly... As long as youre not retarded about it, youll be fine. Just dont be vaping mixing supplies without first mixing them, ya know?

i vape pretty high nic all day, 30mg or less, just drink lots of water and give it a break if 1. you get a headache or 2. upset tummy

The thing about people dying from this, is that they most likely ordered something lethal like 50-60mg, and vaped up consistantly... As long as youre not retarded about it, youll be fine. Just dont be vaping mixing supplies without first mixing them, ya know?

totally stupid question which is which? which ones are for mixing and which are for just filling the carto's? :blush:

I think they were talking about vaping straight nic!! LOL DIY'ers buy pure nic to mix in with their juice flavors. I can tell pretty dang quick when I'm vaping too much! I just start to get a headache.....I'm one of the lucky ones that does not get headaches, SO , when I got one, one night while sitting here in TinyChat I knew exactly what it was! Switched to some zero nic juice I had and VOILA......headache left me! thumbsup.gif

I agree....you would have to do something REALLY wild or dumb to OD on Nicotine with bought juice. I started with 24 mg and am already down to the 6-11 mg range!

totally stupid question which is which? which ones are for mixing and which are for just filling the carto's? :blush:

The liquids for mixing will usually be 36mg or higher, and will have no flavoring. They will be labeled such as: 60MG PG DIY for Mixing. These are flavorless, and intended for the addition of additional PG/VG and flavorings of the mixers choice.

Hope that helps

I have not heard about nicotine OD from e-cigs, ever! (I will find the thread here and check it out momentarily.) But analogs cause cancer. In many, many well-documented cases. And emphysema. If you are basing your decision on health risks of each product (analogs vs. e-cigs) it just seems like, with all due respect, cigarettes wouldn't be the safer of the two. It almost sounds like your addiction is talking to you, trying to talk you out of quitting.

The chances of this are pretty slim. You have to remember this forum has been around since almost the start of ecigs. We've all sort of learned along the way. There where much higher strengths back then.

You'd have to drink e liquid before you'd end up with nicotine poisoning. I know "listening to your body" doesn't seem like it would work but it does. Have you ever gone out drinking, smoked your rear end off only to feel sort of "bleh" You think to yourself "got I can't smoke anymore" The same thing would happen with vaping. I can assure you that if you start with say 12 or 16mg you'd have to really push yourself to ever hit nicotine poisoning. In other words your not going to vape only to wake up 8 hours later and think "what just happened" it doesn't work like that. It takes A LOT of time and you'd end up throwing up before you ever hit a lethal stage. Now if you buy 100ml of 36mg from China and then spilled it all over yourself... well then your on your own. ;)

That is pretty scary though. Who would want to overdose on nicotine ? This scares me, but even though it does I still plan to vape. Think of all the damage a regular cigarette does to you. Just take your time and pace yourself. If something doesn't feel right, stop. :thumbsup:

If you're referring to the thread I think you are, honestly, I found that to be questionable to begin with. Unless you have an accident with some very high nic and get it all over you, I don't think there much risk of ODing on nic. As everyone has said, your body will tell you you've had enough. Same as smoking. If you go smoke 10 cigs in a row, you're going to feel it and probably end up puking. Now, if you're on some other type of drugs (high) or grossly intoxicated, then your body may not be able to react to the nic, but seem to me that would be the only way to OD on nic.

There was a time that whenever I got juice on my hands I would rush to wash it off. Now I just like it off. I vape 24mg.

Edited by Brian

I started off with 48mg juice and did get a couple of headaches from vaping too much, but all I did was cut the mg level down and haven't had a problem since. I know at least one person who vapes 48mg juice and still smokes, too. I really wouldn't worry about the OD thing. Like the others have said, it's almost impossible to do.

I completely agree with Brian. That one post you are talking about was a bit questionable.

Edited by nana

I'll just add that I went with 24, stuck to my regular smoking habits, once an hour, go outside etc. I didn't have any issues as I realized when I started cutting the real issue was habit not nicotine. There were lots of discussions in the health section back in November I believe. Many of the studies knocking e-cigs make fun of the fact that (according to them) the users get very little nicotine. No idea if that's true or not. The only thing I would be careful of is the skin will absorb nicotine, so a VERY careless user could possibly get more than they should, but I would think they would have to be incredibly irresponsible.

So set a schedule and a level you feel comfortable with, every other cig, vape instead. Replace more if you can very slowly and see how you do. I believe many are hooked on the habit some find it useful to start cutting back on the nic as well. Many I help out actually start with 0-6mg of nic, these are the weekend smokers, all habit, no current nicotine addiction. The brain remembers the nic jolt and habit just says "do it again" when they drink/stress/etc. Some are more nic addicted than habit, I think that's where you find the big mg users. JMHO.

There was a time that whenever I got juice on my hands I would rush to wash it off. Now I just like it off. I vape 24mg.

:X This TOTALLY reminded me of when I first started. I'd wear latex gloves when handling 24mg!!! Seems kind of silly in retrospect.

Well I am a nurse and have been for 15yrs. The placebo effect works almost as well as medications do. Same thing goes for illnesses. Think about a headache long enough and you'll get one. If you believe you have nicotine poisoning your body may begin to manifest the symptoms. I won't even get into hypochondriacs and attention seekers. From reading this post it seems there has been one instance reported over a couple of years and I won't even speculate to the number of members on here. Compare that to adverse effects from FDA approved medications. For example many overdose stories related to idiots putting on too many nicotine patches. Vape responsibly. The regular posters on this forum seem to consistently give sound advice and have been a reliable source of information for me.

BTW 42,000 to 47,000 people a year die in car accidents in America, but most of us still drive. 400,000 deaths a year related to smoking. I'd say statistically speaking Vaping is much safer than driving or analog cigarettes.

Edited by madhatter7750