It's Been A While...

So it's been quite a long while since I've used ANY 3.7 volt device!

Evidently it's been a really long time... because I thought I'd throw a brand new LR atty on my Tornado and chill with it for a while here at work. Well, I can safely say that the LR atty/Tornado combo is a complete let down after using my Buzz and other 5v mods for a long time. I still get decent vapor production, etc. with it, but as a whole it just doesn't even come close to what I have obviously gotten used to lately! I definately wouldn't be able to say that it's close to vaping at 5 volts. I remember how much I disliked having to take such long/slow drags to get anything out of it. And, I noticed right off, how much cooler the vapor was vs. the HV mods. Don't get me wrong... I'm not going to ditch my Tornado gear because of this observation! These still make excellent backups!! And my goodness... I forgot just how blazing hot these attys got until just a second ago! :wallbash:

Is this a common reaction when switching from HV back down to said combo??

Edited by DAYVAPE

Yes sir. I've been vaping 6V for a couple of months now and 3.7v just don't cut it. I do use a regular mega batt and carto for fishing and it gets me by, but that's usually on for a few hours. No way I could go back to 3.7.

Just as I figured... man, it should be a crime to let all the gear I have just sit around and collect dust in the drawer! Oh well. I see a nice PIF "gift basket" taking shape one of these days! :thumbsup:

Seriously though... I don't think I could fullfill my vaping needs with this little crapper! LOL.

Edited by DAYVAPE

OH yeah day vape! spread the wealth! I just added a lil bit to the prize of my PIF contest. Won't be needing it any more!

Oh and I think I'll stay at 3.7 a while longer and use the LR attys. Wifey kinda gettin miffed bout my ordering almost every day!!! LOL

Edited by ThaHodgehound

I use my eGo with a LR atty at work and I admit its not totally satisfying but it gets the job done. The highlight of my day is getting in my car after work and driving home vaping my SB at 6V.

I use my eGo with a LR atty at work and I admit its not totally satisfying but it gets the job done. The highlight of my day is getting in my car after work and driving home vaping my SB at 6V.

Me too. 3.7 while at work, much more inconspicuous. Love getting into my Jeep with my 5v PT and then to home with my VP-PT and my boxmod (thanks again boxmodman). 3.7 seems to work best with my strong flavors and a bit of menthol kick--not the same, but gets me through the shift.

I'm just happy to know that I'm not the only one that felt this way. I was beginning to wonder just how CRAZY I was!! And, I totally agree with what some of you have said... the eGo is much more stealthy, etc. while at work. I'm sure I would be doing the same thing if I had to be careful. BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE FOR ME!

OK, that does it! I want high voltage. I love my eGo and I won't get rid of it but there are too many people who are too happy about 5 and/or 6 volts. I just gotta get one now. B)

OK, that does it! I want high voltage. I love my eGo and I won't get rid of it but there are too many people who are too happy about 5 and/or 6 volts. I just gotta get one now. B)

Now please visit the "I make myself sick" thread. LOL!

It's definately different IMHO. I've never tried 6 volts... that just seems like it would be a bit much for my liking... especially knowing how fond I am of 4.7-5.0 on mine. Everyone likes different settings... which is why I suggest you look into getting something with variable voltage, or at least something that has more than one setting.

I've only tried 6v a couple of times and wasn't too sure about it. I do love 5v, but I go through so much juice that I try to go 5v only occasionally. But I'm sure glad I have it cause it's great!!

Some of my eGo batteries produce better vapor and easier hits than the others. Same with my attys. When the combo is right it's wonderful. Full flavor and great vapor. A 3 to 5 second draw is usually sufficient. Maybe your batteries aren't working right. I'm not saying it'll perform like sb pt. No way. But it should perform better than it is.

I travel for work quite a bit, via airplane and it really isnt practical to bring along my full size mods, as much as I love them. I usually go to multiple destinations in a trip so that means a plane ride almost every day with little hotel time to sleep. I bring my ego's with LR atties. I will agree with everyone else that it is not as good, for sure, particularly because I am using LTB carts as well. However, it is far better than "nothing" or a standard 510. I don't mind it too much but I also NEVER use it when my mods are within walking distance.

It isn't that hard to go back, for short periods of time and is far better than the alternative....pyros at a hotel bar after a few scotches.

On a side note, The Crowne Plaza (at least in Greensville NC) has a $1000 restoration fee if you smoke in your room.

The reasons to not smoke get bigger every day.

Some of my eGo batteries produce better vapor and easier hits than the others. Same with my attys. When the combo is right it's wonderful. Full flavor and great vapor. A 3 to 5 second draw is usually sufficient. Maybe your batteries aren't working right. I'm not saying it'll perform like sb pt. No way. But it should perform better than it is.

I even put the trusty multi-meter to the batts to make sure that wasn't it.

Everything was fine... so maybe it was the atty(s) that I tried.

Maybe they needed "broke in" longer... or something.

Either way... I have totally gone to cartos anyway!! Even though I still top them off every 10-15 drags... the flavor is so much better than any atty out there! Nothing like a good, topped off carto at 4.7 volts!!