Joker 2 Already?

Joker 2 already... Well, I'm feeling a little screwed. I had just about gotten over my buyers remorse, but this just takes the cake. I feel like I got the unfinished version.

So this version is adjustable voltage from 3.7 - 6v using the same batteries as the first joker. Doesn't this mean that the first joker is really a 6v unit? Seems like I asked that before and got some confusing answer from Jesso.

Anyhow, I think I'll go order a Buzz.

Sorry to vent.

you know... something held me back from getting the Joker, maybe it was because I already had a device that took the exact same batteries, minus the LED and "protection unit" (which is unnecessary because Tenergy batteries have a really good protection in them).

All of a sudden this "variable voltage" concept comes out and everyone drops everything!

I see buying PV's a lot like buying any other technology: wait a few more months until something better comes out or until the price drops for what you want!

With the vaping world growing by leaps and bounds, there is always upgrades and something new and improved.....

In the last year I have seen many come and go--I'm usually the one that buys just before the upgrade...Much like computers and cell phones.

I think I'll go order a Buzz.

That makes two of us. I really do like my Joker, but the price was plain hurtful and reliability seems to be an issue. (mine is currently in the shop under warranty for non-functioning LED.) I got caught up in the hype once. I don't regret it, the Joker is a good unit. The Joker part deux?

Thanks, but no thanks Vaprlife. :thumbsdown:

Our sincerest apologies to everyone ......

We wanted all *Joker* owners to know that we inadvertently left out a key piece of information in our original post regarding *The Joker 2*...:blush:

We would ask that you please take time to read our most recent post, which contains additional information that should have been included with the first post.

Thank you for your understanding........:wave:

VaprLife Team:animier:

We wanted all *Joker* owners to know that we inadvertently left out a key piece of information in our original post regarding *The Joker 2*...:blush:

We would ask that you please take time to read our most recent post, which contains additional information that should have been included with the first post.

BTW we have already applied for a Provisional Patent Application for the variable voltage on a PV ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

we should talk ??

Did you apply for the patent AFTER you released the device? Was the application processed and approved before images and the device itself was released? If not, then it's public domain.

You might also wish to contact vaprlife directly rather than in an open forum.

No , and that does not preclude applying for a patent under US law

I did contact them

If you feel that the post is inappropriate please delete it

I just find it funny that their signature reads

" Imitation..... is the sincerest form of flattery "

well, technically, everyone creating any kind of e-cig in imitating... regardless if what that add to it, or have improved upon.

In all fairness EVERYONE has been saying for the past month - and giving YOU the credit - that variable voltage is the new standard. you should be proud of that. But when everyone is saying "i can't see myself getting a mod that is NOT variable voltage", then other manufacturers have to respond.

in order to compete you have to be playing the same game, right? ;)

VaprLife set the previous standard when a lot of others were offering outdated screwdrivers, exploding mods, and faulty switches. They have outstanding customer service, and when **** goes wrong they take care of it.

choice is good! and so is competition. that's what leads to innovation, as you should well know.

that being said, i will be getting a Buzz (hurry up with those 510 fittings!) ;)

Edited by Stirfry

My brother's Buzz is a really nice unit. Very good looking and well made. But it sure needs a way to adjust the voltage without the meter! Even knowing how many turns equals how many volts would be something to go on. I say this because he switches between cartos and 801s - 510 carto for the commute, 801 for daily vape. But they do need the voltage adjusted for optimum menthol vaping.

Wow! You really came through on this one - Thanks!!! Great news.

No , and that does not preclude applying for a patent under US law

I did contact them

If you feel that the post is inappropriate please delete it

I just find it funny that their signature reads

" Imitation..... is the sincerest form of flattery "

You've got my total support Buzz! And I love my unit!!! :thumbsup:

My brother's Buzz is a really nice unit. Very good looking and well made. But it sure needs a way to adjust the voltage without the meter! Even knowing how many turns equals how many volts would be something to go on. I say this because he switches between cartos and 801s - 510 carto for the commute, 801 for daily vape. But they do need the voltage adjusted for optimum menthol vaping.

Dave on our web site there is a downloadable CHART that shows Turns VS Voltage http://www.notcigs.c...uemart&Itemid=1

Also you can at times use the LED to get an idea , the BLUE led will get brighter with higher voltages. Other than that you need a volt meter to set the start point.

Dave on our web site there is a downloadable CHART that shows Turns VS Voltage http://www.notcigs.c...uemart&Itemid=1

Also you can at times use the LED to get an idea , the BLUE led will get brighter with higher voltages. Other than that you need a volt meter to set the start point.

Thank you!

I still would like to see an American company make a beautiful PV device. I have the GG slim with the 7v extention and the thing is a work of art. Even the eGo looks good. The American PV's look like pegs of a BMX bike turned into a PV. The best looking American made PV that I have seen is the VP1. Even thoe I don't use it much, I won't give it away. I do break it out from time to time, but that's about it. And for the varible voltage topic, I was thinking of useing a microcontroller to switch from 3v to 5v. The controller can be programed to be 3v but if you push the button 3 times fast then it goes to 5v and the led changes color. Parallax makes a chip called BS1. It's small and not expencive and there might be even smaller ones out there.....Just my 2 cents.(I might need to get some change back also.lol)

I still would like to see an American company make a beautiful PV device. I have the GG slim with the 7v extention and the thing is a work of art. Even the eGo looks good. The American PV's look like pegs of a BMX bike turned into a PV. The best looking American made PV that I have seen is the VP1. Even thoe I don't use it much, I won't give it away. I do break it out from time to time, but that's about it. And for the varible voltage topic, I was thinking of useing a microcontroller to switch from 3v to 5v. The controller can be programed to be 3v but if you push the button 3 times fast then it goes to 5v and the led changes color. Parallax makes a chip called BS1. It's small and not expencive and there might be even smaller ones out there.....Just my 2 cents.(I might need to get some change back also.lol)

Das why not just use a switch ?? and can the Processor.

Just saying

Ok you can have $.01 back now

Das why not just use a switch ?? and can the Processor.

Just saying

Ok you can have $.01 back now

TY for the change. The processor can monitor the voltage and protect aginst shorts in the system. It also can automaticly switch from 6v to 3.7 by paraleling the 2 battries to make the unit last longer at a lower voltage and letting the Vapist know that there battires are getting low and will be needing to change them soon. Using the processor you can use a touch switch instead of a push button this would eliminate the acidental fireing of the unit in someone's pocket unless they get wet. Also make charging contacts on the bottom of the unit so it can be droped into a charger at the end of the day giving the user the choice of switching the battries or charging them inside the unit. using diodes you can protect from getting a shock from the charging contacts. Keeping a charger on your desk it can hold and charge to unit at the smae time.

Vapist

sounds dirty. lol.

LOL. Ya, maybe I shouldn't use that term. It could open up some doors for people to make some wise cracks. Good thing I tested it out here first. Ty for pointing that out. lol.

TY for the change. The processor can monitor the voltage and protect aginst shorts in the system. It also can automaticly switch from 6v to 3.7 by paraleling the 2 battries to make the unit last longer at a lower voltage and letting the Vapist know that there battires are getting low and will be needing to change them soon. Using the processor you can use a touch switch instead of a push button this would eliminate the acidental fireing of the unit in someone's pocket unless they get wet. Also make charging contacts on the bottom of the unit so it can be droped into a charger at the end of the day giving the user the choice of switching the battries or charging them inside the unit. using diodes you can protect from getting a shock from the charging contacts. Keeping a charger on your desk it can hold and charge to unit at the smae time.

I also like the idea of a processor BUT the reliability is the question , the more parts / functions the more likely it is to fail IMO

good idea , I know that Cisco is working on a Processor based PV soon as well.