Carto Opinions

OK guys and gals... I know this topic has been beaten to death.

BUT, I'm starting to get into the "carto craze"... and I'm curious as to what you all prefer with a Tornado/Ego? I saw a GrimmGreen vid where he was talking about the "Premium Cartos" from Vapr4life and how awesome they are vs. regular ones. Can anyone else support that? What cartos do you feel work best at 3.7ish volts? Thanks in advance peeps!! :thumbsup:

Another thing: I came home and measure the resistance on some cartos I currently have... that I found ONLY work worth a damn at 5v. They are 3.3.... that certainly explains why they suck on my Tornado! That puts the watts somewhere in the LOW 4's! Are any other cartos different resistance? Is that maybe why Grimm likes the Premium Cartos? Grimm? You out there my friend?? :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

I might try those, are they supposed to be lower res? I do low res on the ego/tornado. Think I want the cartos on HV but have a sample of low res cartos coming from bombdropsvapor.

I don't know much about cartos... I knew I could rely on you guys though!

I think the one Grimm reviewed are KR808s so you'd have to have an adapter to use them.

You may want to check out these LR 510 cartos:

My link

THAT'S what I was looking for to go with my Tornado... hopefully those will kick. Thanks Brian... I didn't know they even made them in LR yet. I'm happy now... cuz regular cartos are simply too high a resistance to work at an optimal range on the eGo in my opinion.

Im still thinking I'll try some of thos KR's with an adapter too... they look like they rock. KR808 is same threading as a 901, correct?

Edited by DAYVAPE

I think LR cartos will be great on a 3.7V device, hopefully will see soon. Regular cartos not so much unless HV device. I supposedly have a 4.2V device that I believe is in the post office waiting for pickup...Ego knockoff. Curious about that with regular cartos.

but best combo ever so far is dripping into an LR atty on the ego.

I might try those, are they supposed to be lower res? I do low res on the ego/tornado. Think I want the cartos on HV but have a sample of low res cartos coming from bombdropsvapor.

I just placed an order for some as well. Your's will be to you first...so I'd love to hear what you think of them if you don't mind my friend! I don't know where my regular cartos came from....I know they weren't advertised as anything other than "regular 510 cartos"... they work great at 5v though. Anyone here tried the Premium ones from Vapr4life?

I think LR cartos will be great on a 3.7V device, hopefully will see soon. Regular cartos not so much unless HV device. I supposedly have a 4.2V device that I believe is in the post office waiting for pickup...Ego knockoff. Curious about that with regular cartos.

but best combo ever so far is dripping into an LR atty on the ego.

I still agree 100% with that statement! Hopefull these LR Cartos will give us another fantastic option.... afterall, you can't beat the great flavor with cartos, IMHO.

NP - really curious as I've been looking for LR cartos and declaring them as the holy grail. We shall see. Most concerned about longevity, if they make a few fillings I will be happy. I think they are not shipping until 6/9 anyway so depending on how the order went in...I really want to try with the 4.2 volt device as well.

http://www.absolutelyecigs.com/absolute-maxx-starter-p-125.html

Unfortunately I think it came but is at the post office, waiting for pickup at the incredibly convenient times of between 8:30 and 5:00.

NP - really curious as I've been looking for LR cartos and declaring them as the holy grail. We shall see. Most concerned about longevity, if they make a few fillings I will be happy. I think they are not shipping until 6/9 anyway so depending on how the order went in...I really want to try with the 4.2 volt device as well.

http://www.absolutelyecigs.com/absolute-maxx-starter-p-125.html

Unfortunately I think it came but is at the post office, waiting for pickup at the incredibly convenient times of between 8:30 and 5:00.

Man, I actually saw those several days ago when I was debating on the 1000mah Tornado battery. Can't wait to see your review on the MAXX baby!! :thumbsup:

http://www.absolutel...rter-p-125.html

I hope those really work out. I've finally figured out how to use the regular cartomizers with a 4.2-3.7 volt device, but it seems like every time I try one on a higher voltage device, the juice in there doesn't flow fast enough through the filling to the heating element and I just get a burnt tastesad.gif. I'm curious to learn if the same thing occurs with LR cartos. Good luck and please let us know of your experiences.

I hope those really work out. I've finally figured out how to use the regular cartomizers with a 4.2-3.7 volt device, but it seems like every time I try one on a higher voltage device, the juice in there doesn't flow fast enough through the filling to the heating element and I just get a burnt tastesad.gif. I'm curious to learn if the same thing occurs with LR cartos. Good luck and please let us know of your experiences.

And I would like to know how you get crap out of the regular ones ?? :thumbsup:

And I would like to know how you get crap out of the regular ones ?? :thumbsup:

Not quite sure by what you mean, but if you mean how do I use them and get them to work then I'd say at least for me anyways, it's a combination of condom filling and direct dripping. I condom fill at night before bed (that didn't sound right), use them in the car for the drive to work, then direct drip while I'm at my desk. I use a Drip tip on it and top off with about 5-15 drops. i usually do about 5 drops at at time. After you add drops, you gotta inhale very slowly so you don't get juiced. After about 5 or six drags, i can inhale like normal again until I have to top off again. With as much as I vape, it's still better than 3 drops every 6-7 drags. I noticed the flavor is much less, and the vapor is OK, but still not too bad.

Maybe I'm still doing something wrong, and there is a better way. Any suggestions?

Not quite sure by what you mean, but if you mean how do I use them and get them to work then I'd say at least for me anyways, it's a combination of condom filling and direct dripping. I condom fill at night before bed (that didn't sound right), use them in the car for the drive to work, then direct drip while I'm at my desk. I use a Drip tip on it and top off with about 5-15 drops. i usually do about 5 drops at at time. After you add drops, you gotta inhale very slowly so you don't get juiced. After about 5 or six drags, i can inhale like normal again until I have to top off again. With as much as I vape, it's still better than 3 drops every 6-7 drags. I noticed the flavor is much less, and the vapor is OK, but still not too bad.

Maybe I'm still doing something wrong, and there is a better way. Any suggestions?

Yeah, that's what I do... and I don't think that's good enough for what they are "supposed" to do.

I never am able to do more than 8 or 10 drags w/o dripping.... so what's the point really? They do taste better in the beginning... but I want to be able to use one for hours like they were meant to be used.

What device are you using? Cartomizers don't work well with my Spade, VP2, or my plasitic box mods. It's as if those batteries don't have the power behind it to really produce. Where it DOES work is with my XHaler at 3.7 volts. I use the AW brand 17670 battery. That seems to have enough power behind it to make it work yet not so strong as high volts to atomize too quickly. It's just my own experience.

What device are you using? Cartomizers don't work well with my Spade, VP2, or my plasitic box mods. It's as if those batteries don't have the power behind it to really produce. Where it DOES work is with my XHaler at 3.7 volts. I use the AW brand 17670 battery. That seems to have enough power behind it to make it work yet not so strong as high volts to atomize too quickly. It's just my own experience.

I use it with my Tornado... I mean, it works, just not like it should.

By the way... I just found out that the resistance on the Vapr4Life Premium attys is between 2 and 3. So those wouldn't be the best way either according to Ohm's Law! Can't wait to try the LR attys... just hope they don't get too hot. We shall see.

By the way... I just found out that the resistance on the Vapr4Life Premium attys is between 2 and 3.

That actually sounds good, I think I was seeing 3.3 or so on regular cartomizers. Might have to try some premiums as well.

That actually sounds good, I think I was seeing 3.3 or so on regular cartomizers. Might have to try some premiums as well.

But that just puts the watts at 5.4... I thought we wanted alot higher than that ? I'm confused... lol.

Anyone have a coupon code for Vapor4life? Nevermind, I found one.

Edited by DAYVAPE

But that just puts the watts at 5.4... I thought we wanted alot higher than that ? I'm confused... lol.

Anyone have a coupon code for Vapor4life? Nevermind, I found one.

Not saying perfect, but I was less than impressed with cartos even on the ego battery. 2.5 or so for the v4life cartos is a pretty good improvement over 3.3. Maybe I have the measurements all wrong anyway. Can't we get a pinned listing of atty/mod/battery measurements?

BTW - I thought the voltage on the ego is 3.1. I think the voltage on the 4.2 I'm getting is going to be 3.7. I might have that wrong, but the real voltage I thought was less than listed under load and after dropoff. Good news is a true 1.8 carto would be pretty good at 3.1 or 3.7.

Not saying perfect, but I was less than impressed with cartos even on the ego battery. 2.5 or so for the v4life cartos is a pretty good improvement over 3.3. Maybe I have the measurements all wrong anyway. Can't we get a pinned listing of atty/mod/battery measurements?

BTW - I thought the voltage on the ego is 3.1. I think the voltage on the 4.2 I'm getting is going to be 3.7. I might have that wrong, but the real voltage I thought was less than listed under load and after dropoff. Good news is a true 1.8 carto would be pretty good at 3.1 or 3.7.

Thats true... can't wait to find out.... just ordered some of the Premiums as well. Hell, it looks like I'll have enuf dang cartos to send to our VapingSoldier!! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Have some 510 colored cartos coming in at 2.9V and we'll see how they go on a regular mega batt and 14500. Was looking at the new "ego's" out there and will be looking for feedback on these models. What has anyone found to be the best resistant carto on the Ego style batt at 3.7?

SO... I got my cartos from Vapor4Life in today. I got the Premium cartos and I also got a box of the Cool Cartos. The Premiums are 2.7 ohms and the Cools are 3.4 ohms. I find that the Premium Cartos really do work quite well on my eGo! As for the Cool Cartos... they are great at 5 volts. Overall, the Premium cartos are well made... I like their performance so far on my Tornado. I will still be getting the LR cartos in a couple of weeks once the new order comes in and he ships them to me. I have a feeling it will only improve what I've already got. We'll see... Anyway, just thought I'd let you know how these performed. They even tossed in a freebie Peach carto for me to try... and it's pretty darn good, for what it's worth! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE