Support Our Vaping Troops!

I guess it's just the Polyanna in me but I'd like to think this is legit and that there's a good explanation for ... well. That there's a good explanation. I like sending stuff to our troops; a bunch of knife makers sent knives to one of our spec ops groups in Afghanistan a few years ago and that has been the highlight of my whole knifemaking career. You can see the story (wow, I really need to updte that; Wade sent me pics of the knife after several years of use and it's butt ugly now! Edit: Oh wait; I did on another page.God I'm getting old and lame.) at my little vanity website if you're interested. Anyway the reason I mention this is that we sent the knives to the group's CO at an APO address. I'd feel okay about this if we were sending vaping supplies to an APO address. At least we'd verify they're going to active soldiers that way. Just a thought.

Edited by ddavelarsen

I always assume the benefit of the doubt, but a few of us were wondering...we'll see if there's a response. I was going to PM and ask for a base address/name/serial but Christopher already had the ball rolling.

Will await a response from the vaping soldier and see what the story is.

I have a habit of trusting people and usually my radar is pretty good..... and would very much like there to be a very good explaination......

Lol. after all, I have trusted you lot (not sure if thats good or bad)....ok, I'll go with good.

Normally I don't trust anyone. Since joining here I've been trusting a bit more. At least with some of the people. I didn't see this one coming at all. I'd like to think there is a good explanation, but the ISP address sort of throws any explanation out, doesn't it?

I think you can actually remote through a router, use VPN etc to look like you are somewhere else. In all honesty I was feeling a little weird two days ago but I am always suspicious. I was glad to see Ouster ask for pics as I didn't want to be the jerk (haha - just kidding Ouster). I do prefer to wait so there is no egg on the face on a false accusation. My offer on a PM was going to be to send stuff to the FL address and to a base address and he can take a shot holding them up. Offer still stands VS.

In all honesty the reason I'm suspicious is you never know who you are sending stuff to and if they are a minor, there could be some trouble. Another reason I like keeping stuff in PMs, not dragging the community into it, then at least its just my bad.

I don't know what to say... the guy sure SOUNDS legit when talking about stuff.

But I suppose I know alot of those "army wannabe guys" too... I'm just hoping we're all wrong, honestly.

Edited by DAYVAPE

I'm just hoping we're all wrong, honestly.

Me too. Could still be army, just maybe not where he says he is. Or a brother, or reading things off the site Ouster found. I say we relax until he shows up again. Get some info and figure it out.

Oh wow .. I was wondering if Ouster had made this thread. I was going to pitch in. Guess now I'll sit and wait it out. I hope for the sake of human decency that this guy isn't full of ****.

My husband has been deployed twice. Both times on a base with an APO. Not exactly sure how it works, but I'm thinking if it's a base with all the necessities meaning goods coming in and out I would think there to be an APO.

Regardless of how this turns out I want you all to know that you've succeeded in showing myself and each of us how truly good natured people can be. For me, it really touches the heart and proves that we haven't all sold our souls. Thank you for reinforcing our faith in humanity. Give yourselves kudos...no more talk of feeling foolish!

Oh wow .. I was wondering if Ouster had made this thread. I was going to pitch in. Guess now I'll sit and wait it out. I hope for the sake of human decency that this guy isn't full of ****.

My husband has been deployed twice. Both times on a base with an APO. Not exactly sure how it works, but I'm thinking if it's a base with all the necessities meaning goods coming in and out I would think there to be an APO.

Regardless of how this turns out I want you all to know that you've succeeded in showing myself and each of us how truly good natured people can be. For me, it really touches the heart and proves that we haven't all sold our souls. Thank you for reinforcing our faith in humanity. Give yourselves kudos...no more talk of feeling foolish!

:thumbsup: They're are alotta of us out there..like yourself. I won a Marks mod tonight, and want to try to make this right for those of you who were willing to give to a soldier who may be trying to save their own life..not from a bullet, but a cigarette. I will be hosting a Pay It Forward contest starting tomorrow..based off this Thread. Winner will receive The Joker I won from the Throw Me contest. Good luck

That really is so great of you Ouster. You rock !!

It just goes to show you how great this forum is, everybody wants to help.

I will continue to assume the best of people until proven otherwise. I never want to become one of those people that is suspicious of everybody all the time.

I'm glad you spoke up ouster--remember we helped push you (in front of the bus apparently).

For your contest--I can throw in some liquid and blue foam.....??

I never want to become one of those people that is suspicious of everybody all the time.

That's why it helps to know people who are!!! I always try to assume the best and be prepared for the worst. Kind of an evil boy scout.

Hopefully everything's okay with VS, where ever they are...maybe Christopher can see if that IP signed on again without signing in.

WTH?? I hope this aint what it looks like! This is the first thing I have seen here that was anything less than amazing. I REALLY hope VS is a stand up guy and not a person looking for freebies just because of his "military obligations". NOT COOL