Vypr Vs Joker. Advice/input Wanted!

ok....

i was dead set on a Joker (i love the 5v experience, based on my VP PT) but the cost of the Joker, as well as the rate at which a 5v sucks down juice (more cost), combined with my financial situation... i think i am leaning towards the VYPR (and maybe a Wetbox as well) and loading up on atties/cartos, and a couple cases of bulk VT juice.

my current situation is i am a full time student, i have 3 children, and divorced... so money is tight. school is paid for (community college on grants), but my student loans are my main source of cash right now.

i do love the 5v experience... but i also like NOT running out of juice before my next check arrives, which has happened the last couple times. so i am looking a "cost vs need" situation, between getting a 5v Joker or 3.7v VYPR ( i NEED a longer life battery, but i WANT a 5v unit), in addition i am considering the rate of juice consumption.

it's hard to judge how much juice i would go through based on my VP PT (5v) which rips through juice, but is not portable (i vape diffe3rently at home that i do when out and about) compared to my Spade which is my constant companion, but i think i hat hit on more often due to it not being as "strong" as the VP PT.

so i guess my question is:

does it all even out (juice consumption) taking fewer hits from a unit that uses more juice... or more hits from a 3.7 that uses less juice (per hit)?

given my situation... would you opt for the Joker and and get it while you had the cash to do so, or would you get the VYPR (i need longer battery life than the Spade, regardless) and use the savings (over the joker) to double up on my juice and atties to make sure i don't run out yet again?

i am leaning towards the VYPR (i like the longer battery life, and the compact size), but i would really appreciate some input and/or advice from people who actually own these units.

thanks.

Edited by Stirfry

I have the Joker and I am very pleased with the performance. I get what you are saying about juice consumption and cost, however I never really paid attention to it. If cost is really a factor and vaping at 3.7 vs 5v is not a problem I would go with the Vypr.

About the wetbox, it is very popular right now and everyone that has one is raving. The only thing that keeps me from getting one is that you are locked into one juice. I like to change up my flavor frequently.

The Joker is awesome, but it does rip through the juice. ( well actually I'm the one ripping through the juice :) ) You may want to go with the Vyper or even look at the eGo if money is an issue.

May I suggest a Silver Bullet? You can use an 18650 (2400 mAh) battery and get excellent battery life at 3.7v. Or, you can use two LiFePO4s (Tenergy 750 mAh - same as the Joker) and get 6V and pretty darn good battery life. Based on my understanding, the Joker does not regulate the voltage, so you're getting the same thing. I have both (Joker and SB) and cannot tell the difference when vaping with the LiFePO4 batteries. The SB is a lot cheaper and more versatile. And if you ever wanted another PT, you could pick up the PT for the SB for another $55. Just my $0.02.

Oh - as for size, the Joker is only a little bigger than the VP2, but it weighs less. They really did a good job at making the Joker very light. In my hand and without batteries, it feel ligher than a spade. It almost feels like plastic.

Edited by Brian

When I'm on the go, I prefer to vape at 3.7 volts When I'm sitting in one place for a long time, I prefer high volts. I would go with the Vypr.

It's the size that matters to me. The Vypr is small enough to get around with, yet has enough power for a LR atty. When I use my VP2, I usually carry two extra 14500s with me, but rarely ever get to the third battery. Think of the Vypr as comparable to the eGo, except that the batteries are cheaper because you don't have to buy proprietary batts.

Edited by Tektronik

I have the Joker and I am very pleased with the performance. I get what you are saying about juice consumption and cost, however I never really paid attention to it. If cost is really a factor and vaping at 3.7 vs 5v is not a problem I would go with the Vypr.

About the wetbox, it is very popular right now and everyone that has one is raving. The only thing that keeps me from getting one is that you are locked into one juice. I like to change up my flavor frequently.

If you have a few 3ml bottles, you really dont have to be locked into one juice. I carry 3 bottles, one in the unit and 2 in a small case, changing the bottles is easy and unless you have vanilla in one and menthol in the other, switching the feeder pin is not a big deal at all, I just blow the juice out and stick it in the next flavor.

You get one extra bottle with the device and a google search will reveal alot of them quite cheap.

performance is very good and once you get the hang of it, it can be efficient on juice but to be honest, it is not as efficient as dripping.

I personally would recommend a silver bullet ($85) that takes the monster 18650 battery. Dripping, 24 hour battery for most and very durable.

An ego kit is not much less (considering 18650 batteries and charger. The other flexibility is that you CAN go to high volt, same as joker and stack 2 PROTECTED 3.0 batteries in the silver bullet.

If you can spend a little more on the PV ($85 + approx $25.00 for batteries and charger) vs $80 for ego kit, I do believe that the longer battery life and option to run at high volt (same as joker) may make the Silver Bullet a better option.

EDIT: and no, I didnt read the entire thread and now realize that I just parroted Brian.

Edited by Burn

thanks guys, keep it coming. the more input the better.

however, even though the versatility and sheer brute durability of the silver bullet is appealing, it is way bigger than what i am interested in at this time.

also i have no interest at all in proprietary batteries (like the eGo) what-so-ever.

i do like the wetbox for a "in the car" unit (where dripping if difficult), and since i only vape one flavor/mix, changing flavors is not an issue for me.

but i plan on trying out cartos when i order a new unit so that would solve the in-car dripping issue regardless of unit.

Of you want 5v on a budget, try the stompbox at cloudsofvapor. it's small, inexpensive, and two 14500s should give decent battery life. I've been using cartos on my 5v devices, and I find that juice consumption is not too bad. The flavor with the cartos is great, and the draw consistancy is something you don't get with dripping. What I mean is that the longer I drip on the same atomizer it seems that the draw becomes harder and I have to clean it out, but I can vape on the same carto and it draws the same for as long as it lasts. I also find that cartos are weak at 3.7v, giving you lots of flavor but no throat hit, but at 5v they rock.

I can't comment on battery life of my new MEGA TORNADIC BEAST... but I can assure you that I will be in love with it and a LR 510 atty. All day... and in to the next probably. :thumbsup: Prolly doesn't help much here... but I just wanted to add what I could. I would prolly get as much stuff as I could if I were in your shoes and still collecting backups for the backups. LOL.

I was going to mention the eGo, but your last post kind of blew that one out of the water. Then I was going to put in my vote for the Silver Bullet, too, but it doesn't sound like you're thinking along those lines either. I will say though that I didn't get a Silver Bullet in the beginning because of the size, but it turns out the size doesn't bother me at all. I don't think it's quite as big as I was afraid it was. Perhaps someone who has a Joker and a Silver Bullet could post a side by side pic to show you the difference. That may help. Or maybe there really is a huge difference. I don't know. I just know the size of the SB is not as tremendous as I thought it would be.

ok. i'm looking into the SB, you guys have sparked my curiosity to look more into that device. i found someone who has the SB, Joker, and Spade (i have a Spade, so it jives me a reference point) who will take i pic tomorrow.

i really appreciate all the input!

Edited by Stirfry

The SB is roughly the same height as the Joker but about twice the diameter. The Joker is about 1 inch taller than the Spade and twice the diameter.

yeah... been getting more and more intrigued my the SB... but i don't think so right now.

it seems way too big for convenient pocket carry...

however... in the future i think i might have to get one.

what about a VYPR with a High Drain Battery? that way it's compact, durable, and packing a little more punch.

(i think i am going to pick up a wetbox as a "car unit" regardless of which durable/metal/carry unit i get)

ok..

i think i am going with a Wetbox (cartos/longer battery life)

then i am going to wait a bit longer to decide on an HV unit... i want to see how the Megalodon turns out. looks versatile, and MUCH smaller than the SB. The Buzz seems interesting, but i simply cannot stand using adapters - i'm a 510 guy.

i use an adapter on my VP PT, and i can deal with it at home, but no way on the go. i just don't like them at all.

ok..

i think i am going with a Wetbox (cartos/longer battery life)

then i am going to wait a bit longer to decide on an HV unit... i want to see how the Megalodon turns out. looks versatile, and MUCH smaller than the SB. The Buzz seems interesting, but i simply cannot stand using adapters - i'm a 510 guy.

i use an adapter on my VP PT, and i can deal with it at home, but no way on the go. i just don't like them at all.

I don't like the small adapters either... so I use one of these: http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/Ecig-All-In-One-801-To-510-Adapter-All-In-One-801-To-510-Adapter.htm;jsessionid=2268BE7DB8829EC6DA7E520C4E063F3C.qscstrfrnt06

I don't mind these ... easier to work with for me.

I just ordered a Buzz. It said I could get it with a 801 connection....

then I will just use one of these longer adapters to go to 510.

Edited by DAYVAPE

I don't like the small adapters either... so I use one of these: http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/Ecig-All-In-One-801-To-510-Adapter-All-In-One-801-To-510-Adapter.htm;jsessionid=2268BE7DB8829EC6DA7E520C4E063F3C.qscstrfrnt06

I don't mind these ... easier to work with for me.

I just ordered a Buzz. It said I could get it with a 801 connection....

then I will just use one of these longer adapters to go to 510.

Why don't you like small adapters? I bought my Buzz with a 801 connection too and I use a small 801 to 510 adapter that I had from my VP2.

http://www.vaprlife.com/adapter.html

the floating center pin pushes the center of the atty in, the additional double connection is more place for juice to get into, if you drop it is will bend at the weakest point (the adapter)... not to mention the added length (it adds up). i can go on and on. i just don't like them.

plus...at least on my VP PT, if it is fully seated on the connection, the atty wont screw down fully, or vise versa (if i screw it on the atty first, it won't fully seat on the PT's connection). fine at home, but not for on the go.

i have an adapter from Vaprlife on my VP PT, so it's the same one you have.

I agree Stirfry. My only real reason for using the longer ones is that if I ever spring a leak I can catch it when it's still on my adapter... before it's all over the device. The length doesn't really bother me I guess... I have had problems with making connections with other little adapters though. I don't know... to each his own I suppose. All I really know is that I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY BUZZARD!! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE