Memorial Day Weekend!

Man, is this year flying by or what? Here it is, another Memorial Day Weekend observed! Open the pool, grab the beer, and fire up the BBQ!

Anyone have anything good going on this weekend?

I think the family and I are heading to Frankenmuth this weekend. They're having hot air balloons, dog shows/competitions, fireworks... should be fun.

Ya this year is flying by!

No plans this weekend. Sad to say, I have to work on the honey do list this weekend!

I think this list is rigged! It never gets any smaller!!!sweat.gif

However, I am sure we will have some friends over this weekend!

Aside from working this weekend ( I am a cook and the resturant makes lots o' money this week-end) I will be going out and about Memorial day morning to place the flags along the center of town and to the four local cemetaries placing flags on the Veteran's graves and doing a small Memorial Services ( After all it is what the American Legion does on Memorial Day)

So fire up those BBQ's, Swim in those newly opened pools and have a wonderful safe and fun weekend everyone. If you want to you could thank a veteran, I am sure they would appreciate it.

Aside from working this weekend ( I am a cook and the resturant makes lots o' money this week-end) I will be going out and about Memorial day morning to place the flags along the center of town and to the four local cemetaries placing flags on the Veteran's graves and doing a small Memorial Services ( After all it is what the American Legion does on Memorial Day)

So fire up those BBQ's, Swim in those newly opened pools and have a wonderful safe and fun weekend everyone. If you want to you could thank a veteran, I am sure they would appreciate it.

I thank every one I see if I get a chance to. thumbsup.gif

I will be taking the kids out for a boat ride Saturday and hopefully I will also be able to unleash my Honda cr250 later that day. Sunday is a cookout at my house. Monday, probably more food and drinks and mabey more dirtbike riding.

Big weekend here! My sister just got in, niece gets in at midnight. Tomorrow morning it's breakfast at the local diner, followed by a great cordite outing -- that is, throwing mass amounts of lead downrange. Then it'll be nap time until we take over the tattoo shop late afternoon. We're all getting tattoos; it'll be my wife's first and I really like what she's getting. This is also our 16th anniversary, which if you knew us you would call a freakin miracle. ;) Then it'll be BBQ on the deck, and I have already stashed the microbrews recommended for my own amusement. :D Probably Sunday will be a little low key, at least compared to that...

Most of our passed loved ones 'reside' in other cities but they will be remembered.

Edited by ddavelarsen

Congratz on the anniversary! Man, sounds like quite the weekend, got room for a few more? LoL! Be safe and have fun man! :)

This is also our 16th anniversary, which if you knew us you would call a freakin miracle. ;)

Congrats!!!! Ahhh you yungins, me and the missus are going on 26 years. Pretty much voted most likely to split but they are all falling by the wayside trying to figure out how we did it. But enough about us, congrats again!!

Congratz on the anniversary! Man, sounds like quite the weekend, got room for a few more? LoL! Be safe and have fun man! :)

You bet Mr Big Jim -- it ain't a party without a few more! C'mon over, we'll make it a weekend for the books. :D

Happy Anniversary to Mr. & Mrs. Larsen!!

You do plan on taking pics of all the new tats and putting them on here, right? :D

Oh, you can bet on that! It was my brother's idea for a siblings bonding thing, but when my wife got wind of it we all jumped in the pool together. There will be pictures, and I'll be sure to post pics of the finished products. Today my sister and Jeanie decided to get the same tat, they're both going to wear the one Jeanie had picked out. You're gonna dig it. ;)

Congrats!!!! Ahhh you yungins, me and the missus are going on 26 years. Pretty much voted most likely to split but they are all falling by the wayside trying to figure out how we did it. But enough about us, congrats again!!

Congratulations to you Mr FTJoe! 26 years is something to crow about, and I do understand that. For us, it's not that we're so young, but that it took us a while to 'get it right.' If you catch my drift. :) And even at that, it's been a bit iffy more than a few times. Whoo! What a ride.

@FTJoe - My husband and I are going on 26 years, too. His family took bets on how long we'd last. I guess 6 months was about the top bet. Nice, huh?

@Dave - We're going to hold you to the promise of the pics.

Congrats to everyone for their long relationships, I'm still looking for the 'one' :)

And there probably only is 'one' in that respect. But I wouldn't pass on any 'twos' in the interim! :D I hope you have a great holiday.

My wife and I will celebrate 14 years in August! We had a rocky spell a while back and I was wondering if we were gonna make it. But we put our trust in God and we are so much closer now! It's almost like we are newly weds again! I am so thankful to have such a great woman!

OK Back on topic!!!!!!!!

I just bought a whole Boston Butt and 2 whole slabs of ribs!!! Gonna give them a good 12+ hr smoke on my New Braunfels wood smoker Starting first thing in the morning!!!....YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been married 30 years....of course it took two wives to get there. :rolleyes:

Can relate. Wifey and I are both on third marriages. Do it till ya get it right, I guess.

One of the best things about vaping is knowing I'm no longer subjecting my honey to the downsides of smoking. She was very understanding, bless her heart, and didn't give me too much grief about my nasty habit. But was she ever pleased to see me finally quit tobacco! She enjoys the aromas of my vaping now, no more hiding in the garage.

As for Memorial weekend, it's a working weekend for me too. Got a gig with my duo tonight and a solo guitar engagement for Sunday afternoon. No rest for the wicked.

We played golf this morning, nothing tests a marriage like golf. Not so sure (once again) we came out the better for it. But you have to understand, as my friend said who we were playing with..."you just keep pushing the buttons, don't you?".

If I figured right, it's gonna take 12 hrs to "smoke my butt and ribs" Soooo I gotta get up EARLY in the am to start the fire and prepare the meat for cooking if we wanna eat before 8 or 9 tomorrow night!!!!! ohmy.gif

We played golf this morning, nothing tests a marriage like golf. Not so sure (once again) we came out the better for it. But you have to understand, as my friend said who we were playing with..."you just keep pushing the buttons, don't you?".

FTJoe? Pushing buttons? Tell me it isn't true! LOL!

I dig all you folks' stories about your marriages. Jeanie and I are both fourth-timers too, and it's been dicey a few times. But when you're with the only person who can truly take your crap, you need to hang in there. :)

Not that the grass doesn't often look greener... Maybe getting old has made me 'safe.' :D

We've had a fantastic weekend so far, and it's still rolling. BBQ this afternoon and microbrew for desert. Umm!

Edited by ddavelarsen