Trying Cartomizers

Hven't had any long enough to try cleaning them but I'll try later. I have found I do get better luck with the condom fill method. It works even better than a syringe. Now Im really starting to enjoy these things.

Edited by Kragax

I wanted to know if anyone has tried cleaning and reusing older cartos. After a month on my first 5 I got 10 more in and boxed up the old ones. Since I wasn't going to use them anymore and there was a ton of old juice in em I thought I would try and clean them. Soaked them in alcohol over night and used a syringe to rinse the alcohol through a few times. After letting them dry and blowing them out refilled them and what do you know they work like new again! Anyone else had such luck?

I haven't tried it, but I have heard that it works well with everclear.

I have used two of the five I got ,not too impressed .They hold way more liquid than what I got back out in vapor compared to 901 or 801 carts .I think the vapor production was about the same.I didn't see where the liquid tasted any better.I suppose if you load one up with high octane and only hit it once in a while it might work ,but I use no nic and vape a lot so I had to contantly refill almost as much as carts.It kind of bothered me to throw away an atty that still could make vapor but the filler was shot.If you like them enjoy ,as for me I am going back to carts.I got the ones with the white rubber plugs in them .

OK, I can see how a 510 cartomizer will last a very long time on a 3.7 volt device. I just filled one up to saturation and put it on my VP2. Vapor production is like any standard atomizer, but flavor is not as great as if it was on a 6 volt device. I keep looking at the filling, and noticed that it's not being used up as fast. So, low voltage lasts a long time, 6volts is used up quickly, so I wonder how it will work on a regulated 5volt device. Those of you out there with a Joker, or similar true 5v device please let me know how it works for you!

I have the same opinion as mcquinn on this one. They work good for road trips when I can't drip, but I just haven't been that impressed with them. And it might be for the same reason - really low or 0 nic and vaping a whole lot.

I used a carto on the Joker all day yesterday and it's fantastic. Previously I had thought of the carto for use only "on the go", but now I'm reconsidering. At 5V I'm getting a really good TH and great flavor. I didn't keep track of how long it lasted, but I'd say it was around 4 hours between refills.

Perhaps at higher voltage you can vaporise more of the liquid out of a carto @ 3.7 I think a lot of liquid was wasted that was farther away from the element.I have a feeling if there is vaping after "Big Brother" gets done with us preloaded cartos will be the only thing we will be able to buy as far as nic goes.That is the only way they will be able to control it and tax it.

well, tried a 3rd carto from the pack a few days ago and it was like something in between the 1st and the 2nd one I tried.

hit slightly better, not as airy like the first and slightly better TH, but not the LR like tight hits like the 2nd.

I keep hearing about LR version cartos out on the market... would like to try these.

perhaps one of these slipped into my pack...

so far, I'm kind of meh on cartos.

2nd one kicked booty. wish all of them were like that.

still got couple packs of these to go through. we'll see how they pan out.

so far, other then the convenience in long trips, :thumbsdown:

Edited by Mainspring

Where have you gotten yours Mainspring? I'm pretty sure all mine so far have come from ENS, and they've been very consistent. I got one a couple days ago with too tight a draw, but that's the only one out of 20 so far that I've had any issues with, and it works fine other than that. I would tend to say that these are strictly a HV option though; I tried one at 3.7 and I was totally 'meh' about that too.

Where have you gotten yours Mainspring? I'm pretty sure all mine so far have come from ENS, and they've been very consistent. I got one a couple days ago with too tight a draw, but that's the only one out of 20 so far that I've had any issues with, and it works fine other than that. I would tend to say that these are strictly a HV option though; I tried one at 3.7 and I was totally 'meh' about that too.

I think my problem is that I'm using it on 3.7v unit as you said. (granted I had one that worked really well at 3.7)

should be getting the VP-PT soon so I'll try it with that and see how it goes.

as of right now, strictly for convenience when traveling.

I got my cartos from ENS and VT store.

Edited by Mainspring

I used a carto on the Joker all day yesterday and it's fantastic. Previously I had thought of the carto for use only "on the go", but now I'm reconsidering. At 5V I'm getting a really good TH and great flavor. I didn't keep track of how long it lasted, but I'd say it was around 4 hours between refills.

As the Joker is 5.0 under a standard atty load, It would have to be less under a carto, which measures out to me at 3.3Ω

With that being said, I strapped a carto with VT Mentha on a 6V device (same as Joker :)) and WHOAH!!!!

Since I did that, air smells fresher, water tastes better and I even hugged my mother in law.

Life is better with a Carto on HV

Edited by Burn

As the Joker is 5.0 under a standard atty load, It would have to be less under a carto, which measures out to me at 3.3Ω

With that being said, I strapped a carto with VT Mentha on a 6V device (same as Joker :)) and WHOAH!!!!

Since I did that, air smells fresher, water tastes better and I even hugged my mother in law.

Life is better with a Carto on HV

I agree with that. Just be sure to keep it wet because once you taste burning filler, there's no fixing it.

I think my problem is that I'm using it on 3.7v unit as you said. (granted I had one that worked really well at 3.7)

should be getting the VP-PT soon so I'll try it with that and see how it goes.

as of right now, strictly for convenience when traveling.

I got my cartos from ENS and VT store.

You got em from the right places then, I'd say your life will change for the better when you go VP PT. :) But then I think you're gonna want to motivate around with that carto, so then you'll either be looking for a HV batt unit or a portable power source for the PT. :D There's no shortage of things we need! Good luck Mainspring, and vape on!

Does anyone else feel like you have to "give it a rest" quite often @ 5 volts for more juice to collect around the element? Or is this just me? It seems like I can only take around 5 or 6 good toots and it starts getting that slightly fiberous filling taste? I dunno... I still find myself dripping and topping off to keep them nice and wet. Am I going at this all wrong?

Yes, I'm experiencing the same thing. At 6 volts, well 5.something with the tenergies according to the latest buzz, the cartos that I fill up vaporize so quickly that I have to wait a while after about 3 or 4 vapes until the juice evens out I guess. I suppose there's still some getting used to it. When you've been dripping for so long, you gain an affinity with your atomizer and know when it needs more juice or how far you can take ot without flooding. I can't "bond" with my cartos, yet.

Nope; same here. I carry five or six cartos with me when I go to work, and if one starts getting dry I switch it out for a different flavor. Going between a couple cartos during the day helps immensely.

I tried the 510 cartos on standard 510 batts(150mah) and they were weak.Then put them on KR batts(280mah) with a adapter and they last alot longer than KR carts and have similar vapor.The higher power batts work much better with the 510 cartos i need a Ego or something to try a really high Mah battery to see the difference.

My KR cartos the standard ones are not as good as the premium ones for overall performance and I have some new higher capacity ones havent tried yet.

I got my 510 cartos from Vapor Kings the hard body with rubber caps.

I get all my KR/stuff cartos and all my E-liquid from V4L.Their Juice is $12.50 for 30ml.

I also have their 5volt pass thru and the KR cartos come alive with this thing.

Soon I am going to get a Ego kit and try this out with everything.

I think with DDave's tip I may try to use one carto to much and need two to three in service at a time.I top mine off when I can as I go by dripping into the battery end 3-5 drops and clean the center post before putting back toghether.Or filling through the top cap if it gets too low.

I tried the 510 cartos on standard 510 batts(150mah) and they were weak.Then put them on KR batts(280mah) with a adapter and they last alot longer than KR carts and have similar vapor.The higher power batts work much better with the 510 cartos i need a Ego or something to try a really high Mah battery to see the difference.

My KR cartos the standard ones are not as good as the premium ones for overall performance and I have some new higher capacity ones havent tried yet.

I got my 510 cartos from Vapor Kings the hard body with rubber caps.

I get all my KR/stuff cartos and all my E-liquid from V4L.Their Juice is $12.50 for 30ml.

I also have their 5volt pass thru and the KR cartos come alive with this thing.

Soon I am going to get a Ego kit and try this out with everything.

I think with DDave's tip I may try to use one carto to much and need two to three in service at a time.I top mine off when I can as I go by dripping into the battery end 3-5 drops and clean the center post before putting back toghether.Or filling through the top cap if it gets too low.

The problem with using the eGo is that it's just 3.7 volts... therefore not "vaporizing" all the juice as well as using a 5v device, imho. But, my Tornado/eGo is great for EVERYTHING else I need, that's for sure. Can't wait to try my 1000 mah battery that's on the way. I'm using a carto right now on my VPPT and it works good, etc. I still don't find that it lasts THAT long though. I will say this though... flavor is alot better with cartos! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE