Trying Cartomizers

I just got some empty cartomizers from Wordup. (They are fast) and Im waiting to load one up later and give them a try. I going to try to fill it with a syringe and see what happens. I gather there is another way using the rubber cap that comes on it, but Im not sure. Im armed with juice, a syringe, Gel super glue, (for the one air hole) and certain amount of excitement. I'll keep y'all posted.

...........weird science

Edited by Kragax

Yes, you can use the rubber cap to fill it. That's how I fill mine. Works great.

Here's the thread where they talked about how to fill a carto this way...

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/topic/4870-510-cartomizers/page__st__64__p__47431__hl__condom__fromsearch__1&#entry47431

Good luck!

So Far So Good, I like them. They are a bit "airy" but I don't really mind that. Good throat hit, good flavor, lotsa vapor. Ill be interested to see how long they last. Ordering more in the morning.

So Far So Good, I like them. They are a bit "airy" but I don't really mind that. Good throat hit, good flavor, lotsa vapor. Ill be interested to see how long they last. Ordering more in the morning.

Yes, they are a bit airy. I use the cartos that have a pop off cap for easy refilling. No condoms or needles required.

Yes, they are a bit airy. I use the cartos that have a pop off cap for easy refilling. No condoms or needles required.

yeah so do, vapor4lifes premium cartomizers and new wow line have soft cap cartomizers, its a breeze to get them off and refill, then u just pop in right back in. no glue or anything eneeded.

Guess I'm on the out side again! I prefer the condom method for filling just because its so much faster. It can be messy though. Needles just don't work for me because I use a lot of VG (high voltage) in my mixes. Dripping does work very well if you're patient and have all the time in the world. :)

Glad you like them Kragax, we're in the same boat. I haven't used anything else since I tried the first one. I suppose at 3.7V I'd be using LR 510s, but for 6V cartos are the bomb.

My concern at this point is how long they work. And how long they last between refills. One thing I like is I can change flavor just by changing cartos . No cleaning, priming ect. I had one that was a really hard draw, I damaged it trying to fill it with out poping the cap (oh well). I came to work today with two differnt flavor cartos and a bottle of juice, just in case. I ordered some more this morning as well. Looking at a possible ban in NY, they are a viable stock up part. I just recieved 125mil of nic and will continue to build a two year stash. Ill be looking for a volume buy on cartos next month. After that I can start working on my own recipes again that I have been negelecting. LOL Thanks to all for their great advice.......I love this place.

I got the soft tops in yesterday.

I pop the top and fill, roll it a bit, and let it sit.

I've only had it for short time so I'm not all that experienced with it yet but so far I'm not digging it too much.

lasts a while, longer then regular cart fill, has good vapor production, but it's too airy and I'm getting no throat hit.

and no, it's not the liquid I'm using.

I'm gonna test it for a bit and see if it improves. maybe it's just the one I'm testing on... will try another carto from the batch.

I also have some hard tops coming so will see...

My concern at this point is how long they work. And how long they last between refills. One thing I like is I can change flavor just by changing cartos . No cleaning, priming ect. I had one that was a really hard draw, I damaged it trying to fill it with out poping the cap (oh well). I came to work today with two differnt flavor cartos and a bottle of juice, just in case. I ordered some more this morning as well. Looking at a possible ban in NY, they are a viable stock up part. I just recieved 125mil of nic and will continue to build a two year stash. Ill be looking for a volume buy on cartos next month. After that I can start working on my own recipes again that I have been negelecting. LOL Thanks to all for their great advice.......I love this place.

I started using cartos last month. My first 5 lasted me all month. 30 days exactly. When my next ten got in I stopped using the old ones but I probably still could. After a while some juice starts collecting in the filler. I made sure when that started happening to vape more before filling again. I wait until the filler is pretty much white again to make sure I get most of the old juice out of there. There is some slight vapor drop after a couple days but it stays steady after that. That was my test month and I decided if they lasted me 30 days it would be worth while. They did so I'm a happy camper. Tried a regular atty (knockoff) and it was absurd how little flavor I was getting from it. Cartos at 5v can't be beat imo. good luck

Cartos are on my list of things to buy. Just spent a fortune in Arizona while visiting my sister. My sister loves to shop !! and for some reason I am the one that ends up spending money.

Anyway--How often to they have to be refilled???

lasts a while, longer then regular cart fill, has good vapor production, but it's too airy and I'm getting no throat hit.

and no, it's not the liquid I'm using.

I don't get much TH either, which is why I only use them when driving or out fihsing. I haven't used one much on 5v or 6v yet, but probably will sooner or later.

Well, I get great TH from 6V. I wonder if like other attys carto performance depends on mfr? And how could one tell which is which? Anyway, I'm sold. I'm sure not getting a month's life out of them though; more like a week of vaping.

Mainspring, it sounds to me as if you're not getting them full. I use the condom method for filling and get about 1.5 ml per fill, maybe a bit more. I've noticed too that I don't get much action unless I've let them sit overnight - or at least a couple of hours - after filling.

Edit: kitsune, I usually get nearly a full day's vaping out of one fill. Sometimes I switch off flavors though, and I've noticed that if a half-filled carto is left to sit too long it might not fill completely the next try. But it will vape off if you continue hitting it later. I think. Still in the experimental stage a bit.

Edited by ddavelarsen

Mainspring, it sounds to me as if you're not getting them full. I use the condom method for filling and get about 1.5 ml per fill, maybe a bit more. I've noticed too that I don't get much action unless I've let them sit overnight - or at least a couple of hours - after filling.

Thanks for the tip Dave. :thumbup:

well, I guess in my case it was just a case of bad carto.

I whipped out another one, filled it and had it sitting for sometime due to work.

wouldn't you know it... it rocked!

I took my 510 with me to work with the old and new carto and damn... it was like puffing on my ego with LR atty with the new carto. couldn't believe the difference... night and day.

I'm wondering how my box of cartos will play out. which trend it will fall under.

if rest of em works out like the new one I used last night, I'm sold... forever... never going back to regular carts... ever. :lol:

starting to believe the hype.

doesn't last me all day though. but then, when I get a break to vape, I vape constant the entire break.

pack two of these, long as they work as it should, I'm golden.

Excellent man! I'm glad it worked for you. I'm a total believer. I tried a LR 510 today at 3.7V and it just did not cut the mustard anymore. I think I know what I'm gonna be vaping until the next super-revolution occurs. :)

I know there's been so many threads of Cartomizers, and I just got some in today and tried it for the first time.

I've been filling them from the top, remove the white rubber cap and fill them up slowly....Is the condom method better? it seems like they run out fast at 6 Volts, by fast, i mean they last longer than direct dripping, i just though they would last even longer.......maybe the liquid is not getting all that way down into the bottom.

I know there's been so many threads of Cartomizers, and I just got some in today and tried it for the first time.

I've been filling them from the top, remove the white rubber cap and fill them up slowly....Is the condom method better? it seems like they run out fast at 6 Volts, by fast, i mean they last longer than direct dripping, i just though they would last even longer.......maybe the liquid is not getting all that way down into the bottom.

I prefer to drip fill because I can see when there's enough juice in it. I have found some inconsistencies in how much filler material is in each carto. Some cartos I get 40 drops easily, but I've had a few that would only hold 30. I think FTJoe was the first one to notice this.

I haven't used a carto at 6V yet, so I'll wait for ddave to answer that. However, I suspect that at 6v you vaporize the juice faster than it can wick to the atty. Seems like you'd get a few good hits and then have to wait for it to wick. I will be using a carto on the Joker when it gets here.

Howdy! :)

I use the condom method for filling cartos because it's faster and messier. Well, the 'messier' is not really a plus, but it is interactive. I find I can get about 1.5 ml in one fill, which lines up about right with Brian's 40 drops. For me though, a filled carto can last pretty much all through the work day, about 10 hrs. I don't vape as much as I used to, I guess because at 6V I get a satisfying enough hit that I'm not going after it non-stop, but I can say that when I'm hitting it harder, it does tend not to wick as fast as I'd like. By then though, I can get away with setting it down for a while. I think cartos are happier when they're fullest. It sounds to me Tek, like you might not be getting them full. If dripping, it should look pretty soaked when you stop filling it.

I use Brian's condom filling method, which is to push liquid in until it squeezes out the top a bit then shake it down like a thermometer and go again. This is a good practice, the shaking down thing, and really helps to top it off. I'm not as concerned about seeing when It's full, as not being able to get anymore in is a decent suggestion of fullness in my book. :) Older cartos do seem to begin to lose volume after a while. I usually get 4 to 5 refills on one before its performance or flavor drops off. Then I just toss em.

Hope this helps. Please ask any questions for clarification, as I just woke up and not exactly the sharpest tack in the box right now.

Yes - like Dave said, when you drip into it, once it starts to pool on top of the filler, shake it down like an old thermometer and drip some more. Another tip, before putting it on your battery, gently blow through it into a napkin got get any juice out of that center tube.

I tend to use the condom fill method on the first fill of an empty carto. After the first fill I switch to dripping in the end because there is alot of residual juice left in there and condom filling has too much juice when there is still juice in the carto.

I wanted to know if anyone has tried cleaning and reusing older cartos. After a month on my first 5 I got 10 more in and boxed up the old ones. Since I wasn't going to use them anymore and there was a ton of old juice in em I thought I would try and clean them. Soaked them in alcohol over night and used a syringe to rinse the alcohol through a few times. After letting them dry and blowing them out refilled them and what do you know they work like new again! Anyone else had such luck?