Tornado Or Wicked Screwdriver?

cr2coolv7

So I am ordering a new pv tonight. I planned on wickeds tornado but I saw the screwdriver mk2 was on sale for about the same price. I want something fairly easy to care for and I plan on dripping. Anyone owned both? I am leaning towards the tornado because it comes with gear to run two e cigs. I also heard the screwdriver is a beast. It is the mk2 version. I want a full days battery life without going to my charger. Does the screwdriver charger only charge one put of two batteries at a time? Haha I can't figure it out. Sorry. I am super n00b. I also want a good throat hit. I want good vapor as well. Well now you know the dilemma. Any and all advice would be fantastic. I have read and watched some things on both units. Vapor talk is a blessing. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Hello...really cant say about the screwdriver because I haven't tried it but I do have the Ego/Tornado and I can tell you it's a great little unit. Very good battery life ( and I vape alot) and very easy to use. Match it up with a low resistance atty and you have one really great device. Just add a drip tip and you're good all day.

Don't know if this helps any but I'm sure others will be along to give you some more input.

Good luck and happy vaping.

I bought an eGo (Janty's Tornado) three weeks ago and haven't even thought of looking into anything else (with the exception of a pass-through for emergency sake). Like Snubber said, battery's good all day long! I plug it in at bed time and suck on that baby all day long with no problems.

Good luck and Happy Vaping! ;)

I bought an eGo (Janty's Tornado) three weeks ago and haven't even thought of looking into anything else (with the exception of a pass-through for emergency sake). Like Snubber said, battery's good all day long! I plug it in at bed time and suck on that baby all day long with no problems.

Good luck and Happy Vaping! ;)

I purchased a Tornado about a month ago and am VERY pleased with it myself. Like you say it is essentialy two E-gigs minus the screw on sleeve that just covers the connecting points between the battery/atomizer/cartrige. I get good battery life and have one on charge while using the other which I switch out at night before turning in.

If you ended up ordering the Tornado,I don't think that you will be dissapointed. :D

Well...I am now the proud owner of a brand spankin' new Totally Wicked Tornado in black. Maybe ill get a screwdriver one day but here in a few days I should recieve a package containing my new tornado and 30ml of their decadent vapours very vanilla. And to think I have only been vaping for five days. I am sold. Analog free for three days. That's about two packs avoided. Well worth it. Thanks for all the fantastic advice.

Congratulations!! :animier:

Be sure and let us know what you think when you get it. I'm very confident that you'll love it, but would still like to hear what you think. I'd like to know what you think of the juice, too. I haven't tried those yet, but have been thinking about it.

Edited by nana

May I be the fly in the ointment? Of course I may, particularly since it's now moot, eh? :) If my potential buddy ProfBeard were here he'd be saying Screwdriver to the rooftops. It's a solid, dependable, proven device. I will admit the eGo is sweet too, and you're going to like it cr2. Particularly if you ordered some LR 510s to go with it.

But it's true that there are no Screwdriver users that I know of in this forum, which kind of skewed the recommendations in one direction. It's enough to make me wish I had gotten the payoff on that lottery ticket last week! But alas; a wasted dollar like they all are, and no Screwdriver for me.

Well I am not counting out the screwdriver just yet. I may get one later on as a dedicated home device. I really like the the 510 adapter. One day...sigh...

May I be the fly in the ointment? Of course I may, particularly since it's now moot, eh? :) If my potential buddy ProfBeard were here he'd be saying Screwdriver to the rooftops. It's a solid, dependable, proven device. I will admit the eGo is sweet too, and you're going to like it cr2. Particularly if you ordered some LR 510s to go with it.

But it's true that there are no Screwdriver users that I know of in this forum, which kind of skewed the recommendations in one direction. It's enough to make me wish I had gotten the payoff on that lottery ticket last week! But alas; a wasted dollar like they all are, and no Screwdriver for me.

Yep - I'd say Screwdriver :) BUT I'd say get a trog original from here:

http://www.cavecom.com/screwdriver/shop/shopindex.htm

and read these:

http://vapersplace.com/groups/prof-beards-blog-group/forum/topic/screwdrivers-mk-1-and-mk-2-my-impressions/

http://vapersplace.com/groups/prof-beards-blog-group/forum/topic/recent-changes-to-the-screwdriver-mk1/

I say TW's Tornado... especially since they came out with the 1000mah battery! Got mine ordered today! Hellz yeah!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So I have had my tornado for about one week and I am very very happy. It's a nice solid piece. It looks great in black with Chrome accents. I have been vaping the very vanilla decadent range from tw as well. It's only okay. It tasted better on my friends relatively weak fifty one trio gimmick unit. Tastes a little burnt on the regular 510 atty. But the tornado is awesome. I've been getting close to 48 hours battery life. Sleep included haha. But I change batteries once every two days about. Really satisfied. Those 1000mah batteries will come in handy for backpacking so ill snag some up soon. Couldnt be happier. But not sure about very vanilla. Shipping was four days. Awesome. Thanks to everyone who replied. I know a lot of people might be on the fence but the tornego is the way to go.

• 6 months later...

hmmm ik was wondering this too, i own a ego, but have suffered 3 battery losses in a month, thinking about the screwdriver cause i like using the LR attys and it has the replaceable batterys for cheaper, not $25. i love my ego, just dont want to buy a battery every week...

Kingbtheone, you shouldn't need to buy batteries every week. I'd contact my supplier to see what's up with them. Most suppliers offer some kind of warranty on them, if I'm not mistaken. At any rate, it doesn't hurt to ask.

• 1 month later...

I purchased a Tornado about a month ago and am VERY pleased with it myself. Like you say it is essentialy two E-gigs minus the screw on sleeve that just covers the connecting points between the battery/atomizer/cartrige. I get good battery life and have one on charge while using the other which I switch out at night before turning in.

If you ended up ordering the Tornado,I don't think that you will be dissapointed. :D

My tornado is being shipped out on Monday. I am looking forward to it =)

Hello...really cant say about the screwdriver because I haven't tried it but I do have the Ego/Tornado and I can tell you it's a great little unit. Very good battery life ( and I vape alot) and very easy to use. Match it up with a low resistance atty and you have one really great device. Just add a drip tip and you're good all day.

Don't know if this helps any but I'm sure others will be along to give you some more input.

Good luck and happy vaping.

my Ego/Tornado will be shipped tomorrow they said...cant wait for it..what is a low resistance atty?

Well...I am now the proud owner of a brand spankin' new Totally Wicked Tornado in black. Maybe ill get a screwdriver one day but here in a few days I should recieve a package containing my new tornado and 30ml of their decadent vapours very vanilla. And to think I have only been vaping for five days. I am sold. Analog free for three days. That's about two packs avoided. Well worth it. Thanks for all the fantastic advice.

awesome..keep up the great job !!! cant wait til mine gets here..has been 3 weeks for me since I had a smoke