California Congressman Mcclintock

I had to try and capture the one comment...

"In every society, in every part of the world, in every period of history there is always a large group of people who simply want to be left alone to live their lives according to their best judgment, and there's always a smaller more domineering group that believe they are so good at running their own lives, they are just naturally entitled to run every one else's as well.

Fantastic...

Jefferson's quote very apt as well. A balance must be found.

"...a wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government."

Edited by FTJoe

FTJoe, you've done it again, taken the words right out of my mouth. If we had more legislators like this man we would have America again. Thanks Chris for the very uplifting moment. (For all the difference it made is what govt does.) Here's an incumbent I would never feel compelled to vote out of office.

Very well said. We need more officials like this. I could vote for him.

Finally someone who at least sounds like he wants to help the people.

Tks Chris

Looked him up,life long politician never had a real job,ultra consertive republician

unable to think without the Gop's ok. Most likley collected a big wad of cash and a copy of that speech from a big tobacco CEO.

Looked him up,life long politician never had a real job,ultra consertive republician

unable to think without the Gop's ok. Most likley collected a big wad of cash and a copy of that speech from a big tobacco CEO.

Christopher did warn...point is the words. If some tobacco exec actually wrote them, I'd be amazed, and I would thank him. Very powerful words. Also there was attribution to Jefferson's words, which were Jefferson's words.

Not even sure where you are going with this, most politicians never had a real job. Shame, but that's how it is. Those words I think might become a sig line for me. They resonate.

"For every pleasure in life there is a corresponding risk. With enough taxes and laws and restrictions and regulations and penalties and lectures, government can produce a virtually risk free society……….But it will also be the most colorless, pleasureless, tedious, and miserable societies conceived by the mind of man."

Are we there yet?

Honestly, I love this guy. It brings a tear to the eye to see a Politician who actually does work for the people.

Christopher did warn...point is the words. If some tobacco exec actually wrote them, I'd be amazed, and I would thank him. Very powerful words. Also there was attribution to Jefferson's words, which were Jefferson's words.

Not even sure where you are going with this, most politicians never had a real job. Shame, but that's how it is. Those words I think might become a sig line for me. They resonate.

The speech was great, and I agree with everthing he said in it. I love Thomas Jefferson, he was one of the greatest thinkers of all time. I was suggesting to those who said they would vote for the senator on the merit of one speech to check him out.

I believe educated voters are what a politician fears the most.