America: Get Ready For Ge Animals And Fish

I'm not sure how many of you follow the Genetic Modification industry but it really pisses me off. (It would take far to long to explain the whole deal) Anyway I read this blog today, they are now going to genetically engineer animals. For example feather free chickens. All approved by the idiots at the FDA.

Seriously people, buy organic. I don't want to teach my daughter some day that a chicken-cow goes "moocluck"

http://www.undoge.org/?p=123

Oh and one more thing, don't you think it's sad we have to pay extra for Organic, we actually have to pay EXTRA for food to be grown the way it should be. I mean really?

These 2 sentances from that blog are so true.

"The FDA is known to be controlled by the industry. They are acting in the interest of business profits at the expense of our environment, biodiversity, and human health and safety. "

I started a home garden this year very much for that reason. Can't raise any chickens or anything for protein (not that I could slaughter my own food even if I could have them in my neighborhood, I'm a softy like that) but I've contemplated a Tilapia tank along with some aquaponic gardening. So far starting out with Tomatoes, Peppers, Garlic, Onions, etc., you know the easy stuff. Have a couple Rasberry bushes started and planted a couple Satsuma (Mandarin Orange) trees in the back yard as well. I'm definitely no where close to being able to be self sufficient, but over the next 5 or so years I'd like to see just how close I can get. Support local food sources as much as possible people, not only do you get fresher, better tasting food but you help the environment by not requiring it to be trucked / flown in burning fossil fuels and such.

It's disgusting. My father is an avid gardener and his veggies taste sooo much better than the GM/hothouse stuff from the local grocery. Lucky for me, he's willing to share.

Go figure...they are willing to bio-screw with our food supply and yet they want to ban something they know so little about that is helping to save lives all for big business.

"F"rickin "D"umb "A"sses

Edited by snubber

Last night I watched Food, Inc. About 15 minutes into the film, I wasn't sure I was going to get through it. It was the scenes of the chicken plants. After that was over it was smooth sailing.

It was shocking how much corn is used in food processing. In the last few months I have met a handful of people that were allergic to corn and it doesn't include just eating it off the cob. They are allergic to all forms of processed corn used in foods.

There were so many things that were just wrong. I am seriously going to re-think what I buy and what I am eating. It scared me so bad, that it made me want to stop eating all together.