Jantys, Jokers, And Titans? Oh My!

Sententia

i have seen all kinds of ads about these e-cigs and was somewhat interested but the prices turn me off completely. if i can get an original 510 starter kit for $50 why would i pay $150 for one of these?

http://www.asmartsmoke.com/ being one of them. i dont see the difference between these and my 510 or 901 or any other model they are imitating, and i imagine these pieces would fit and be perfectly interchangable (not taking into account voltage/amperage differences)

so what is really the difference between all these? my 510 works perfect and i have never really had a problem.

any help on this would be great

That site you linked looks like a scam to me. Their juice is $35 for 15 ml!! And, yes, their e-cigs look like any other lower priced e-cigs. Looks like their way of getting people to think they can only use "their" pieces with "their" juice... all of which are way too over priced! :thumbsdown:

I agree with thebeckster, cheapy starter kits that sell for $150 are complete scams. Unfortunately, not everyone does their research when they first start out and end up falling for them. Sad to say I was one of them lol. With enough research and experience you learn that genuine brands at cheaper prices actually have better quality.

Some suppliers will take the regular 510 or 901 and brand it with a fancy name. It will come with logos on them or maybe custom packaging. They might then mark it up and have a higher price. But when it comes down to it, a 510 is a 510. You may want to read Chris's blog about Janty and Joye. It might make things a bit more clear. Ecig Guru Blog

Looking at your title for this thread you mention the Joker. The Joker is a whole different type of ecig. Models like the Joker, Silver Bullet, Indulgence and the Chuck, (to name a few) are what we call mods. These e-cig modifications are built for longer battery life and more power. The batteries used in these will extend the time between charging. A regular 510 battery lasts a couple hours and a mod will last up to 8 hours or maybe longer before having to be re-charged.

The other purpose of these high dollar mods is the voltage. The Joker for example is a 5v mod. Other mods like the Chuck can either be 3.7 or work at 6v. This depends on the battery combination that you choose to use. The regular 510 battery performs at 3.7 volts. The higher the voltage the more power to the atomizer, which means more vapor. Most of these mods are hand made by manufacturers in the US. Except for the Indulgence, I think that is made in China.

I hope this helps, I tried to make it as simple as possible.

Some suppliers will take the regular 510 or 901 and brand it with a fancy name. It will come with logos on them or maybe custom packaging. They might then mark it up and have a higher price. But when it comes down to it, a 510 is a 510. You may want to read Chris's blog about Janty and Joye. It might make things a bit more clear. Ecig Guru Blog

Looking at your title for this thread you mention the Joker. The Joker is a whole different type of ecig. Models like the Joker, Silver Bullet, Indulgence and the Chuck, (to name a few) are what we call mods. These e-cig modifications are built for longer battery life and more power. The batteries used in these will extend the time between charging. A regular 510 battery lasts a couple hours and a mod will last up to 8 hours or maybe longer before having to be re-charged.

The other purpose of these high dollar mods is the voltage. The Joker for example is a 5v mod. Other mods like the Chuck can either be 3.7 or work at 6v. This depends on the battery combination that you choose to use. The regular 510 battery performs at 3.7 volts. The higher the voltage the more power to the atomizer, which means more vapor. Most of these mods are hand made by manufacturers in the US. Except for the Indulgence, I think that is made in China.

I hope this helps, I tried to make it as simple as possible.

ive read a bit about the battery mods like the joker, i was kind of generalizing in my post but it just seems a bit funny that these mall kiosks get away with selling extremely overpriced stuff. the guy at the mall seemed to have no idea what he was selling except that its an electronic cigarette. he did guarantee me that SmokingEverywhere's pre-filled carts were 'the real deal' and that liquids were not the stuff i was looking for. even told me that the Banana flavor had B-vitamins in it and was 'good for me'. i just kind of wondered if the sites like the one i mentioned above were either rip-offs or had an extremely unique and well-made product.

i have sworn to people that the pv is not limited to nicotine, and should move away from the term electronic cigarette because of the potential for infusing it with vitamins (like the vitamin c shirt, absorbed through the skin) but i dont think anyone is really sure if the vitamins claimed to be in some liquids even survive the flashpoint into a vapor. i saw a liquid the other day that said it had valerian root extract in it to help you get to sleep.

i have personally used a lemon oil extract with vegetable glycerin and thought it to be very tasty, similar to a lemon meringue pie. but i wouldnt promote it as a good way to get vitamin c.

The difference is getting sucked into something that will cost you way too much money. But for the less than internet savvy, it can work. Many folks coming here are just fed up with mediocre expensive e-cigs and I think are curious when they see people raving about them.

Here's a search showing what pops up first on google. They pay good money to get this. The real folks (IMO) like the suppliers listed here, are small family owned operations run by people who care about what they do, and hopefully make some money doing it.

Speaking from experience, those e-cigs in the malls are no better and in many cases worse than the ones you can find online. The real reason for the high price is that they have to pay a lot of rent to the malls for the location inside.

That mixed with the greed factor they have they need to charge a whole lot more to make their projected profit.

I'm sorry to say that if I had done my homework the first time I wouldn't have been one of those people taken by their pitch. My only pleasure is that it led me to find other choices and this great forum that has helped me so much.

ive read a bit about the battery mods like the joker, i was kind of generalizing in my post but it just seems a bit funny that these mall kiosks get away with selling extremely overpriced stuff. the guy at the mall seemed to have no idea what he was selling except that its an electronic cigarette. he did guarantee me that SmokingEverywhere's pre-filled carts were 'the real deal' and that liquids were not the stuff i was looking for. even told me that the Banana flavor had B-vitamins in it and was 'good for me'. i just kind of wondered if the sites like the one i mentioned above were either rip-offs or had an extremely unique and well-made product.

i have sworn to people that the pv is not limited to nicotine, and should move away from the term electronic cigarette because of the potential for infusing it with vitamins (like the vitamin c shirt, absorbed through the skin) but i dont think anyone is really sure if the vitamins claimed to be in some liquids even survive the flashpoint into a vapor. i saw a liquid the other day that said it had valerian root extract in it to help you get to sleep.

i have personally used a lemon oil extract with vegetable glycerin and thought it to be very tasty, similar to a lemon meringue pie. but i wouldnt promote it as a good way to get vitamin c.

I have to agree with you that the mall kiosks are really a bad place to get information and product. For the guy not knowing what he is selling is pretty bad. Especially trying to make a selling point of vitamin B being in the cartridges. I read a thread once, on another forum, about someone wanting to know if they could crush up vitamins and use them in their ecig. That question scared me a bit.

Yes, this is sad, but there are a lot of sites that sell re-branded products at a very high premium. I saw a site the other day selling the KR808D1 for $150 and it only came with two cartos. Shamefull if you ask me. Now, like Birddog said (+1 BTW), that does not apply to mods. That's a whole different ball game.

Yes, this is sad, but there are a lot of sites that sell re-branded products at a very high premium. I saw a site the other day selling the KR808D1 for $150 and it only came with two cartos. Shamefull if you ask me. Now, like Birddog said (+1 BTW), that does not apply to mods. That's a whole different ball game.

Thank you Brian. Very much appreciated. :hug: