Joker Question!

Yes it will work with an 801 atty. You can get a Joker with an 801 fitting from vaprlife.com or you can get a Joker from the VaporTalk store with a 510 fitting and just put on a 501->801 adapter.

Yes it will work with an 801 atty. You can get a Joker with an 801 fitting from vaprlife.com or you can get a Joker from the VaporTalk store with a 510 fitting and just put on a 501->801 adapter.

Thanks! I know the joker does NOT work with the low resistance atties... What about HIGH resistance?

I would assume it does. Thats being said, I don't see the reason for using a HV atty on a 5V device. Standard HV attys usually decrease the voltage by 2V. So essentially you would be vaping at 3V.

Chris,

Is that true for all 5V units, absolutely no low res atty? I thought Damulta was running a LR atty on the Phidius Woodimus and that is 5V.

I think he's using an 18560 battery. The Woodimus uses either an 18650 for 3.7v or two RCR123As for 6V.

Pretty sure a LR atty sould pop at 5V.

Not that I have tried it, but by logical reasoning you can use a LRA on a 5v(+) device and have it work to an extent. Performance and saftey would be altered at this point, possibly leading the LRA to become unstable and blow up (yes they really do pop and blow up in your face at super high temperatures). I would find it highly likely to have LRAs go unstable on a 5v(+) device for I have had stability and regulatory problems with LRAs on 3.7v devices.

My suggestion would be to not use LRAs on 5v(+) devices.

• 2 weeks later...

A 5v device divided by a 1.5ohm atty is 3.33amps of current, and 3.33amps of current multiplied by the 5v device is 16.65watts of power, that's real hot. I can't imagine your juice having really good flavor at those levels, so why bother trying it.