What To Stock Up On?

With all that has been going on with bans and the FDA, what would be the most important thing to stock up on? I am really worried about this but certainly do not have the means to stock pile everything. Thought Id get some insight before I started ordering.

My best advice is buy some high strength nicotine base you can put up in a cupboard and save it for a rainy day, and some extra atomizers.

EDIT: that is assuming you feel comfortable with handling high strength base and diluting it down to a usable level.

Edited by GDub

Agree - nic base. I decided to do it a little differetnly though. I vape 24 mg, so I ordered three 125ml bottles of 48mg PG base. That's 375ml. Mixed down to 24mg that will give me 750ml. I vape about 15ml per week, so that will last me about 50 weeks. That's for emergency - I have enough purchased juice to last me several months already. I also have a pretty good stash of attys now.

Edited by Brian

Atties are a great start, you can get them for $5 each if you buy 25 from puresmoker, you wont see the discount until you add to cart

http://www.puresmoker.com/product_p/joyeatom510.htm

A cheap box mod would be a good idea and use as a backup, it if takes regular hobby batteries, getting batteries would not be a problem. I am sure there are plenty of great places to get them but a real good price is at clouds of vapor ($30)

http://www.cloudsofvapor.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=24&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

Also, the above is useless without juice and there is not shortage of that. you will get the best value if you DIY. I do this myself and find it is very easy and rather fun, you need common sense and caution to be safe. Nothing a triple digit IQ couldn't handle :withstupid:

My freedom smokes has a good price on unflavored, you can have it mixed in pg/vg as you wish. I am now using their juice and it is every bit as good as the ultra expensive platinum ice I got from Totally Wicked.

http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/diy.html

My favorite flavors are not the cheapest but they are worth it and will last quite a while. These flavorings are made just for e-juice and are very balanced, you can adjust the strengths as you like.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/e-liquid-flavourings/decadent-vapours-10ml-flavour-2-product.html

Finally, the best advice i can provide is this:

If you DIY, you can control the nic level of the juice. Start to slowly wind yourself down. I have gone from 24MGs to 8MGs in 4 weeks and I enjoy the 8MG every bit as much as the 24 and I am less dependent on it. That in itself is a 66% saving on liquid nic.

To put this in perspective: 250ML of 100MG juice would yield 5000 drops (20 drops = 1ML) . You would need 24 drops of this for every 15 ML you made, which would yield 208 batches of e-juice a 8 MG/ML.

See e-liquid calculator for recipes:

http://www.tji-java-ide.com/e-cigarette/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=88

250 Ml of 100Mg from My freedom smokes is just under $100.00

As I am in an "easy math" mood, each 15 ML batch would cost $0.48 per batch ($.03 per ML for the most expensive ingredient, liquid nicotine).

If you went through 5ML per day, $100.00 in liquid nic would last you 624 days. Liquid nic is apparently good for 2 years so.. this would fit in with a few months to spare.

*puts abacus away*

Good Luck!

Hi sensay, I'm not saying this is for everyone, but I wanted to quit nic so started cutting down real slow. Afterwards I believe I realized with the help of speakeasy, that nic probably isn't really all that bad. But, if you can get to zero, you can keep vaping as long as you have hardware with more easily obtainable items, VG juice and flavorings. Having said that, my urge to vape went away after two weeks so in effect I've quit. I think those results are highly dependent on the type of person, type of addiction, etc. I still vape when drinking and to avoid food but I can easily stop altogether if I wanted (not just saying that).

I am going with bits and pieces of all of your answers ! :unworthy: I got a box mod, and some high nic juice so far. But when I got to thinking about, when things get bad in the vaping world mods will still be easy to make and get parts for, so next I am going to start buying up attys. When the bottom drops out I will then use what I have to go 0 nic! :)

Hi again. The more I think about this the more questions I have. I am thinking about the ecig equipment. If a ban were to take place would it be possible to sell them with a disclaimer not for use with nicotine? The little shop I use to buy my analog cigs at sold "special smoking equiptment and pipes" right out in the open. If that is legal why not ecigs?

Edited by sensay

Hi again. The more I think about this the more questions I have. I am thinking about the ecig equipment. If a ban were to take place would it be possible to sell them with a disclaimer not for use with nicotine? The little shop I use to buy my analog cigs at sold "special smoking equiptment and pipes" right out in the open. If that is legal why not ecigs?

The FDA is trying to classify the e-cig as a "drug delivery device" as such they would have regulation over it. I do think it would be fairly easy to market and sell some PV's as a "laser pointer" or some other creative description. Hmmmm what would we call the atty???

You know,the only thing that worries me about everyone "stocking up" is that by doing this you could actually "cause" the shortage !!!!! Just sayin lol

Good point Variven. We saw that happen last year during the FDA scare. Now with people stocking up, combined with the increased amount of seizures, supplier's stock may get low.

The issue here is what happens if e-cigs & e-juice is no longer allowed to be sold. The shortage will be caused by the prohibition of sales, not by us. :)

You getting it now or later if there is a ban?

I'm getting it after my wedding(May 18). I have to save money for the honeymoon(The Joker doesn't count! :thumbsup: ). I'm getting it ASAP after the wedding though. I'm going to experiment with the Iolite and other vaporizers and share my findings with VT. So far I don't like the stocking up idea. It is okay for a two year supply but I have a life long commitment to being a vaper. I don't like the abstracting nicotine ideas and making my juice because I doubt it could be purified to the level in our juices and the whole point of doing that in the first place is to work in atties that we will eventually run out of anyway. My Plan B is to get an Iolite or another vaporizer, use tobacco with no additives, and mix it with DIY nicotine free e-juice. A vaporizer is the same concept as an e-cig but you put tobacco in it. Since there is no burning and all it is doing is vaporizing the active ingredients from the tobacco it seems pointless to abstract nicotine from tobacco. It is the burning of tobacco that makes most of the carcinogenic byproducts. If you vape tobacco you are still a vaper and not a smoker. I prefer this as a Plan B for me and our community as a whole because if our PV makers started making vaporizers that can use e-juice or tobacco then if a ban happens we will still have a method to vape and won't have to go back to smoking. They are going after e-cigs and e-juice. They will have trouble taking away vaporizers because the stoner community has been using them for years and they market them "for tobacco use only". The beauty of it is we would actually be using them for tobacco use only and they couldn't have any argument against how much nicotine we are getting because it would be from tobacco. Adding our nicotine free flavored e-juice wouldn't be a problem because people do that now with their tobacco with products like Tasty Puffs. I think if our PV makers started making PVs for tobacco and e-juice then they would legally become tobacco products. They wouldn't be nothing more than electric pipes. If they took away our e-juice and e-cigs then we can give them the finger because we would still be vapers. I don't have much against tobacco other than smoking it. I will vape until the day I die and after that if I can. I don't care if the only vaporizer I find that does the trick looks like a bong with a Cheech and Chong sticker on it. I will vape! B)

Hey Schizo (hope your feelin better btw) Tell me more about the Iolite never heard of it!

I'm still sick. I worked earlier but wish I didn't. Thanks for asking though. These are the four videos I watched that made me fall in love with the idea of using a vaporizer:

HD Iolite Part 1 - Overview

HD Iolite Part 2 - E-liquid

HD Iolite Part 3 - Tobacco

HD Iolite Part 4 - Molasses

iolite-vaporizer.jpg

Edited by Schizophretard

You know,the only thing that worries me about everyone "stocking up" is that by doing this you could actually "cause" the shortage !!!!! Just sayin lol

exactly.

Obama is trying to side step the second amendment by going after bullets...

then, just on rumor alone everyone stocked up...

then all these sweet new pocket sized .380s came out - but you can't find any .380 ammo.

now, who's going to go get a new gun that you can't find ammo for?

stocking up only works if the manufacturers are helping, which they WILL NOT DO because once there is a shortage they can jack the prices up. now we know where the term "damned if you do, damned if you don't" came from... ;)