Upcoming Joker Or Xhaler

SUPERCHEF

Hey Everyone,

So I have been doing some research into the higher voltage mods and came up with two units I am torn between......The Joker and the Xhaler. They are around the same price but I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are and maybe it will help me in my purchase (Since it is a bit of money).

Any help would be great.

Thanks!!

the joker isnt out yet but i would wait for that since it run's at 5v and will have lot's of good features. I have never owned an xhaler but i don't like the way the button look's either. my 2 cent's

Hi SUPERCHEF, I owned a Xhaler and sold it 2 weeks later. It just wasn't for me. I can't comment on Joker since its not out yet. I do own the VP1, VP2 & the VP/PT, so I expect that the Joker will be as awesome as those 3 units. thumbsup.gif

Edited by jeffb

I suppose you shouldn't take my advice as we're actually selling the Joker but I can tell you this

1. Pre sale will start VERY soon. Perhaps in the next week or so.

2. The Joker will be the first protected 5 volt custom modification on the market. I'm not sure how long you've been in the game but some 5 volt units had issues blowing up due to incorrect battery usage. The Joker is protected. For example if I take a low voltage atomizer (which would overload the batteries) and place it on the Joker the Joker will shut itself down :thumbsup: Remove the atomizer and wait 10 seconds, boom your good to go. I will demonstrate this on video in the next couple of days.

3. The Joker also includes a battery "monitor" As the batteries drain the LED on the joker will change color letting you know when your no longer vaping at 5 volts.

Personally I would hold of a little longer. I've tested a lot of units in my day and this is an awesome unit. One thing to note however is that the Joker will cost quite a bit more than the XHALER but safety does cost more to implement. Sorry for the plug ;)

I wouldn't completely rule out the XHaler. There are many options with that device and if you like experimenting with different combinations of batteries and atomizers, then it could be a lot of fun, especially as a hobbyist to vaping. There's actually more ways to hold that device because of the switch location; You can actually press the button with every finger on your hand depending on the way you hold it.

I'm not intentionally downplaying the Joker, i'm sure that unit will be awesome in its own right, setting the bar high for safety features and build quality plus ease of use and little maintenance. But if you want to be able to tinker, experiment with different wattages (because each juice has its own vaping sweetspot) then the XHaler might be a good choice.

I just hope there's going to be an adequate supply of Jokers to go around, I may not financially be able to slap my money down on the EXACT day that pre-sales open, It would really bite to wait this long and there not be able to get one.

One of the issues I have with the Xhaler is how it was marketed as a variable voltage device by just turning the end cap. There are a couple of videos showing that the voltage was not variable on the unit. It was pretty much a constant 6V.

I'm a fan of the Silver Bullet. 6V with a 3.5ohm atty is great for me, but we're all different. I have a feeling you'll be happy with whatever you buy provided it works as advertised. I'm becoming more of a "keep it simple" PV person, just a switch with a well vented battery housing and as few solder points as possible. I buy protected LifePO4 batteries for my HV mods so I'm confident that it's relatively safe all on it's own.