Dse901 Vs Joye510

So today I recieved my Joye510 from Arno over @ awesomevapor. The customer service was excellent and I got the shipment promptly. No problem with Arno on that aspect.However,I will admit. Ive been using the 510 for several hours now and I am a bit dissapointed. It just doesnt seem to put off the same taste or vapor that my 901 does.Same juice, but different results. I really enjoy the cartridge style that came with my 901,that flat tipped pipe style. The 510 came with the one more alike a regular cigarette with the little hole. Wasnt feeling that much as I like to keep the ecig in my mouth as I sit here and type and such, or drive or whatever. So I figured I'd swap the cartridge that I love from my 901 into the 510 here. Well good news for me as it fits..However It just doesnt seem to give the same throat hit and taste as the 901. Is this because its new and the atty need to kinda be "broken in".Im hitting a wall here...Any help would be much appreciated!

For what it's worth, I do get great TH from a 510 once it's broken in. Being the patient person I am, I usually do a concerted break in by vaping 0 nic, no flavor VG or PG or a mix, and hit it hard for a couple of loads. I direct drip. That will usually break it in quickly and just right. Using just bland base saves valuable liquid and doesn't prime the atty with any particular flavor. Just my experience, what works for me might not for anyone else.

I haven't used a 901 but I've often read here that 901 is primo for flavor, less so for TH. Perhaps someone who actually knows what they're talking about will chime in soon. :)

The carts are interchangeable between the 510's and the 901's so use which ever tip you like the best.I only recently aquired a real Joye 510 and have not tried it yet but I have used the DSE 510's and the DSE 901's and I don't see much difference myself.

I will say this about the two:

The 901 seems to work much better in all aspects with the VPPT at 5 volts vs. the 510.

Yes, the 510 does get warmer, but that isn't the most important thing to my needs.

For me, the flavor is what I'm looking for... and I get that the best with the 901 at 5v.

A close second will be the 510 at 3.7 on my VP2.

Just my .02

I personally try to avoid 510 atomizers, I know I'm in the minority here. The 510 puts out tons of vapor, but I love the flavor the 901 offers. The 901 on a passthrough or modded unit is amazing! Remember, everyone is different since people prefer different devices than others and that's ok.

have you tried adding a couple drops directly to the atomizer???

with the 510 you will lose some flavor as the atty burns hotter, but usually you will get better throat hit and vapor.

Working any better today???

I've done a comparison of the 901/510/801 here:

http://www.vapersplace.com/profiles/blogs/comparing-901801510-atomisers

For me the 901 atomiser (well I like the RN4075 "copy" better actually) wins on overall balance...

A few months ago, I ordered a couple 901 atomizers to test out. I had been using the 801 and the 510 on the VP/PT. I had a hard time with the draw of the 801 but really liked the flavor. The 510 had great vapor but the flavor was a bit lacking. Since I have had the 901, it has become my go to atomizer. I really like the flavor and have not really noticed that much of a difference with the vapor.

Honestly until yesterday I've not used a 510 atomizer for about the past 2 weeks. I've been enjoying an 801 at 5volts too much and my 510 cartomizers when I'm out and about.

I loaded up a 510 atty yesterday just for the simple fact that it had been so long since I used one (note that the 510 was my starter atty). I was very disappointed with the flavor, so I loaded up a second one thinking the first one may be past its useful life. Same result: good vapor and throat hit, but piddly little flavor.

I only own one 801 and 901, so perhaps my experiences aren't a good example. But the 901 is not very pleasing to me. The flavor is good, but all my different juices seem to taste the same. It's not that the flavor is bad, but even when i blow it out completely and do a dry burn, the juices still taste very similar.

The 801 on the other hand is totally fantastic for me at 5 volts. Very good flavor (though not as good as a cartomizer), excellent vapor production (slightly better than a 510), and very good throat hit (though not as good as a 510). Personal taste really is personal. Fortunately there are several different atomizers and devices to try. Eventually you'll find the right combination if the 510 never seems to work well for you.

I love my 510 , if I had to choose between flavor intensity and vapor volume id choose vapor volume every time , subtle flavor is fine with me , I havnt tried many different flavors but in my limited testing I've found flavor intensity from one liquid maker to the next same flavor are not always the same

in my limited testing I've found flavor intensity from one liquid maker to the next same flavor are not always the same

An excellent point that is easily overlooked. The #1 factor to consider is if the vendor makes their own juice (here in the USA or otherwise outside of China), #2 if they come from China, and then #3 which individual vendor orders them from China.

I can't remember the exact episode of VaporCast (I think it's 18 or 19) that mentions the difference between vendor's juices, but the point is made that *ALL* vendors have the choice of tweaking a juice's flavor recipe even if it's ordered from the same China manufacturer. So a flavor of chinese 555 from AwesomeVapor may be different from a flavor of chinese 555 from ELiquidPlanet even though they order from the same China manufacturer. All vendors can specify how they'd like the flavor to turn out in the end. We're blessed with the fact that not all juices are made the same, even if they come from the same chinese manufacturer.

That's part of the fun in finding your favorite flavor. Not only do you need to look for your favorite flavor, but also your favorite vendor!