General Vaping Question From A Noobie

amcnutt

Good morning all. Today starts day 3 of my vaping adventure and I am very, very pleased. This morning however I did notice one thing and I am not sure if it is the vaping or just the natural healing process from quiting the analog's. When I take a drag from my 510 I get a quick almost painful burn in my throat, almost like it is raw or burned. That said, I have some alergy issues at the moment along with a chough caused by analogs that is going away, but may be making my throat raw. I guess I am just curious from the long time vapor's out there, if you vape alot, can you feel it in your throat or lungs? Overall how do you feel after a month or so of kicking the analogs and going vape full time?

One other note, I am vaping more than I smoked, I used to only smoke evenings and weekends, but I am vaping at work now during the day. That said, I still think drag for drag I am taking less pulls now than with analogs. Well, I look forward to reading your responses, thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Good morning all. Today starts day 3 of my vaping adventure and I am very, very pleased. This morning however I did notice one thing and I am not sure if it is the vaping or just the natural healing process from quiting the analog's. When I take a drag from my 510 I get a quick almost painful burn in my throat, almost like it is raw or burned. That said, I have some alergy issues at the moment along with a chough caused by analogs that is going away, but may be making my throat raw. I guess I am just curious from the long time vapor's out there, if you vape alot, can you feel it in your throat or lungs? Overall how do you feel after a month or so of kicking the analogs and going vape full time?

One other note, I am vaping more than I smoked, I used to only smoke evenings and weekends, but I am vaping at work now during the day. That said, I still think drag for drag I am taking less pulls now than with analogs. Well, I look forward to reading your responses, thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Drink plenty of water, maybe slow it up a little as well? What level of nicotine are you at? I stuck to my regimen of going outside, waiting an hour to vape but went nuts on weekends while drinking. I definitely had a sore throat for a little bit but don't want to have you ignore yours because I had one. If you are a weekend only smoker, I would recommend zero nicotine or very low nicotine as it sounds like you aren't really addicted.

Also, have you tried a different atty in case there's something actually wrong?

Search function up top for sore throat. And also there is a health section and side effects topic around here. If you can't find it I will. Welcome BTW.

The only time I get the burn feeling is if I get it way to hot. Then I get a burnt taste as well as a burning feeling in my throat. Heat seems to be the enemy of taste and atomizers. If you get it too low on juice and start smoking the filling you will get that also. Some folks have to switch from PG to VG for different allergy issues. Im sure you will hear from the more experienced Vapers as well. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Congrats on day 3 thumbsup.gif

Since you are vaping a lot, your throat could be getting irritated with the vapor. You may want to scale back on the vaping a little. Its not fun to vape if it hurts.

After kicking the analog habit I feel sooo much better. I have much more energy, I don't get sinus headaches all the time like I used to, and I can breathe better. I hope the same for you. :)

Thanks for the quick responses! I think most of you are right that I should slow up a little and get 0% nic. I actually have some one the way, going to try out vanilla! My throat is already better this morning with water and a slower vape schedule, I was just so excited to vape that I must have gotten a little carried away ;) And I guess this is more of a health/noobie questions, so I probably should have posted it there, sorry.

It looks like the throat issue has already been addressed here, so I'll just tell you that yes, everything starts getting better - and much quicker than a month even. Like Jeff said, energy increases, breathing gets easier and easier, and headaches go away. My sense of smell returned. Food tastes different - sometimes better, sometimes worse LOL. Check out the health section on the forum. Lots and lots of things have been discussed there. It's truly amazing.

Congrats on Day 3. Glad things are a bit better.

My only 2 cents-- if the atty gets too hot, it can actually melt the edges of the cart. Check the carts now and again and see if they look melted or uneven.

took me a very long time to figure this one out--the taste is horrendous, intermittent and causes my throat to burn.

if the atty starts to dry out it also causes the burning sensation.

Lots and lots of water (also helps flush all the tobacco chemicals out of your system)

Happy Vaping !!!

A very belated Welcome to VT! As you can see, this is a great place.

The only thing I might add to what's gone before, is to consider liquid with a VG component. Vegetable Glycerin creates a lot more vapor and is easier on the throat hit. One thing to keep in mind is that is also can tend to reduce the flavor -- but just a bit, and not really that noticeable. I've taken to using a lot more VG in my juice, and I like it quite a lot.

Since I haven't read your earlier posts, can you repeat for me what device you're using? Just curious. If you're using voltage higher than 3.7V, I would strongly recommend more VG, perhaps 50% or greater. Just my experience, not sure it would apply to others.

And because you're thinking of vaping 0 nic, making your own liquid would be a very simple and economical approach. Check out the DIY Liquid forum for lots of great info. I'd be happy to share what little experience I have in that area too if you have any questions. I'm pretty much making all of my own liquid now and am quite satisfied after having done a lot of experimenting. ;)

Good luck, have fun and Vape On!

While vaping I always stay hydrated and make sure there is always some moisture in my throat/mouth. At times I get an extremely dry feeling, like a burning feeling, at times it will even make my eyes water. Since a large portion of the nicotine is absorbed through your throat and upper airways rather than lungs, it can and will get irritated without proper care. Keeping a good flow of liquids I found is vitaly important for a positive vaping experience.

A very belated Welcome to VT! As you can see, this is a great place.

The only thing I might add to what's gone before, is to consider liquid with a VG component. Vegetable Glycerin creates a lot more vapor and is easier on the throat hit. One thing to keep in mind is that is also can tend to reduce the flavor -- but just a bit, and not really that noticeable. I've taken to using a lot more VG in my juice, and I like it quite a lot.

Since I haven't read your earlier posts, can you repeat for me what device you're using? Just curious. If you're using voltage higher than 3.7V, I would strongly recommend more VG, perhaps 50% or greater. Just my experience, not sure it would apply to others.

And because you're thinking of vaping 0 nic, making your own liquid would be a very simple and economical approach. Check out the DIY Liquid forum for lots of great info. I'd be happy to share what little experience I have in that area too if you have any questions. I'm pretty much making all of my own liquid now and am quite satisfied after having done a lot of experimenting. ;)

Good luck, have fun and Vape On!

Sorry this took so long, I did not see it went to page 2! I'm new not only to vaping, but also to the forum's in general! I am using the Joye 510 manual model. I would be very interested in what you have to teach, I usualy am fine with the nic withdrawal so I really want to go nic free! I am vaping 555 right now and really like the sweet nutty flavor, I also sampled RY4 and almost got it but went with the 555. I tried vanilla today, but it was just a little to sweet if that helps at all. I have not tried any fruity flavors yet so I am not sure what I will think about them. It's funny, 3 days ago I was all worried about it looking and tasting like an analog, now, I could care less, just give me good vapor and great flavor and I am happy as can be!

Seems like you've already gotten a lot of great advice so there really isn't much more I can tell you except congrats on 3 days.

Keep up the good work, it only gets better the longer you go. If the vanilla is a little sweet for you you might try mixing it with a little of the 555 and see what you think of it. Also, if you are going to go for the 0 nic it would really be cheaper for you to get some O nic mixing juice and a few bottles of different flavors you want to try and mix your own. It really does come out cheaper in the long run and you can mix and match any flavor you want.

So good luck and keep up the good fight.

Happy vaping.

Hi amcnutt. I don't have much to teach, and I can tell you that I've been trying replicate 555 for a long time -- it's still my favorite flavor -- and have not been very successful. In the DIY Liquid forum there's a recipe I found and have tried that's completely vapable, but doesn't really taste like 555 to me. Trust me though, I'll get it nailed down eventually. :) Meanwhile, there's plenty of good stuff to try out. I'll see what I can come up with in terms of what flavors I like from which vendors for starters. Here's the e-liquid list from Perfumer's Apprentice -- good flavors for the most part, some not quite strong enough for my lack of tastebuds but that's probably a personal issue. More later.

PA DIY Flavors

I can say their Peanut Butter rocks. ;)

Thanks for that one Dave--some good flavors.

I really like the flavour Art from Liberty flights--but many flavors out of stock. Flavour Art flavors are fairly strong, but I will have to give PA a try. I love mixing.

Hey welcome to VT! Glad to hear you have had good luck with the vaping. Everyone seems to have you all helped out so just a hello. Amazing how quickly you realize you don't care about looking and tasting like analogs. Be careful, soon you will have flashlights with attys and boxes and passthroughs! Have fun!

Hey welcome to VT! Glad to hear you have had good luck with the vaping. Everyone seems to have you all helped out so just a hello. Amazing how quickly you realize you don't care about looking and tasting like analogs. Be careful, soon you will have flashlights with attys and boxes and passthroughs! Have fun!

hahah, thanks, I got my PPC and Passthrough yesterday!

Thanks for that one Dave--some good flavors.

I really like the flavour Art from Liberty flights--but many flavors out of stock. Flavour Art flavors are fairly strong, but I will have to give PA a try. I love mixing.

Yeah, I like FA too kitsune and sure wish Liberty Flights would get tobacco flavors in again. There's another US supplier, but danged if I can remember it now. This almost makes it seem like it'd be worthwhile to buy from Italy; at least you'd have quantities of the flavors (or, flavours ;)) you like.

Some PA flavors, naturally, are stronger than others, but they all are very clean-tasting, powerful without being so in-your-face as some, like Lorann's, are. (Yeah, I do use some Lorann flavors too.)

I originally ordered from Italy, a ways back and the shipping cost was almost more than the product. Time to whisper in Abes ear that it is time to stock the US site. I know Flavour Art has been also experiencing some growing pains.

if you remember the other site, let me know.

Happy vaping