Has Anyone Tried This Stuff?

GDub

So I've been looking around at different sites to get my nicotine base for DIY e-liquids and I stumbled across this...

http://www.xtremevaping.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=73&category_id=5&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

They sell 500ml of 125mg Nicotine Base for $147.00... that's crazy cheap. Does anyone know if this is quality stuff or not? If it is I'll have to pick up a half liter, at that strength it should last me a couple of years!

I've seen this site before and been very tempted. From his description I think it would be worth a try; that should be enough to get you through a temporary ban at least. I almost have enough stock for that; this would put me over the top. Seriously considering it myself. If you get it before me, please let us know what you think. Thanks for the reminder.

I like your idea however, nicotene does have a shelf life, I believe I heard around 2 years, and that is if it is stored properly. At that price though it might be worth it. On a side note: How do you tell if nicotene has gone bad? Does it just lose it's potency or is it the juice that goes bad with flavor?

Yeah, two years is what I've heard too. Obviously I don't know but my expectation is that its strength will begin to wane; possibly before two years, too. I just have no way of knowing, but this is one reason I spaced my purchases out in "smaller" quantities so far. My goal is to set aside two years worth of supplies; once I have that then I'll just start just replacing the stuff I use up. I write a date on everything I purchase for ban-survival, and do the old FIFO inventory rotation.

A two-year supply of liquid for me is about 1500 ml. This means I need about 700 ml of 100mg base. Right now I have only about 200 ml, so I have further to go to get my two-year, ban-surviving inventory than I thought. :)

Next thing you guys will be building bunkers in the woods and stockpiling firearms and Koolaid. :clap:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11487214&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|3605&N=4001055&Mo=357&No=3&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=3605&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

I've made 2 orders from Xtreme, not that huge of a qty however but have been please with what I've gotten from him.

Did you get any of the DIY nic base? Just curious as to hear someone who's used the products thoughts on it... I don't want to be stuck with 500ml of weird tasting nic base.

That's a lot of liquid for someone to have on hand. Seems a little extreme.

I completely agree as to the quantity, however when the price is that right even if I flushed half down the toilet it's still cheaper than just about any other option out there. Personally I quit smoking analogs because of the cost, I know that seems crazy to some of you, but for me it was the cost of the cigarettes that finally drove me to look into the e-cig, not my health. Yes my health is still a concern, that's why I'm a little skeptical about purchasing such an inexpensive product, but really I may just have to put my lab rat hat on and give this stuff a shot.

Did you get any of the DIY nic base? Just curious as to hear someone who's used the products thoughts on it... I don't want to be stuck with 500ml of weird tasting nic base.

I've been completely satisfied. I've gotten 50mg/ml PG, then 100mg/ml VG and 100mg/mg as well as their straight PG and VG. All my juices come out tasting just fine. No weird tastes or any other concerns. Juices come out with the throat hit I'd expect with the amount of nic I mix in. Shipping is always incredibly fast too.

I've been completely satisfied. I've gotten 50mg/ml PG, then 100mg/ml VG and 100mg/mg as well as their straight PG and VG. All my juices come out tasting just fine. No weird tastes or any other concerns. Juices come out with the throat hit I'd expect with the amount of nic I mix in. Shipping is always incredibly fast too.

Nice, thanks for the info. I'm just going to have to pick up 500ml I guess and store it in a cool, dry and dark place.

I completely agree as to the quantity, however when the price is that right even if I flushed half down the toilet it's still cheaper than just about any other option out there. Personally I quit smoking analogs because of the cost, I know that seems crazy to some of you, but for me it was the cost of the cigarettes that finally drove me to look into the e-cig, not my health. Yes my health is still a concern, that's why I'm a little skeptical about purchasing such an inexpensive product, but really I may just have to put my lab rat hat on and give this stuff a shot.

We're very similar in that regard man. I'm a cheap bastid and when taxes went up two bucks per pack in two years here, my wife flat quit and I started seriously looking for alternatives (like trying to quit myself).

This is just the right amt to get me to my inventory goal, and a great price. I hadn't noticed whether it's available as VG, but if it is, like Fritchard suggested, I'm gonna be in hog heaven. It probably would make sense to re-bottle in smaller containers so that the whole batch isn't exposed to air every time it's opened. VG is great at high voltage, just the ticket, for what it's worth to anyone else.

MFS has also recently had some great prices on base; I wonder if there's some Chinese competition going on, or they know they're about to get stuck with huge quantities of the stuff so they're unloading it? Maybe they know something we don't, like the whole world is about to outlaw vaping. (I'm not really that paranoid. ;))

Next thing you guys will be building bunkers in the woods and stockpiling firearms and Koolaid. :clap:

Whaddaya mean "next thing"? :D

FTJoe, that's a good price, best I've seen in a long time. But have you ever eaten any of that stuff?! Ugh. I guess it would be better than starving, but anyone would sure lose weight on a diet of that kind of ... foodstuff. Hey! There's an idea... Maybe I could drop 50 lbs and save some money at the same time! :D Naw. I'd hold off for the asteroid strike.

Thanks for the info about the 100mg nic juice. I've been looking into it for a couple of days now but wasn't sure if it was a good deal or how the liquid really was. So now I can place and order and give it a try myself. Just have to be careful with nic that strong. Would hate to OD on nic before I got my first batch made...lol

Just have to be careful with nic that strong. Would hate to OD on nic before I got my first batch made...lol

Yeah I was a bit timid with the 100mg/ml stuff from reading threads on ECF but I just use common sense, work in an uncluttered area and make sure to mix everything well. Avoid things like squirting it directly in my eyes and ears...

What I do to make mixing easier is I've got a semi-large (60ml or so) bottle that I'll mix up a base in then make little bottles of different flavors with (5ml here, 5ml there) so I don't have to handle it often. I can make a small batch of something in less than a minute.

LOL, ok so I tried to place an order for the 500ml of 125mg/ml and my order was almost immediately cancelled and I received an email saying I was not authorized to purchase that amount at that strength. Apparently the old axiom of "if it seems to good to be true" reared it's ugly head yet again. Either way, his prices on 100mg/ml base isn't bad, but no where close to the amazing deal I hoped to get. I'm just going to have to keep looking around I guess...

Yeah, so here's the story... The 125mg/ml is for resellers only. The link to that product does not appear on the website unless you have been approved to purchase it, but the Google spider bots found it and created a Google search result. After looking around I still cannot find a cheaper supplier for nicotine base. Even at $180 for 500ml of 100mg/ml base it's still cheaper than anyone else I have found online. Guess if I want to buy 125mg/ml at wholesale price I'll just have to start up my own e-juice store, till then the 100mg/ml will do just fine.

Thanks for the update GDub. Sadness. But we'll live; 100mg is all I've used anyway, and that is a good price.

Snubber and Fritchard, you guys are right! Mixing is messy and though I've gotten 100mg on my hands with no ill effects, it freaked me out and I washed it off immediately, and put on latex gloves. I think that's the way to go, there's really no way I can not to get stuff on me when I'm messing with this stuff. Better to be safe. We have to remember that nicotine is very toxic in concentration.

Looks like it will be a couple of weeks until I get my order. All good though, I appreciate Levy sticking to a standard of excellence for his products, I may just use this as an excuse to try out some of the newer VT Juice flavors (still haven't tried the Sweet Dawn).

Edited by GDub

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like he's selling the pink stuff at 35% off until it's gone, and even 3ml samples of 100mg for $3.00! So, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's 100mg of nicotine/ml, yes? I've never mixed before, nor know much about it, but couldn't you mix that 3ml with some VG or PG to get a large amount of, say 16mg base juice, for "crazy-go-nuts" cheap?? :huh: