Are These The Right Battery For The Silver Bullet?

brian1g

Hey all, I am planning on getting a silver bullet soon so I am looking for batteries for 6v vaping. Will these work ok?

http://www.batteryjunction.com/4parc390reli.html

I am wanting to make sure I purchase the right batteries so I can vape as soon as possible lol.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Awesome, ordering now.

TY hawk

Oh btw, I know that the sb with the 3.7v battery lasts like 2-3 days but how long can i expect to vape @ 6v on a single charge?

I get about 1 full day @ 6V on my SB w/ the Tenergy LifePO4 batts.

Those LiPo's with a Joye 510 atty will give you a nice 5.18V vape.

How does that happen? Why not 6V? This may explain why it's working so well... no burning juice and I haven't popped an atty yet (same 510 atty for over a week now).

How does that happen? Why not 6V? This may explain why it's working so well... no burning juice and I haven't popped an atty yet (same 510 atty for over a week now).

Batteries aren't regulated power supplies and as such will sag when a load is applied. Raw (unloaded) volts don't mean much. We know a fully charged Li-ion comes in at 4.2V, but that's not what we are vaping at (loaded).

This guy built a tester. What you are seeing here is two 3V Tenergy LiPo's actually firing a Joye 2.1Ω atty. This is the true voltage we actually get when we vape. Note the 3V protected Li-ions (actually 3.6V batts with a built in mini regulator) may be different.

IMG_7087.jpg

Using Ohm's Law we see that this atty is pulling 2.5A. Unfortunately these LiPo's where never designed for such a high discharge.

Thanks WillBlack! This definately explains why I'm having such good luck with it and not popping attys. Would be interesting to see what the Li-ions vape at. I know some people are using the Li-ion 900mah Tenergy batts a have problems with burning juice and popping attys.

I think it would stand to reason that when 2 freshly charged 3 V batteries are first fired ( total 8.4 V) my atty is getting way too much voltage. Probably explains why when I lose an atty, it's always after putting in new batts.

Thanks for posting that Will. If I'm understanding the techie stuff correctly, the (2) 3V batts aren't capable of delivering 6 V for a sustained time with the load imposed on them from the atty?. So there may be a spike of voltage at first, but they "settle down" to deliver 5.18?

I love this tech talk. Keep it coming. :)

Edited by jeffb

I think it may be different for the batteries you are using. You've got the protected Li-ion batts and I've got the LiFePO4s. I've been using the same 510 atty for two weeks now and it's still working great. Maybe I just got luck with this one.