[Noob] Newports And Minis

apathy

OK, so, I've read a little here and on another forum and these are undoubtedly double-posts, but, I figured I might get the succinct answers I desire, and hopefully avoid the guys who have nothing better to say then read (since I've done that already). After a million searches hereon google, bing, and youtube (watching DULL video reviews with terrible production quality) there is just too much to "learn", and I don't really need, nor WANT to know EVERYTHING there is to know about PV's, or E-cigs, or whatever you want to call them (the fact I know what a PV means is bad enough), so, I'll limit this to a few specific questions and would GREATLY appreciate any HELPFUL responses...Now, with all that said:

I want to augment my habit, and perhaps cut back. My motivation would be to smoke indoors, on planes, amusment parks, basically everywhere since smokers are not allowed to smoke anywhere anymore, AND, as a single guy, a lot of women are becoming intolerant...Unbelievable

I smoke Newports, and ONLY Newports, I smoke heavily (2 packs a day) so Throat Hit, or kick is pretty desirable, as is the Newport flavor, which seems a bit difficult to obtain.

I would prefer a mini, or super mini, as close to an actual cigarette as possible; I looked at the M401 Dragon and SMORE 402 .I assume they are the same and both looks pretty cool. Saw a couple of those LAME video reviews, and the vapor production didn't seem terrible, even with the auto batteries. Portability and aesthetics outweigh performance to a degree as I don't plan on quitting altogether and wouldn't want some huge device regardless. These were just a couple of the MANY I found though, some as small as 84mm, not sure about the quality of those though, and I think they came from Australia? Saw some wood grain models that weren't too bad either.

Price is not a factor. I always believe that more often than not, you get what you pay for.

I would prefer a U.S. based supplier for logistical reasons.

So, after that lengthy intro here are the questions in bulleted format:

What do you guys consider "The Best" SMALL mini or super mini e-cigarette, vaporizor, or personal vaporizor? Best I suppose taking into account vapor production, throat hit, style, battery life/performance, drag-ability, fast shipping, reliabilty, etc (any other factors you might consider), again, cost is the least of my concern.

What flavor, or combo of flavors come closest to a NEWPORT? Links would be appreciated. Who's got the juice?

I would like to get this stuff ASAP, hence the emphasis on domestic suppliers.

Thanks in advance, and apologies if I came off as a prick, but, I've learned too much about stuff in the past that I never really needed to know, (if you ever want HID's in a car those guys are the worst) if I find one decent alternative I'll be OK :)

Well the M402 and Dragon are the same thing. I personally did a review on it quite a while back. Although it's a small lightweight model, it lacks the vapor available today.

Let's start with the hardware

Basically it boils down to 2 models

1. Joye 510 which is recommend to every new person. Rather than explain why, just take my word for it, it's great. It works well, creates lots of a vapor, it's small and feels close to a cigarette. These units are manual batteries. You'll want to stay away from the auto batteries as they die out quickly. Or buy the auto battery and learn the hard way ;)

2. The Janty ego. Now keep in mind we sell both of these models so don't take my word for it. The reason we also suggest the Janty eGo is because it uses the exact same atomizer as the model above. The difference? Rather than the battery only lasting say 1-2 hours max, this model will last upwards of 10+ hours. If you don't mind the look this unit is hand down pretty perfect. It's also a lot smaller than it looks in pictures.

As for what liquid is close to menthol? Specifically Newports? In all honesty. Nothing. You'll never get exactly the same taste as a menthol cigarette. You'll get close but never spot on. Menthol flavors are sort of minty. You can create a whole topic dedicated to which menthol is the best. I'll let a few other members chime in on this.

Hope that helps :) If you have more questions fire away

I agree with Chris 100%. The 510 atty will give you the best throat hit and vapor whether you use it on a regular battery or a battery mod. I would say that since you're a heavy smoker, you'd be best off with an eGo for battery life. I smoked about 1 1/2 packs a day and did good to get 1.5 hours on a regular battery.

I also recommend the 510. I was a slow adopter and kick myself for that often enough. Just take our word for it. Also, since throat hit is important to you (me too), consider the low resistance 510 atomizers. They're available at nhaler.com and (this is a very personal opinion, read around here for others) in my mind the best thing since high voltage. They'll make your standard battery vape like real voltage. Again, my personal feelings on this one but I haven't used anything else since I got them.

As to menthol, I'll give another member a heads up who's done the experimenting and did finally find a good substitute -- though not for a particular brand. That's just not possible; vapor is vapor, not smoke. But you can find satisfaction.

Good luck! You sound frustrated. We all understand that one. :)

What flavor, or combo of flavors come closest to a NEWPORT? Links would be appreciated. Who's got the juice?

I'm a former Kool full flavor smoker (as well as Newports on occasion), and had difficulty finding a satisfying juice. Since you're a heavy smoker, you'll probably want a super-high nicotine fluid. The best I've found to satisfy my nicotine/menthol/throat hit need is Tasty Vapor's Tobacco Menthol in 48mg strength. It's absolutely superb. He only sells in 1 fluid ounce sizes, so if you don't like it you'll throw away a lot of juice, but it's cheap at $15 per oz. I really can't see any heavy menthol smoker not finding it satisfactory.

http://www.tastyvapor.us/tobaccomenthol-eliquid-p-95.html?cPath=10

Welcome apathy. I too agree with the recommendation of the 510. It is a small unit. About the size of a 100 cigarette. But as others have already stated, the battery life is not great. Only one to one and a half hours at best. If you don't mind charging batteries all the time, that's no problem. You could always have several on hand. You can even buy a charger from Totally Wicked that charges five batteries at a time.

If you don't mind something slightly bigger, I would also say go with the eGo. I have one and I think it's the best. The batteries do cost twice as much as the regular 510 batteries, but they last six times longer - or more. Well worth it in my opinion. The battery itself is about twice as big around as the regular battery, but overall the unit is still small. Only slightly bigger than a regular cigarette. And it's a very classy looking unit. Not big and bulky at all, nor does it look like a detonator or flashlight. It is light weight, portable, and can be easily hidden in your hand.

As far as taste...that's a matter of preference. I wasn't a menthol smoker, so I can't help you with that one, but someone is surely going to pop up here to help you with that. You may be able to find something close.

And there you go...one popped up while I was writing this.

Edited by nana

I'm a former Kool full flavor smoker (as well as Newports on occasion), and had difficulty finding a satisfying juice. Since you're a heavy smoker, you'll probably want a super-high nicotine fluid. The best I've found to satisfy my nicotine/menthol/throat hit need is Tasty Vapor's Tobacco Menthol in 48mg strength. It's absolutely superb. He only sells in 1 fluid ounce sizes, so if you don't like it you'll throw away a lot of juice, but it's cheap at $15 per oz. I really can't see any heavy menthol smoker not finding it satisfactory.

http://www.tastyvapo...5.html?cPath=10

Thanks Bro, I knew you'd have the answer. ;)

As well as many others here, I recommend the 510 device. Wether you choose to go traditional or eGo style, you won't be let down on quality and overall satisfaction.

As far as menthol juices go; I was a newport smoker myself as well as camel crush. For a real *** kicking primarily menthol juice, check out the Vapor Talk Mentha e juice. I am not recommending this juice simply because it is sold here at the VT store, this stuff is really the real deal :thumbsup: . VT Mentha is the most satisfying menthol juice I have tried so far, amped up in menthol flavor, superior throat hit, and solid vapor production as well. A very well rounded menthol juice I'm sure you would not be disappointed with.

Thanks for all the replies...I know this goes against the grain, I understand the 510 is the "staple", I get it.

I'll just clarify again though. I don't plan on quitting, perhaps I'll get a larger unit down the road if I desire. I just need something small to take with me to use when I can't smoke an "analog", on dates, etc. so I'll change the question a bit: Assume you could ONLY buy the following models:

Janty Mini Fogger (can use KR808 battery)

Joye 306/A (which can use the 510 battery or sidesho)

Blu/Smoore/401/2

Sidesho

KR808

E8/9

I've seen decent reviews on the mini fogger, the 306, and the 401/2, so those are the 3 I'm leaning towards. The KR808 however, is about the size of a "short".

I also found several threads about the following juices. Any insight would be appreciated, perhaps I'll buy 'em all and figure it out:

FS Deluxe Nwpt Refill Liquid

NuPort

Tasty Vapor Tobacco/Menthol

VK Menthol Sampler

Well if you cost isn't an issue then the KR808 is probably the closest to a real cigarette you'll find in terms of simplicity. Just note that the KR808's use cartomizers (the cartridge and atomizer are one) so they're not meant to be refilled with liquid. You'll have to keep buying cartomizers. (Other than that it's a pretty good model)

I would however still stay away from the M sereies (401 and 402) They die out pretty quickly. The 306 isn't bad and this can use liquid. It's also very small. If you don't plan to drip with liquid then go with the KR series.

Well if you cost isn't an issue then the KR808 is probably the closest to a real cigarette you'll find in terms of simplicity. Just note that the KR808's use cartomizers (the cartridge and atomizer are one) so they're not meant to be refilled with liquid. You'll have to keep buying cartomizers. (Other than that it's a pretty good model)

I would however still stay away from the M sereies (401 and 402) They die out pretty quickly. The 306 isn't bad and this can use liquid. It's also very small. If you don't plan to drip with liquid then go with the KR series.

Thanks Chris, was that you doing the review on the 306?

Cartomizers? Here we go! So, I assume that would limit the "juices" I could purchase. Someone mentioned that you can refill them?

What dies on the 401/2's specifically? Batteries, Attys? They just happen to have the most stylish models...

306 seems to have the most pros at this point then...Although i've seen the battery life is rather terrible

Edited by apathy

Heck at this point I may buy them all and do an independant noob review

All the M401/2's seem to have the most style, the dragon, "special edition" from abettersmoke, the blu, sidesho and SMOORE

Seems like the sidesho and blu are modified as to not be compatable with other 401/2's though, or perhaps they are a slightly different model

The JOYE 306/A is compatable with the 510

The KR-808D-1 is small and simple

The Janty mini-fogger looks pretty sleek as well

I can't say I've seen a TERRIBLE review on any of them, just that they don't have quit the vapor production, throat hit, and obviously battery life as larger units...That's pretty much a given, so, at this point, given those factors I need to try to break in down for these models

Thanks again Chris and others

I ended up ordering a M402 from China (Smoore) couldn't pass on the $32 price

and a KR808D-1 with some blank carts

I got some juice from about 7 different spots (including here) based on suggestions

I read somewhere that the Janty Mini-Fogger and the Joye 307 were the same product. Can someone verify this as I'd still like to try that out...

Thanks again Chris and others

I ended up ordering a M402 from China (Smoore) couldn't pass on the $32 price

and a KR808D-1 with some blank carts

I got some juice from about 7 different spots (including here) based on suggestions

I read somewhere that the Janty Mini-Fogger and the Joye 307 were the same product. Can someone verify this as I'd still like to try that out...

Yes I have the janty mini fogger and it is a 306 not 307. The 306 is the same thing. Janty just sells them with a logo and a little blue swoosh on it. After a few weeks I don't use it any more as the auto batteries and carts that don't work at all made me move to the 510. I got it for the size but quickly found that the 510 being 1 mm larger diameter and a 1/2" longer didn't matter at all as it works much better. That said the janty will be more expensive but if it's worth the logo and swoosh go for it.

Yes I have the janty mini fogger and it is a 306 not 307. The 306 is the same thing. Janty just sells them with a logo and a little blue swoosh on it. After a few weeks I don't use it any more as the auto batteries and carts that don't work at all made me move to the 510. I got it for the size but quickly found that the 510 being 1 mm larger diameter and a 1/2" longer didn't matter at all as it works much better. That said the janty will be more expensive but if it's worth the logo and swoosh go for it.

I got this reply from Janty "I believe that we are phasing out the Mini-fogger as the technology has gotten substantially better than what is currently in the Mini-fogger. My best suggestion would be the Dura C as it is comparable in size and offers a better atomizer and battery life. "

So, if you're willing to part with yours let me know

• 4 months later...

Ok, I would suggest a KR808d-1, Shorty auto. Yeah, I know, everyone says the 510. But for leangth of charge, (I get 5 1/2 hours) battery life (had mine for over 9 months) and ease of use. It also gives decent vapor and taste. I think that manufacturer of the KR808d-1 and body metal (sttainless not aluminum) is a factor in the longevity of my batteries. I charge them each, once a day. Hope this helps. Didm't mention the Brand I use, as I don't know if it's allowed. I will give a hint though. (They have Custom and colored batteries and are in Virginia)

Ok, I would suggest a KR808d-1, Shorty auto. Yeah, I know, everyone says the 510. But for leangth of charge, (I get 5 1/2 hours) battery life (had mine for over 9 months) and ease of use. It also gives decent vapor and taste. I think that manufacturer of the KR808d-1 and body metal (sttainless not aluminum) is a factor in the longevity of my batteries. I charge them each, once a day. Hope this helps. Didm't mention the Brand I use, as I don't know if it's allowed. I will give a hint though. (They have Custom and colored batteries and are in Virginia)

Don't know how to put this to you...but this thread was started back in April. I'm sure they have already had to get new everything buy now.