Nicorette "inhaler"

A new commercial spot review from AdFreak on a Nicorette "Inhaler" shows clips from stars in old movies "smoking" with the inhaler superimposed over where the cigarette was. I don't see any vapor. Just something that looks like a big suppository.

Nicorette Inhaler Commercial

Does anyone know about this? Is this new or I just never heard of it before? It looks to me like they're getting into the act in Europe...

Hey adog... yes, I was given a prescription for this 10 years ago. It helped me quit for about 2 weeks--it has nicotine but no vapor. Not a bad product but did not satisfy all of my needs. I'm very happy with vaping now.

Hah!! it does look like a suppository!!

I actually was a participant in a study at Stanford for FDA approval. Back in '88 or '89 or '90 (too long ago to remember) for the Nicotrol inhaler. Study had 500 people, all demographics, 18 months of use at no cost to us and no pay other than free devices. Checked my oxygen level and took blood every week, answered questionnaire re: depression, could not change diet or exercise and slowly (monthly) they lowered the nic level. Half the group had placebo and half had nic -- I was in the nic group as I had (non-smoking and smoking) friends who wanted to test it and most either coughed or got a buzz. By month 18 there was 0 nic and the study ended. About a month later I had a couple of puffs of analog, then a whole analog, then a pack and I was back smoking analogs within a couple of months.

I think cuz it was a medical and behavioral modification study I wanted to complete the study as I was brought on to do, so i did but of the 500 I vaguely remember ~175 dropping out for various reasons, I chose to stick it out.

OMG - It does look like a big suppository. I wouldn't be caught dead with that thing in my lips. And did I really hear them say it was the closest thing to smoking without smoking? I beg to differ! WE have the closest thing to smoking without smoking. HA!!

I remember those way back when. Wouldn't have been caught dead with one in my mouth.

I said at the time that I would rather die with a cig in my mouth than a tampon.

Don't think they caught on then and can't see them working now.

• 7 months later...

A new commercial spot review from AdFreak on a Nicorette "Inhaler" shows clips from stars in old movies "smoking" with the inhaler superimposed over where the cigarette was. I don't see any vapor. Just something that looks like a big suppository.

Nicorette Inhaler Commercial

Does anyone know about this? Is this new or I just never heard of it before? It looks to me like they're getting into the act in Europe...

My doctor prescribed me this product a few months ago. It's awful. All it does is burn your mouth and tastes terrible. I still wanted to smoke when I used it. It does not produce vapor. Shortly thereafter I discovered the e-cig and I still have two cases of the nicotine from the Nicotrol thing left. None of the cessation products worked for me. The Chantix made me crazy, the patches gave me a rash, the gum gave me terrible heartburn and the Nicotrol inhaler just burned my mouth. After a month with a regular e-cig, I switched to a mod and have been able to stop my 2-pack-a-day habit. The vaporizers are the only product that worked for me to get rid of analogs.

My doctor prescribed me this product a few months ago. It's awful. All it does is burn your mouth and tastes terrible. I still wanted to smoke when I used it. It does not produce vapor. Shortly thereafter I discovered the e-cig and I still have two cases of the nicotine from the Nicotrol thing left. None of the cessation products worked for me. The Chantix made me crazy, the patches gave me a rash, the gum gave me terrible heartburn and the Nicotrol inhaler just burned my mouth. After a month with a regular e-cig, I switched to a mod and have been able to stop my 2-pack-a-day habit. The vaporizers are the only product that worked for me to get rid of analogs.

That's good news. Glad you're off the analogs. And now the fun begins.

Too bad the FDA can't get their head out of their butts and see just how well these work for people compared to the crap they have approved.

Keep up the good work.

Good luck and happy vaping.thumbsup.gif