Low Res Attys Melt Your Carts

So after using my low res magnum 510 attys for a few days now, I've noticed the ends of my carts starting to look like somebody chewed on them... Ah! It's getting so hot in there the low res attys are starting to vaporize the carts! I have talked to a few other users about this and they have concluded the same problem. Who else? Any tinkering or fixes?

So after using my low res magnum 510 attys for a few days now, I've noticed the ends of my carts starting to look like somebody chewed on them... Ah! It's getting so hot in there the low res attys are starting to vaporize the carts! I have talked to a few other users about this and they have concluded the same problem. Who else? Any tinkering or fixes?

I wish, my whistle tip 510s won't stay in there. Have to use the rounds that came with them and even those are loose. I'm not a heavy vaper anymore though. Still trying to figure out how to mangle a cart so they fit right.

I haven't had a problem using the d-tips, maybe because they are made out of a different kind of plastic or because they are thicker.

Ah that's the kind of fix I'm looking for. What other carts/tips that are made of thicker/higher quality plastic?

I wish, my whistle tip 510s won't stay in there. Have to use the rounds that came with them and even those are loose. I'm not a heavy vaper anymore though. Still trying to figure out how to mangle a cart so they fit right.

I have found the TW carts fit a little snugger than the carts the Magnums come with. Both of these carts begin to melt slowly after a few days use. Sometimes after a hit with my PV, when I pull away the PV from my mouth, the cart will detatch from the atomizer leaving me with cart full of vapor in my mouth... lol

I have found the TW carts fit a little snugger than the carts the Magnums come with. Both of these carts begin to melt slowly after a few days use. Sometimes after a hit with my PV, when I pull away the PV from my mouth, the cart will detatch from the atomizer leaving me with cart full of vapor in my mouth... lol

Tighter? Mine keep falling off. The ones that came with it are barely passable. The d-tip is snug but I get juiced unless I pull it off to drip. That's how my week is going, the one thing I want to pop right off won't.

Tighter? Mine keep falling off. The ones that came with it are barely passable. The d-tip is snug but I get juiced unless I pull it off to drip. That's how my week is going, the one thing I want to pop right off won't.

Yeah snugger = tighter. The carts the magnums come with are garbage all around; loose fit, cartridge endcap indents itself under the edge, low quality plastic, and they melt.

Looks like I'll be picking up some new tips here soon.

Yeah snugger = tighter. The carts the magnums come with are garbage all around; loose fit, cartridge endcap indents itself under the edge, low quality plastic, and they melt.

My carts from the magnums are the only ones that fit for me (though still loose), they rest fall off except for the d-tips. Though I haven't tried the TW tips because they're round.

Edited by FTJoe

My carts from the magnums are the only ones that fit for me (though still loose), they rest fall off except for the d-tips. Though I haven't tried the TW tips because they're round.

Sounds to me like these magnum carts may be inconsistant with one another... Wonder how TW will handle this under their lable. I missed TW's presale by literally an hour... checked the page one minute and they were available, go back to purchase after a bit of research and woosh, all gone!

Sounds to me like these magnum carts may be inconsistant with one another... Wonder how TW will handle this under their lable. I missed TW's presale by literally an hour... checked the page one minute and they were available, go back to purchase after a bit of research and woosh, all gone!

I should add I got the attys from nhaler...

If I'm using the carts that come with the lowres atty's, I take em out, and cut off the entire bottom portion of the cart, leaving only a small length which will fit into the atty.

Other than that though, I have found the Pen Grip is ideal for dripping. It's cheap, keeps you from getting juiced, and although it doesn't look as good as drip tips, for me, spending $2 bucks on a five pack of pens, and getting 5 drip tips works!

If I'm using the carts that come with the lowres atty's, I take em out, and cut off the entire bottom portion of the cart, leaving only a small length which will fit into the atty.

Other than that though, I have found the Pen Grip is ideal for dripping. It's cheap, keeps you from getting juiced, and although it doesn't look as good as drip tips, for me, spending $2 bucks on a five pack of pens, and getting 5 drip tips works!

I was going to try the Pen Grip thing. Completely forgot about it. And I just ordered a couple of drip tips. Shucks. I might still try the Grips though. Does it matter which kind you get? Are they different sizes? I haven't bought any in years really. I hardly write at all any more. Except for signing my name. And most of the time that's on a machine in a store with the little stylus type pens.

Oh man that's just ******* nasty. Was using my PV with mag atty and standard white TW cart only to taste a nasty burning... I pull out my cart, it began to melt inside. I look in the atty and find a layer of my white cart sealed around the edges... LOL I had to grab a toothpick and scrape it all out. Took a bit of cleaning to get the substance and taste fully out.

Hey Nana,

It does matter which pens you get.. I have found that the Papermate Pens (2 pack of either black or blue pens) with comfort grip have the best fit on a 510. I also found some no name Target brand ones, it's a pack of 5 pens (multicolor), all having black grips. It's the cheapest I have found so far. I usually feel em through the package to make sure they are not extremely soft or too rubbery feeling, and check that the pen shape is round, not triangle, or another weird shape.

I have not found any that will fit the 801/302's. I think I'm going to order some of the T-tips for those atty's, as I really dig the open atomizer feeling now. At first it was a bit weird, but now I find that the airflow from especiall 510's is greatly improved with the pen grips, and I imagine it would be the same with the drip tips.

Hope you're doing good.