Cartomizer Question

I wanted to try the kr808 cartomizers to compare with the newer 510carto. I ordered the blank carto and filled it with juice. Got the 510 adapter so it would fit. But, there is almost no airflow. Cannot get anything more than a puff of vapor and thats really having to toke it hard. I have tried 2 cartos and its the same. Could my adapter be messed up or is this airflow problem just the norm with this type of carto?

I'm on my 3rd 510carto and so far all 3 have been different. Only 1 was bad so far; acted just like yours did. 1 was nice like a 510 & the one I'm using now is like it has the eGo cover on it's. I wish they were all as good as this one is. Sure is great going all day on 1 carto though. I got mine at liquid express. .I doubt the vendor matters though.

Time will tell

It's most likely the adapter. I've heard the adapter from 510 to 901/KR808 are very iffy with KR808 carto's. I have an 801 to 901 adapter for my VP units and it worked pretty good on them as far as air flow goes. The 510 carto's work a lot better for me than the KR's ever did.

LOL--as usual Jeff beat me to it...

It's only fair that we make him work harder for the win. (teacher's pet and all y'know). :D:whistle:

Oh... P.S.... the 510carto that wasn't working good for me, the one that is like the ones you have, actually started working good towards the last 1/2-3/4 of the carto. The atty must have needed a long break in period? Maybe that's whats happening with yours too? In any case, be sure to try others before giving up on them because when they work right, they're great!

I'll mirror what Brian mentioned in regards to the adapter not having proper airflow.

Many vendors have their own version of a 510 battery to 901/808 adapter. From the tiny bit that I read before making my purchase, it seems kind of hit and miss in regards to finding a vendor that has a properly designed and machined adapter.

Since I couldnt' find any specifics, I ordered adapters from 2 different vendors: Cigtechs and Madvapes. Fortunately, those from both vendors are designed perfectly and I've not had any airflow problems. I mainly use the ones I got from CigTechs b/c they're gold plated, instead of just silver like Madvapes. But they work the same.

Now that I've discovered the 510 cartos, and bought nearly $90 worth of them, I feel kinda silly for paying so much for the KR808 adapters that I'll hardly ever use again :)

Don't feel silly, Brandon. We've all spent money on stuff we decide not to use anymore. For whatever reason. It's part of the process. Just look at that stuff as...more backups! I keep thinking I've finally got it all down and know just what I need and how much I need and then a new subject comes up...like 510 cartomizers...and I start thinking, hmmmmmmmm. Now I'm considering trying some of these, too. It's part of the process. Right? :rolleyes2:

Don't feel silly, Brandon. We've all spent money on stuff we decide not to use anymore. For whatever reason. It's part of the process. Just look at that stuff as...more backups! I keep thinking I've finally got it all down and know just what I need and how much I need and then a new subject comes up...like 510 cartomizers...and I start thinking, hmmmmmmmm. Now I'm considering trying some of these, too. It's part of the process. Right? :rolleyes2:

Keep telling yourself that Nana. LOL Never admit we are somehow catching the guys' gadget addictions!