Dry Burning Works!

Yep, it works. I had a completely dead atty - ohms measured something like 168. Dry burn on 3.7v didn't work, just got a very slight glow. I put it on the VP/PT and it only took about 10 seconds for it fire right up.

I had boiled it distilled water first, but that didn't do anything, but at least it was clean. :)

Edited by Brian

Yep, it works. I had a completely dead atty - ohms measured something like 168. Dry burn on 3.7v didn't work, just got a very slight glow. I put it on the VP/PT and it only took about 10 seconds for it fire right up.

I had boiled it distilled water first, but that didn't do anything, but at least it was clean. :)

Can someone remind me how it works? I am really lazy this morning...

To dry burn a 510 atty, simply rinse with water, blow out both ends to get it somewhat dry, screw the atty into a battery, then energize the atty for at least 8 seconds while blowing into it. Repeat the last step about 4 more times. If all goes well, you will see an orange glow each time, and it will get brighter each time. Then, either direct drip or insert a cart. Works like a charm. :thumbsup:

Edited by Hurricane

Good stuff Hurricane, I tried this method on one of my dead attys after reading this, finding it to start working but only in part. My buddy actually flooded this atomiser with literally 20 drops of eliquid (my VT Grape Soda to boot...) He said he couldn't see any drops coming out at first... DOH! :popo: Anyways I got a good orange glow to come back after 5 rinse and repeat methods but an insufficient amount of vapor was being produced to get any kind of a hit.

Edited by SickDripzz

Good stuff Hurricane, I tried this method on one of my dead attys after reading this, finding it to start working but only in part. My buddy actually flooded this atomiser with literally 20 drops of eliquid (my VT Grape Soda to boot...) He said he couldn't see any drops coming out at first... DOH! :popo: Anyways I got a good orange glow to come back after 5 rinse and repeat methods but an insufficient amount of vapor was being produced to get any kind of a hit.

ok i jus did this method on an atomizer that was dead an it started glowing again an smoking...so i put the cart on it an like he said its not enough to get a hit off

this means what?

ok i jus did this method on an atomizer that was dead an it started glowing again an smoking...so i put the cart on it an like he said its not enough to get a hit off

this means what?

Sounds like your atty is toast. :(

thaaaaat sucks

because that means that when the one i have now breaks, i have to go buy a whole new starter kit jus to have an atomizer that works again

because i dont know what kind of atomizer the Nova Smoke has so i cant jus buy an atty

unless...is there a way to tell which kind of atomizer im running?

awrite

im pretty amazed as to how you came across that an its probably something that you typed in thats so obvious haha jus my luck

that is exactly what i have

so like howd you find this?

Google is my friend. :) It looks to be a RN4081. Various suppliers like NJOY sell the same product. I started with the NJOY/NPRO and purchased attys from them.

this means what?

Your atty may be dead. This works on atomizers that are gunked up. Basically, it works like a self-cleaning oven. Burning the atty causes it to burn off that gunk. If the atty is dead, dry burning won't save it.