Dubstep Music

Dubstep is a new feature in my life and I'm wondering how I ever lived my life without it. For the past 6 months I have been enjoying Dubstep and now I am working on a few productions. The genre is quite new... has only been around maybe 3 years. Many people have not caught on yet.

Who else here listens to Dubstep music?

I have an extensive, well diversified collection of Dubstep music if anyone is interested.

@jeffb: That is a good song :thumbup: but have you heard the remix by downlink? Straight up MASSIVE :thumbsup: , check it out.

Edited by SickDripzz

I have an extensive, well diversified collection of Dubstep music if anyone is interested.

@jeffb: That is a good song :thumbup: but have you heard the remix by downlink? Straight up MASSIVE :thumbsup: , check it out.

NiT GriT

Check his stuff out. Absolutely masterful Dubstep/Grime/Glitch music.

Check out tracks: Technical Touch, 12 Gauge, What Am I?, Squits and Giggles, Belial, Prituri Se Planinata (NiT GriT Remix), Building Steam With a Grain of Salt (Dj Shadow Remix), Pedro The DESTROYER

Edited by SickDripzz

I'm a big fan of Dubstep, really most all forms of electronic music, but Dubstep is a personal favorite. I'm surprised nobody has linked out Joker's Digidesign yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzHOdfSHZgs

The only link you'll ever need again :jump:

http://soundcloud.com/nit-grit/nit-grit-promo-mix-2010

The whole thing is blended perfectly... no need to jump around to find something good. Sit back, grab your vape (and stash for me :)) , and enjoy!

Edited by SickDripzz

The only link you'll ever need again :jump:

http://soundcloud.com/nit-grit/nit-grit-promo-mix-2010

The whole thing is blended perfectly... no need to jump around to find something good. Sit back, grab your vape (and stash for me :)) , and enjoy!

I'll give this stuff one more try, but at work, so later...

I'll give this stuff one more try, but at work, so later...

Something to be established about dubstep music is the high level of diversity in the music itself. Think of the Rock genre for example, I'm sure you can think of how well diversified that genre is. It ranges from slower, more classical tones such as Greatful Dead and Pink Floyd to some of todays Death Metal bands such as As I Lay Dying and Children of Bodom. One would not relate those two types of Rock music to sound much alike, other than that of the basic intrument fundamentals found in the Rock genre. Dubstep diversifies and branches out with the same level of aggression. If you compare the music posted here on this topic: the Swagga vid posted by jeffb and the remix link I posted, compared to what GDub posted by Joker, compared to the NiT GriT tracks I just recently posted, you will find yourself listening to something truely unique from one another, yet still rooting from the same soil.

Listening to a few NiT GriT tracks will further validate this for you ^^

Something to be established about dubstep music is the high level of diversity in the music itself. Think of the Rock genre for example, I'm sure you can think of how well diversified that genre is. It ranges from slower, more classical tones such as Greatful Dead and Pink Floyd to some of todays Death Metal bands such as As I Lay Dying and Children of Bodom. One would not relate those two types of Rock music to sound much alike, other than that of the basic intrument fundamentals found in the Rock genre. Dubstep diversifies and branches out with the same level of aggression. If you compare the music posted here on this topic: the Swagga vid posted by jeffb and the remix link I posted, compared to what GDub posted by Joker, compared to the NiT GriT tracks I just recently posted, you will find yourself listening to something truely unique from one another, yet still rooting from the same soil.

Listening to a few NiT GriT tracks will further validate this for you ^^

I hear ya - and I kind of hear the difference, I just don't like the root, just all sounds like 80s synth music. Kind of like rap did for me as well. I'm sure there was all sorts of diverse types of rap as well, but it was all still just rap.

I'm sure if I listened more I'd get understand it better, but probably still not like it. I'm the kind of person that didn't like grateful dead, styx, journey, yes, but loved the old R&B artists, stones, floyd, who, etc. Just had to have an R&B or blues root (again, not very eclectic).

I hear ya - and I kind of hear the difference, I just don't like the root, just all sounds like 80s synth music. Kind of like rap did for me as well. I'm sure there was all sorts of diverse types of rap as well, but it was all still just rap.

I'm sure if I listened more I'd get understand it better, but probably still not like it. I'm the kind of person that didn't like grateful dead, styx, journey, yes, but loved the old R&B artists, stones, floyd, who, etc. Just had to have an R&B or blues root (again, not very eclectic).

And I hear you. Everyone has their personal take on music, and I'll be the first to tell you that Dubstep is not for everyone. There is no other music that can be truely related to Dubstep since the core components that make up Dubstep aren't found in other genres of music. The wobble wobble and wub wubs are truely unique to the Dubstep genre, making it an entirely new genre of music. Actually, when I first listened to Dubstep, I loled in its face :hrhr:. I also listened to some really bad dubstep my first few times... Fortunately all the music that I have displayed here is all 8/10+ in my book. Dubstep did have to grow on me, accepting a new type of music is a huge feat to some people... Some people simply cannot get away from the traditional music they are used to (traditional meaning whatever it is they like) and accept new tones of music to their ears.

Dubstep is way out there when it comes to experimental music (it being the newest distinct genre of catigorized music). Consider it near the top of the list; reach your hand into this mixed bag of grimey nuts and bolts and you might just pull out a beautiful flower. It's that kind of thing.

Edited by SickDripzz

Dubstep is a new feature in my life and I'm wondering how I ever lived my life without it. For the past 6 months I have been enjoying Dubstep and now I am working on a few productions. The genre is quite new... has only been around maybe 3 years. Many people have not caught on yet.

Who else here listens to Dubstep music?

Seems like everything hits the east coast last. Never heard of this til today. I listen to everything and there isn't much that I don't like. This kind of sound is definately going into my ipod.

@Mike: I'm glad you are enjoying the wub wub wubs.

Also, it should be known that dubstep is ALL ABOUT THE BASS. Dubstep produces the highest level of bass found in ANY kind of music. Proove me wrong if you disagree.

If you are listening to Dubstep with low quality speakers/low bass or at a low volume, you are not utilizing dubstep for its intended use. You are literally missing the other 50% of the song... Heavy bass is a focal point of Dubstep music, part of the Dubstep genre that not many other genres have.

CRANK THAT SHYYYT UUUUPP!! :dj: