Refilling 510 Cartos

Some of the members here recently got some 510 cartos. I have been using mine for a couple of days.

I tried the "condom" method of re-filling, but found it to be messy. Now I just drip juice directly into the hole on the threaded end.

Has anyone come up with a different method?

I have to say I'm loving these cartos. The flavor and vapor production is great! I may give up dripping. thumbsup.gif

There are two types of 501 cartomizers. Which ones did you get? The lower capacity soft ones or the larger hard ones? smile.gif

I'm not aware of different sizes for the 510 cartos. Do you have a link?

Jeff,

Your's is the larger capicty ones. I have found that dripping into the threaded end works well. Also the condom method works pretty good if you take the condom with the dimple in it and only fill it a little less than half way if carto is dry and fill it from the mouth piece end. Then you need to put both condoms on and let it sit on it's side for a little while. You can even roll it in yours hands a bit to help out.

Im not a big fan of cartos, but ordering some of these next week. Important to remember that all cartos have cheap atomizers, they dont last long.

They're really not supposed to last long. They're designed to be on the go and throw away.

Some of the members here recently got some 510 cartos. I have been using mine for a couple of days.

I tried the "condom" method of re-filling, but found it to be messy. Now I just drip juice directly into the hole on the threaded end.

Has anyone come up with a different method?

I have to say I'm loving these cartos. The flavor and vapor production is great! I may give up dripping. thumbsup.gif

So are there any zero nic cartos?

@Jeffb - where did you get your carto's? Mine are liquidxpress, but I'd like to find some blanks (haven't really looked for any yet). I was going to post this somewhere today... Figure this is a good place for it:

I put on a fresh carto for my drive this moring and then knocked my Spade off the desk. The carto took a direct blow on the hard tile floor. It didn't work very well. I figured this would be a good one to take apart. Just got done playing with it. First, it's black, but that's only because it has a black sticker on it. I took the sticker off and it's almost the same color as the bottom half of the VP2. I cleaned it up a little to get the sticky off and it looks pretty nice like that. Second, I used a small allen key to pry out the cap. What I found is that the caps have been glued in with some type of epoxy, so I had to scrap out glue from the inside of the atty, but it came right out. Definately don't want to put the cap back on as it's got gummy glue on it and it pretty much got mangled taking it out. The GREAT news is that a regular cart fits perfectly if you trim it off below the air vents!

With that, I took the used up carto from yesterday and ripped the cap off, put in about 30 drops of VT TT (could probably hold more), put on one of my flat tip carts, and I'm happily vaping VT TT in a carto on my SB. :> Life is good. I'm still getting some taste of the Honey Flue Cured, but the TT is starting to come through. The two flavors are actually a pretty good mix.

Hey Brian, I got mine from Liquidexpress. Dietsmokes is carrying them now also. I haven't seen any blank 510 cartos yet, but I'm sure they will be available soon.

Yea - cigliteusa has them, and liquidxpress is planning to have them soon.

What flavors did you get?

I got the Honey Flue Cured & Taboo. I love the Honey Flue Cured!! I'm not too keen on the Taboo. :(

Yea - cigliteusa has them, and liquidxpress is planning to have them soon.

What flavors did you get?

Brian do you have a link? All I found at cigliteusa were prefilled. We know that won't work for me... :) But I do like the cartomizer idea.

Brian do you have a link? All I found at cigliteusa were prefilled. We know that won't work for me... :) But I do like the cartomizer idea.

They are now OOS.

And sorry for the bad info. It's litecigusa.net (not cigliteusa).

litecigusa

Edited by Brian

Ohhhhhh sweet.

Yup they're out of stock, but I'm going to leave that tab open and refresh it a couple hundred times a day. I really want to get my hands on some and also try out a 901 atty.

If the flavor of the 510 cartos are anything like the KR808s *and* the VP and TH are like a regular 510, then this will be the ultimate atty imo.

Back in stock!

Order placed. Also got an 801 and 901 atty because I've never actually used one before. My VP PT should arrive in a few hours, so I'll use the adapters I bought to try them out on it.

Also got a regular 510 atty as a test to see if they're any good, b/c $7.95 is a heck of I deal I think.

Brandon I truly think you're giving Brian a run for his money! :D You guys are gonna have to square off someday to see who's the most thorough researcher. Ordinarily I'd say Brian hands down, but ... I dunno. Maybe we can come up with a contest on this somehow. I'm going to think about that today and see if I have anything to donate. Hm. ... devil.gif

Probably before I can make another order, they'll be sold out again, the way Brian's been talking these things up. They sure sound like an ideal solution!

Brandon I truly think you're giving Brian a run for his money!

Ha! Thanks Dave. But really Brian's got the upper hand in that department.

I'm pretty dang excited about these 510 cartos. Even if they don't turn out to be the bees knees, I've got those other attys on the way to try out. I think I'm ready to try a new type of atomizer. These dang 510s in the multi-pack from wicked eliquid are actually ticking me off. They really do seem inferior to the genuine Joye510s I got in my starter kit.

On a sidenote, my purple LED VP PT came in today. Performance is good, but I made the mistake of using one of those wicked 510s on it (so far) and I'm trying to break the darn thing in as quickly as possible. Plus, the LEDs are like ultra dim; no where near the brightness of pics and videos I've seen, so I think they're faulty or maybe the resistors used to bring 5v down to the 2-3v range required for LEDs. I've emailed VaprLife, so we'll see what happens.

These dang 510s in the multi-pack from wicked eliquid are actually ticking me off. They really do seem inferior to the genuine Joye510s I got in my starter kit.

Wow - and I love the gold band jantys from tw...except now I'm digging the low volt atty(?) from nhaler on my spade.

On a sidenote, my purple LED VP PT came in today. Performance is good, but I made the mistake of using one of those wicked 510s on it (so far) and I'm trying to break the darn thing in as quickly as possible. Plus, the LEDs are like ultra dim; no where near the brightness of pics and videos I've seen, so I think they're faulty or maybe the resistors used to bring 5v down to the 2-3v range required for LEDs. I've emailed VaprLife, so we'll see what happens.

Hm. Is the 510 the only thing you've used on your PT? If not, can you try something else? That doesn't sound right and doesn't mirror my experience. I don't know if a faulty atty could cause that, but it's an obvious first check. Which means you will have done it of course. :)

Otherwise, don't worry; I'm confident Jeso will take care of any problems you have. I've had good service from VaprLife. Keep us posted though; device troubles are very frustrating, so just know we're here with a broad shoulder for your woes.

I just ran through a couple TW 510 attys with my multimeter. Here are the results:

#1 Brand new and fresh out of the package (unused) = 3.2ohms

#2 Brand new and fresh out of the package (unused) = 3.3ohms

#3 Been vaping on it since about 10am this morning = 2.8ohms

No where near the 2.2 - 2.5 rating of normal 510s, so it's no wonder they're feeling very powerless.

Hm. Is the 510 the only thing you've used on your PT? If not, can you try something else? That doesn't sound right and doesn't mirror my experience. I don't know if a faulty atty could cause that, but it's an obvious first check.

Yeah Dave, actually I first tested it without an Atty connected at all. The light was still dim. Even tested it on all 4 of my PCs (well technically 3 PCs and one notebook) and also on 2 different AC outlets using the AC adapter. All dim :(

Snubber has a separate post that I've added my experiences to regarding the VP PT. Sorry to get off topic.

Good testing and research Brandon. One of these days you and Brian will have to come over and give me a lesson in testing stuff with my multimeter. Right now it's just a dust collection device. Actually, the cigar box it's in is filling the dust role, but the multimeter is similarly unused. (Not to state the obvious or anything.)

I'll go looking for snubber's post too. That's discouraging but again, I'm confident all will be well in the end. Too bad about the delay though. I like to remind people in moments like this that we're living in an innovation age with e-cigs, so some setbacks should be anticipated. I know that doesn't make vapor, but ... well, it just doesn't make vapor, dang it, does it?! :)

I like to remind people in moments like this that we're living in an innovation age with e-cigs, so some setbacks should be anticipated.

Ya know, you just made a huge point there. That helps put things into perspective.

This is not a huge industry. Yes it's growing, but there are also growing pains to go along with that.

Always something to keep in mind when an issue arises :)