Refilling 510 Cartos

Good to know about the TW atty ohms. I would think at those ohms, they's work pretty well on the PT, but certainly not at 3.7v.

I think the purple may just be a softer color. I have the blue and it's never been very bright either... especially around the holes.

Just FYI - the cartos are pretty darn sweet on the PT! The one I thought was bad ended up working beautifully on the PT. I've also noticed that one that I refilled didn't work very well at 3.7, but does work great on the PT. I'm using a regular 510 cart on the carto's (ripped the lid out to refill). It get's pretty hot on the PT, so be careful if you use it without putting a tip on it.

Brandon - I have no doubt you'll leave me in the dust in no time... I've just been looking longer. You blow me away with your posts. :)

No where near the 2.2 - 2.5 rating of normal 510s, so it's no wonder they're feeling very powerless.

I just tested some of mine bought a few months back, 2.3 or so. These are the gold band attys, right? I just placed the leads on the battery contacts of the atty, right?

Edit to add I did it for one broken in already and one brand new...

Edited by FTJoe

More good news on those 510 cartos Brian, thanks! I'm really looking forward to trying them! :)

So maybe I'm just over reacting about the brightness of the LEDs..... I'll have to sit on it for awhile.

I just tested some of mine bought a few months back, 2.3 or so. These are the gold band attys, right? I just placed the leads on the battery contacts of the atty, right?

Edit to add I did it for one broken in already and one brand new...

Yup, you measured them correctly. 2.3ohms really is where the need to be, but dang if they're just too resistive. They are indeed gold bands, but don't say Joye510 on them, rather they have the Totally Wicked devil face logo on it, and the letters "MP" on the other side. I assume that MP means "multipack" in case someone tries to return them for a refund or exchange etc b/c as you remember, these multi-pack attys have *no* warranty on them. And they don't have the washer in them either. So, it's kind of strange. Maybe I got a bad batch?

Oh well :)

Yup, you measured them correctly. 2.3ohms really is where the need to be, but dang if they're just too resistive. They are indeed gold bands, but don't say Joye510 on them, rather they have the Totally Wicked devil face logo on it, and the letters "MP" on the other side. I assume that MP means "multipack" in case someone tries to return them for a refund or exchange etc b/c as you remember, these multi-pack attys have *no* warranty on them. And they don't have the washer in them either. So, it's kind of strange. Maybe I got a bad batch?

Oh well :)

I think they are supposed to be genuine Janty attys and generally speaking, very good. I would try the TW customer service route and see what they do. One thing to say if you get a dud in a multipack, you're out of luck, quite another if they are all basically duds. I tested by new low resistance ones from nhaler and they are showing 1.6-1.7 which I think is correct. Just wanted to make sure my cheapo multimeter is calibrated and working. I was going to order some more from TW but I'm kind of digging the low-resistance ones. Maybe stock those up and donate my remaining 10 or so TW attys to the missus...

FYI - I bought mine during the 30% off sale, regular buying orgy it was, beginning of December I believe. So far they've all been excellent (I did have one bum mega battery (sniff).

Edited by FTJoe

I think they are supposed to be genuine Janty attys and generally speaking, very good. I would try the TW customer service route and see what they do. One thing to say if you get a dud in a multipack, you're out of luck, quite another if they are all basically duds. I tested by new low resistance ones from nhaler and they are showing 1.6-1.7 which I think is correct. Just wanted to make sure my cheapo multimeter is calibrated and working. I was going to order some more from TW but I'm kind of digging the low-resistance ones. Maybe stock those up and donate my remaining 10 or so TW attys to the missus...

FYI - I bought mine during the 30% off sale, regular buying orgy it was, beginning of December I believe. So far they've all been excellent (I did have one bum mega battery (sniff).

Sounds like we have a magnum atty covert! Yay! :)

Both of my Magnum's measured 1.5 exactly.

I had read elsewhere about mixed results with TW atty's. Some people were saying it was hit and miss. I've never said anything about it because I know FTJoe has always had good results with them.

Both of my Magnum's measured 1.5 exactly.

I had read elsewhere about mixed results with TW atty's. Some people were saying it was hit and miss. I've never said anything about it because I know FTJoe has always had good results with them.

I guess I'll stop recommending or at least do so with a warning...