Does This Video Not Sit With You Right Or Is It Just Me?

Luke

Xhaler 02 "ad"?

This guy picks up a e-cig $20.00 from 7-11 and was a non smoker. The things that stood out in my mind were "I never smoked a day in my life" and "I could become a smoker" That disturbed me as someone that smoked analogs for so long and took alot of work to switch/quit! Is it just me?

Luke.

Now that was just weird. And no, it's not just you, Luke. Why in the world would someone his age want to become a smoker. Besides if you vape, you're not a smoker. And...never mind. It's just weird.

I'm sure the guy meant no harm by the video. He was just trying to be funny. He just doesn't understand the struggle we are going through to keep these things available to those of us already hooked on the drug. I left a nice comment inviting him to join us here so we can explain the problem with the video. He looks like a pretty "civil disobediance" type of dude, so maybe we can win him over! :thumbsup:

I took a few minutes to detach myself from the fact that I'm an ex-smoker that struggled with an addiction for 10yrs and found myself thinking the following:

I actually have no problem with the idea of a non-smoker wanting to try vaping.

The reason for that is the fact that I know, just as you all do too, that vaping is so much healthier than smoking. I don't like the idea of a non-smoker using nicotine juice though; and I'm sure that prefilled cart was NOT a zero nic cart. So, in that sense I don't think it's a good idea.

But I don't know the guy. Perhaps he used other nicotine items such as dip or snuff (you never know). Or perhaps he wanted to try vaping to ween himself off some other addiction and replace it with something more healthy, less expensive, etc. Or maybe he just wanted to try it for the simple act of trying something that's relatively unknown.

No matter the reason, I don't have a problem with him trying vaping. But, the video itself may or may not be helpful to keeping VPs legal. On the one hand you have a non-smoker using this device and is not totally disgusted by it like someone would with an analog (yay for our side!). On the other hand you have a non-smoker attracted to using nicotine (that's yay for the FDA!). So it's a mixed bag.

In either case, I do like his glasses.

EDIT: I just looked up the book he wrote "Random Obsessions", and trying a VP actually seems right up his alley. Not a book about addictions as it sounds, but rather interesting facts, rare and uncommon knowledge.

2nd EDIT: He didn't inhale. Okay I'm stepping away from this now.

Edited by Brandon

Sorry...to me that's just stupid!!! Why would you want to if you have never been a smoker?

Besides, this just adds fuel to the FDA's point about e-cigs causing non-smokers to start. Just plain stupid.

Sorry...to me that's just stupid!!! Why would you want to if you have never been a smoker?

Besides, this just adds fuel to the FDA's point about e-cigs causing non-smokers to start. Just plain stupid.

agreed. :thumbsdown:

While I agree getting addicted to vapor after being a non-smoker is taboo, does anyone remember or seem to forget why there are 0mg. fluid out there? If this guy was to use the NONICO fluid he won't have a resulting "addiction"....

I think you hit the nail on the head! The FDA Loves this kind of stuff!

I posted a comment.

"Ecigs are meant as an alternative to smoking. Please do not promote them as something for non-smoker to use. Nicotine addiction is not something to promote. I smoked for 20 years and was able to quit by using ecigs. Please do not use an ecig if you don't already smoke."

I got a pv to help me stop smoking joints . Zero nicotine .

For me smoking / vaping is about flavor . I like the taste and smell of pot . And I like the taste and smell of all this vapor .

To me tho the idea of a non smoker moving over to real cigarettes after getting hooked on vaping is just plain ludicrous , because if you aren't already hooked on cigarettes then you won't like them they really are horrible , vaping is clean safe and tastes good .

Vaping is like the exact opposite of smoking cigarettes .

The only way I could see it happen would be this , a non smoker starts vaping on nicotine juice and gets addicted to the nicotine , then the e-cigs get taken off the market and you can't get the juice you need . Even this seems not possible simply because smoke makes you choke .

The only reason people went for real cigs in the first place was because they were the only thing leagal to smoke on the market .

I live in bc and pot is really easy to get aswell so if you want to smoke there are 2 choices essentially. I chose pot , and now I've chosen the e-cig over the pot

Edited by Steve32

I got a pv to help me stop smoking joints . Zero nicotine .

For me smoking / vaping is about flavor . I like the taste and smell of pot . And I like the taste and smell of all this vapor .

To me tho the idea of a non smoker moving over to real cigarettes after getting hooked on vaping is just plain ludicrous , because if you aren't already hooked on cigarettes then you won't like them they really are horrible , vaping is clean safe and tastes good .

Vaping is like the exact opposite of smoking cigarettes .

The only way I could see it happen would be this , a non smoker starts vaping on nicotine juice and gets addicted to the nicotine , then the e-cigs get taken off the market and you can't get the juice you need . Even this seems not possible simply because smoke makes you choke .

The only reason people went for real cigs in the first place was because they were the only thing leagal to smoke on the market .

I live in bc and pot is really easy to get aswell so if you want to smoke there are 2 choices essentially. I chose pot , and now I've chosen the e-cig over the pot

I have to disagree to some extent. Like any addiction, there is a pavlovian component. The brain knows when you smoke, you also get something that makes you feel good. When you are stressed, you want to smoke because you know it it will being you something that feels good. When you vape, even 0, your brain is satisfied by the action because it has connected the act to getting the "good stuff", nic or THC, doesn't matter. This is an alternative, should never be a choice. IMHO

I don't think people smoke out of some desire to do so, they do it because it was cool at the time. Then you find, well, you really can't stop.

Vaping is not the exact opposite of smoking, it is the lessor of two evils (I use that word loosely). We also do not know its safe, we certainly hope so, and we are pretty well convinced even if its not, its safer than smoking, certainly smoking cigarettes. But much of the juice comes from China, they put poison in dog and cat food and baby milk. I'm a trusting person, but only so far...

I know, I paint a gloomy picture, but that's my point, we need to be aware and vigilant.

Do you remember when you first started smoking ?

Smoking a cigarette is difficult , your lungs reject the smoke , only after many many smokes you "learn" how to smoke cigarettes I still can't do it and never started up smoking cigarettes .

Vaping is easy , doesn't hurt . Moving to cigarettes wouldn't be nice .

I agree that vaping is an "alternative" to smoking. It is an alternative to people that already smoke and an alternative for people that want to smoke. Thousands of people begin smoking everyday. I would prefer they begin vaping rather than smoking analogs. Of course the best path to take is not to smoke or vape, but lets be realistic people are gonna start smoking so why not vape instead.

This video doesn't sit well with me at all. The end part bothers me the most more then the beginning. Sure he is a nonsmoker, sure he wanted to try it okay. But he makes it sound more appealing by saying "Hey I can smoke and not smell like smoke!" So then it'd be appealing to minors. Hey I can get a friend over the age of 18 to buy me one! Then my parents wont know I smoke and I can do it at school ect. Red flag right there!

Then the writing better. How does vaping or smoking make you write better? As I don't think I've ever had those effects!

All in all I don't think the video was the best idea.

Vaping is easy , doesn't hurt . Moving to cigarettes wouldn't be nice .

Not always the case. Many new vapers report difficulty inhaling in the beginning. I do remember when I started smoking, and didn't have much trouble with it.