Magnum 510 Atty & Drip-Tips From Nhaler

Brian

My first impression - WOW.

I ordered some Magnum 510 atty's and drip tips on Wednesday evening and received them this morning.

Magnum 510 Atty:

If you read ddave's review, I agree with most everything he said. I checked the ohms on this and it measured exactly at 1.5 ohms so it should generate about 9 watts at 3.7v. For comparison, the regular 510 atty (2.2 ohms) generates about 6 watts at 3.7v and about 11 watts at 5v. The 801/302 generates about 4 watts at 3.7v and 8 watts at 5v.

The vapor production and throat hit are awesome! I started off with some 24mg VT TT and got a killer throat hit. Then I switched to some 18mg Mr. Bean from liquidxpress and still got a great throat hit. This atty is truly amazing. The one thing I see different from ddave is on the flavor. On both of the juices I've tried I find that the flavor is incredible - better than my regular atty at 3.7v or my 302 at 5v. Seriously. The only downside I see right now is that it does burn through the juice! I'm getting 3-4 hits from 3 drops. However, that's pretty normal for what I get at 5V.

Final thoughts - as Dave said - I'll reserve final judgment until I see how long one lasts. For now, I'm just going to enjoy it!!! This may have been exactly what I've been looking for in considering all the voltage and HV atty options.

Drip-Tips:

I love the drip tips! My first thought was that the hole was to narrow and the juice would build up inside and I'd eventually get juiced. However, when putting in the first drops it actually looks like the tip "sucks" the juice down. The material must be so smooth and slick that the juice just runs right through. I can finally get rid of all the carts I took apart and knocked holes in... I've found an excellent replacement! :thumbsup:

Also - thumbs-up to Nhaler. Ordered on Wednesday night and received my package Saturday morning.

Edited by Brian

Fantastic news Brian, thanks for sharing.

What device are you using them on? I'm curious if the extra current drawn from them would make a big difference in the voltage drop on a smaller battery like a 10440 or a stock battery.

Can't wait to get mine :)

I'm using it on the Silver Bullet. Haven't used the 2400mah battery long enough to really know if it drops the life, but I've estimated that in theory, it should reduce the life by 30% or so. The site recommends it for batteries over 440mah.

Dave's been using it on a VP2 which uses the 14500 900mah batts - same as your BB - and has been getting good life from it.

Edited by Brian

Great review Brian, I'm stoked that you're digging them too. I really think this is a game-changer. I'm a little jealous though -- I ordered some more magnums and a few drip tips, which also shipped Wednesday, but they're not here yet! :( I'm so sad. I'm really looking forward to trying those tips. This could be my perfect setup for the foreseeable future. Looking forward to that package like a little kid. ;)

As to battery life, I really have to say that I have not experienced any noticeable reduction in that regard. I know it's senseless to say I may get longer battery life with these, so I won't say it. No need to blow what little credibility I may have. I might just be vaping less, right? Probably.

Great review Brian, I'm stoked that you're digging them too. I really think this is a game-changer. I'm a little jealous though -- I ordered some more magnums and a few drip tips, which also shipped Wednesday, but they're not here yet! :( I'm so sad. I'm really looking forward to trying those tips. This could be my perfect setup for the foreseeable future. Looking forward to that package like a little kid. ;)

They ship from NJ so I'm closer. :harhar:

Follow up:

Magnum 510 Atty: In my "first impression" review I said that I was getting 3-4 hits of great flavor for every 3 drops of juice. I had assumed that because I got such a crappy burn taste after 3-4 hits that all the juice was pretty much used up. So I add 3 drops, get 3-4 hits and repeat. Well, I ended up with major leakage last night and when I blew the atty out and used a paper towel insert I could not believe how much juice came out. Turns out that you get 3-4 hits of great flavor, but that doesn't use up all the juice. After the 3-4 great hits, you have to take a few hits of the crap burn to use up the juice other wise you'll eventually flood the atty and get a massive leak. On those extra drags I take, I don't inhale. They are really bad. I've heard this is normal for HV vaping, but plan to start another thread on the forum to discuss it. For me, this will be for occasional use, not my everyday atty. I use a 302 on my VP/PT and don't have this problem with the burnt taste (at least not to this magnitude), so I'm thinking you have to stay below the 8-9 watt range to avoid this. I'll certainly be looking forward to everyone's input on this.

Drip-Tips: After using the drip-tip for a little while I started getting juiced. I figured some condensation was building up inside, so I started rolling up a paper towel and inserting in the tip to absorb it out. However, I still kept getting juice in my mouth. When I pulled the tip off I saw that there is a LOT of condensation built up around the base. With the narrow hole on this thing, it easily gets sucked through once enough gets built up. Seem like the only way to avoid getting juiced is to remove the tip and wipe the base off pretty regularly. I suppose if you're going from having to remove the cart constantly to just removing this every now and then, it's a big plus. For me, I'll probably go back to knocking the guts of of the round carts and using my tail pipe mod - I've never been juiced using that.

Follow up:

Magnum 510 Atty: In my "first impression" review I said that I was getting 3-4 hits of great flavor for every 3 drops of juice. I had assumed that because I got such a crappy burn taste after 3-4 hits that all the juice was pretty much used up. So I add 3 drops, get 3-4 hits and repeat. Well, I ended up with major leakage last night and when I blew the atty out and used a paper towel insert I could not believe how much juice came out. Turns out that you get 3-4 hits of great flavor, but that doesn't use up all the juice. After the 3-4 great hits, you have to take a few hits of the crap burn to use up the juice other wise you'll eventually flood the atty and get a massive leak. On those extra drags I take, I don't inhale. They are really bad. I've heard this is normal for HV vaping, but plan to start another thread on the forum to discuss it. For me, this will be for occasional use, not my everyday atty. I use a 302 on my VP/PT and don't have this problem with the burnt taste (at least not to this magnitude), so I'm thinking you have to stay below the 8-9 watt range to avoid this. I'll certainly be looking forward to everyone's input on this.

Drip-Tips: After using the drip-tip for a little while I started getting juiced. I figured some condensation was building up inside, so I started rolling up a paper towel and inserting in the tip to absorb it out. However, I still kept getting juice in my mouth. When I pulled the tip off I saw that there is a LOT of condensation built up around the base. With the narrow hole on this thing, it easily gets sucked through once enough gets built up. Seem like the only way to avoid getting juiced is to remove the tip and wipe the base off pretty regularly. I suppose if you're going from having to remove the cart constantly to just removing this every now and then, it's a big plus. For me, I'll probably go back to knocking the guts of of the round carts and using my tail pipe mod - I've never been juiced using that.

OOOOOh that doesn't sound fun at all!!! I don't drip, I cart, so it might be a little different for me I don't know. (burnt taste on atty anyway) But I think I may wait and see what develops.

Meanwhile I talk way to much... MEGAPOSTER in 3 months. Gawd.

Brian, I have the same experience (burnt juice accumulation, for want of a better term for now), but with pretty much all my attys. This may be because I haven't vaped much at 3.7V for a while, other than going back to it with the magnum atty recently. So perhaps this does have to do with higher wattage? Could be.

Even so, I've been doing this "dry burn" thing for quite some time without really thinking much about it. When I begin to taste that sharp rank juice, I just start hitting the thing hard, like 'hot boxing' an analog, to burn the stuff out. It gets HOT, and I stop when the cloud starts getting hot and 'dry' (to the extent you can define 'dry' vapor). Then I let the atty cool down and it seems to be restored to delivering good flavor again - for a while.

This process has become so automatic for me that I really haven't thought about it much, except to wonder whether it's maybe shortening the life of my attys. I'd thought about bringing that question here, but you saved me the typing (mostly :)), so thanks!

Alas, I've no experience to share regarding the drip tips, as I live much further from NHaler than you do, and mine have not yet been delivered. Sigh. My thought though, is that if I have to remove it to clean up condensation less often than I remove my regular mouthpiece to drip, I'll still be somewhat ahead. I hope that's true. ;)

Dave - I do think you're better off with drip tips than a regular cart. Actually, I'm thinking that the simple answer may just be to "flick" the tip with your finger once in a while. That may be enough to knock off any condensation. I'll be trying that for a while.

I don't have a high voltage solution, but I do have those drip tips from nhaler. They sure beat removing and replacing those regular whistle tips every time you add drops. I was getting juiced too, but what I've been doing to sort of help that was when I put my device down, I lay it on its side. The way I see it, the atomizer gets hot, the juice heats up and thins out, wants to run. By laying it on its side, whatever juice was collected under the heating element starts to come out as well. I use 901s so I make sure the hole on the side is facing up. The warmed juice can touch the drip tip and pull down some of that condensation that was forming around it was well. It all seems to work for me. I might sound crazy right about now by thinking that's whats really happening in the chamber, but I get juiced a lot less when I lay it on its side. Also, every once in a while, when I do get juiced, I run a q-tip down the hole and back up just once to soak up whatever is coming up. Hope this helps.

Hey thanks for the additional info Brian.

Also Tektronik for the little tip about laying it on it's side and using a Q-tip.

On an unrelated note, am I the only one around here that has bought a little trash can for my office and my 'man room' and keeps a roll of toilet paper in each desk? I mean seriously, I blow out my atomizer now at least once a day (sometimes more) and take it off to wipe down the threads really well like 3 times a day. :)

Oh, and this is just with standard 510s. Not even the magnum... Maybe my OCD is getting worse :doctor:

Edited by Brandon

Also Tektronik for the little tip about laying it on it's side and using a Q-tip.

On an unrelated note, am I the only one around here that has bought a little trash can for my office and my 'man room' and keeps a roll of toilet paper in each desk? I mean seriously, I blow out my atomizer now at least once a day (sometimes more) and take it off to wipe down the threads really well like 3 times a day. :)

Oh, and this is just with standard 510s. Not even the magnum... Maybe my OCD is getting worse :doctor:

Trash can, toilet paper roll, hand sanitizer, and one of those little cups that come with cough syrup that's filled to 1.5 tsp of EVERCLEAR pure grain alcohol for some quick cleaning. Oh, and a small can of compressed air to blow out the alcohol-it works real quick! Al of these items are either on my desk of in my vaping tackle box. I spend a lot of time at the computer doing schoolwork when i'm home, so it's all here.

Caution on the q-tip thing. Being the dope I am, I stuck a q-tip through the tip, but with the tip on the atty. It flushed the juice right out of the bottom of the atty and made quite a mess. Was like putting a plunger on it. Just like putting on a cart with your finger over the hole.

Yep, trash can, stack of paper towels, bottle of alchohol. I also saved my big ash tray (was my Dad's old ash tray and is older than I am) and use it to put part in. Mostly a place to put my atty's to drain, but also for carts and stuff that need cleaned. I also have a little glass that I keep q-tips in. :)

And Hey, it's not OCD - it's a "hobby". Duh. :unsure:

Edited by Brian

Man you guys must be OCD or something! :D I just wipe it all off on my t-shirt along with the bacon splatterings and move on.

:D

Okay, just kidding. But man, talk about leaving yourselves wide open! I have little bits of torn paper towel with little piles of draining attys and drying mouthpieces on them, but that's about it. I try to keep all the loose stuff in a little desk organizer thing with a couple of drawers in it; keeps my desk ... well, no. But it does help me find stuff I'm digging through the crap on my desk for. If I've put everything away. Which is sometimes the case.

But I've also collected a bunch of 'larger' stuff like Pyramid tea box, pint of PG, buncha carts, etc that don't fit into any of the other PV-stuff boxes. Going to have to come up with a solution for that one of these days...

My big and exciting score this weekend was a nice Pelican case! Oh man, that bad boy is just sweet. I'd seen one recommended here as a PV carry suggestion, but didn't like the yellow liner of the size that seemed most appropriate for the stuff we carry around. But the sporting goods store had a pretty good selection of small Pelican cases, so I settled for the next size up - with a black liner. Much more my style. And Woodimus fits right in it! ;) Maybe some day I'll get to carry that around again... You think?

Well I've always had a box of kleenex at my desk, because I was coughing a lot all the time and stuffy nose, and other OMG I GOTTA QUIT SMOKING things. Now it gets used for cleaning up atties and stuff. So I'm not saving on the kleenex, but my lungs are way thrilled!

So long story short (what do you MEAN "too late" ?) you are not the only one.

Caution on the q-tip thing. Being the dope I am, I stuck a q-tip through the tip, but with the tip on the atty. It flushed the juice right out of the bottom of the atty and made quite a mess. Was like putting a plunger on it. Just like putting on a cart with your finger over the hole.

Yep, trash can, stack of paper towels, bottle of alchohol. I also saved my big ash tray (was my Dad's old ash tray and is older than I am) and use it to put part in. Mostly a place to put my atty's to drain, but also for carts and stuff that need cleaned. I also have a little glass that I keep q-tips in. :)

And Hey, it's not OCD - it's a "hobby". Duh. :unsure:

I only q-tip it every once in a while, when i hear/feel bubbling right at the hole. If you had that much juice, it probably needed to come out anyway :rofl:

I only q-tip it every once in a while, when i hear/feel bubbling right at the hole. If you had that much juice, it probably needed to come out anyway :rofl:

LOL! No doubt.

I've been flicking it occasionally and that seems to be working. Haven't been juiced in over 5 hours now. :thumbsup:

I just wipe it all off on my t-shirt along with the bacon splatterings and move on.

LOL! Now that's funny :phone:

Well my order didn't come in today, so hopefully tomorrow I'll actually be able to contribute to this thread!

I've been using the drip tips for over a week now on a regular 510 atty and haven't had any problems with the condensation build up. I think it's only an issue on the magnum atty or at high voltages. I've become quite fond of the drip tips now. :thumbsup:

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines