What Happens If A Ban Occurs?

I'm already doin' 0nic 3/4 of the day, most days. :) But, the flavors rock.. the vapor rocks... the joy of the physical action rocks. I really do plan on quitting even the vaping in time, by January actually. But even then, not totally. I want to be a "social" vaper... one that is not addicted to it, but feels free to enjoy it whenever I dang well feel like it. :) So far, though, when I cut back on more than 3/4 of the day, I find myself climbing the walls in hostility. lol.

Thanks for the encouragement and I know I'll get there in time. :)

Not saying you should, but I brought it down so smooth (after a horrible attempt to just go zero), but after I went to zero, it was about two weeks and the triggers started failing. Morning, nope, after a mean, nope, my cube mate pointed out I hadn't gond outside all day, then I realized my brain gave up. Even partying it barely comes out.

Oh - and I think how people are addicted and react to the queues is different as well. So...who knows. Bottom line is this is safe (IMHO), smoking not.

Edited by FTJoe

Oh, I'm sure the inner McGuyver would come out, people would start figuring out how to extract nicotine from other sources, alternative power sources, atty's derived from fog machines or other heating elements. The government starts to ban tomatoes cuz they have small amounts of nicotine and light bulbs for their elements, rants, riots, and petitions ensue (I LOVE petitions Nomen mihi Legio est, quia multi sumus)

I just hope it doesn't happen, the more people are aware the less likely that is. That's why I try to be very polite with my vaping and always friendly to those who ask me about it! And get involved when and where I can.

Edited by Gweetus

I actually think creating SAFE E Liquid would be the hardest thing to do. Creating an atomizer wouldn't be that hard especially with all the talented modders we have on the internets these days. Create E Liquid can be done, but getting it done safely is the key. We know the history behind boot legging and alcohol poisoning.

Saw a video somewhere on how to make juice using SNUS

Here ya go. Actually watched these myself a few days ago.

Don't like that idea? Why not grow your own?

http://www.howtogrowtobacco.com/

http://www.ryomagazine.com/july/review.htm

Or just google it. I was surprised to see how many sites and how much info is dedicated to this.

But Chris does make a good point about making *safe* ejuice. Something to consider.

Well Okay. I've been stocking up base nicotine and soon will have my target two-year supply. Then I'll expand that just a bit more before I go on inventory maintenance. Stocking up base eliminates the flavor dying consideration. This presumes DIY mixing, which I'm really trying to get to a satisfactory level.

I don't think we need worry about device bans; that's not how it works. People still buy other smoking paraphernalia all the time. It's the nicotine that will be banned or regulated.

The snus method doesn't actually extract much nicotine; that's mostly a flavor thing.

I've seriously considered looking into the dry extraction method of deriving pure nicotine. That would probably take a pretty major lab setup, and under a ban might be as illegal as growing contraband, so not sure it'd be worth the risk and effort. (But don't forget, it's legal to distill one's own liquor; perhaps a ban would not prevent personal extraction of nicotine.)

For sure, without a steady supply of nicotine base I'd be back on analogs. That would be a real tragedy, but it's what the lobbyists want. And could get.

The only real hope we have in this regard is visibility and strength in numbers. Let's be sure to be proactive with our legislators -- don't wait for a ban bill to start up and react to that, but let's start writing them now, telling them what a life-saving technology e cigarettes are. Congress makes the laws every other department follows. We have to work with Congress NOW if we want to retain our healthy lifestyle.

Meanwhile, stock up.

If they do not ban the devices then the solution is easy for me. I've already cut my nicotine intake to 12mg and at times I'm vaping zero nic. I feel fairly confident that I could vape zero nic full time now. I have my DIY setup pretty good so I'm good to go with a ban; I won't like it, but I could handle it.

BTW.... IF it starts looking like a ban will be imminent; I think we should have Chris make us up a "Ban Procedural Manual", along with some "emergency kits". :>

Edited by jjinlasvegas

If they do not ban the devices then the solution is easy for me. I've already cut my nicotine intake to 12mg and at times I'm vaping zero nic. I feel fairly confident that I could vape zero nic full time now. I have my DIY setup pretty good so I'm good to go with a ban; I won't like it, but I could handle it.

BTW.... IF it starts looking like a ban will be imminent; I think we should have Chris make us up a "Ban Procedural Manual". :>

LOL - your ban preparedness kit...

IF it starts looking like a ban will be imminent; I think we should have Chris make us up a "Ban Procedural Manual", along with some "emergency kits". :>

Oh that's a fantastic idea! And perhaps why he started this thread? :)

This has been brought up a few times already but we have some new members and I figured it's a good subject. What do you plan to do if in the event a ban ever occurs? Will you keep smoking? Will you go underground? Thought it would be a good subject to start our thursdays

Well, I think I would most defenitely go underground.. The thought of this happening makes me want to get a 200 bottle's of juice stock up and a few extra e-cig's in case of this emergency.. Lol just kidding (kinda) Could they stop people from selling all of it online? :ph34r:

This has been brought up a few times already but we have some new members and I figured it's a good subject. What do you plan to do if in the event a ban ever occurs? Will you keep smoking? Will you go underground? Thought it would be a good subject to start our thursdays

Yeahh if it ever comes down to it, ill be going underground.....and im sure the big tobacco companies are going to do w/e it takes to ban them....so get ready for war guys : :2guns:

Edited by SKEEZA

Well if they are banned and analogs are not...well first I get very upset even thinking about it. My mother used to buy cartons of cigs and since she switched to ecigs she has not gone back. She doesn't even smoke her ecig as much. I would diffently go underground and find ways to get them. People that have smoked for over 20 years then switch to ecigs should not be made to suffer or go back.

I would never go back to smoking analogs!no.gif

I would go underground! rambo.gif

I think there will be a big black market for it!hrhr.gif

I think that if vaping would make me a criminal, then sorry to say you better start booking me in to jail!sleep.gif

I think the kits would be a great idea if it looked like it was imminent!thumbsup.gif

Edited by Joseph

I just started vaping about a month ago and the thought of a ban scares the hell out of me, I never want to go back to analogs EVER.

I definitely would go underground and look to find good supplier of black market PV's, Atomizers, juice or the means to make my own.

lets all hope this never happens.

Fight the power :2guns:

I just started vaping about a month ago and the thought of a ban scares the hell out of me, I never want to go back to analogs EVER.

I definitely would go underground and look to find good supplier of black market PV's, Atomizers, juice or the means to make my own.

lets all hope this never happens.

Fight the power :2guns:

I feel the same way. Finally getting off the analogs after trying so many things. The idea of a ban scares me. I would go underground if I knew how lol

What would I do? Well, I have these grand delusions of molotov cocktails, face-covering bandanas, and revolutionary resistence movements, but truth be told I'd probably just pack my stuff and convince my girl that California is no longer welcoming for enough for us and move east to 'Zona or Nevada or whatever state will keep their corrupt bureaucratic fingers off of my life choices.

I should add that I'd prefer a move north to the Pac NW, but they probably wont be too far behind on the ban and my girl doesn't do cold very well.

Edited by Wreckoncile

i think i would join the underground movement only to rise up to be the evil mastermind that leads the revolt :2guns::laser:

people have experienced what im like when ive tried to quit analogs, i get REALLY bitchy. :angry:

even if im an 'army of one', id would think of something to really piss off the lawmakers into making vaping legal again.

anyone want to join me, ill even take point in the first public vaping on the white house lawn :smoke::thumbsup: