What Happens If A Ban Occurs?

This has been brought up a few times already but we have some new members and I figured it's a good subject. What do you plan to do if in the event a ban ever occurs? Will you keep smoking? Will you go underground? Thought it would be a good subject to start our thursdays

This has been brought up a few times already but we have some new members and I figured it's a good subject. What do you plan to do if in the event a ban ever occurs? Will you keep smoking? Will you go underground? Thought it would be a good subject to start our thursdays

Good topic....It's something that COULD happen if enough people stop giving big tobacco their hard earned cash. I think I'd go underground, I smoked for 20 years (2 packs a day reds) and I haven't smoked since October 09. I attempted once, and I couldn't believe how gross it was. I vape ALOT and I love it more than I ever liked smoking. I feel great, I breathe great, and I am not hurting anyone with the 2nd hand smoke (or smell) Vaping is a great thing. My father recently passed from cancer. He was a 3 pack a day guy for MANY years. By the time he quit it was too late. He WAS however smoke free for 5 years. I know he would've benefited from vaping, but it was a little too late. I firmly believe that vaping now substantially lowered my risk of serious illness (who knows it could happen even to non-smokers)

Sorry for ranting...Short answer....Its underground for me..I will not go to analogs unless absolutely forced.

Eric

I think many of us would do the same thing so long as we could hold out. I always wonder though if enough countries ban it, where will be the market to create it?

I know personally I would vape for as long as I could and if need be, step down my nicotine until I could completely ween of of vaping all together. It's something I would never want to do, but it's something that really could happen at anytime. As I like to say we're all vaping on egg shells.

Sorry to hear about your father Eric, I'm sure that's tough.

Yes I'd go underground too.

Lately I've been thinking about long-term storage of juices and ways to rebuild broken/burnt atomizers. Can you freeze e-juice without it affecting it's "nutritional value"?

.....slight pun on the nutritional thing, but I think you know what i mean :)

I would go underground. With the internet and all the info available, it wouldn't take much to improvise juice and devices. The problem would be atty. But I'm guessing we could get them underground. Where there is a demand, there is going to be a supply.

But I think the first step I would try is just stepping down and quiting all together.

Underground, yep. It would totally suck having to do it, but not as much as going back to being short of breath and hacking all the time.

I'd have to have hubby get all solder happy, but he'd do it, he wuvses me. The attys, just seems like there should be a way to make them if pushed, and I bet folks would figure it out.

I'd much prefer they get some good studies done and hopefully they say vaping rocks and then the ole FDA and crew caint kill us. A lovely dream I have.

Underground if its not expensive, I'm basically quit already. Doing it now just to help with weight loss. I do like it though when tipping a few, so lets call it a weekend, underground (and probably chunky) vaper.

Edited by FTJoe

I've wondered what I'd do if e-cigs were banned.

I'd definitely be vaping on the sly for as long as I could.

But on the long term I'd have to ween myself off nicotine.

I couldn't stand having to get supplies from a dealer like some illegal drug.

It's funny that I've only been vaping since November(2009)but the thought of going back to regular cigarettes is repulsive. I smoked for 22 years!

Please don't ban Electronic cigarettes!

Like others have said, I'd go underground if need be, but I'm so close to being totally nic free, I think I could actually stop altogether.

My problem with just stopping is that I LOVE vaping, just like I used to love smoking, it's an enjoyable and relaxing recreation to me and adds a nice finish to a meal or in the morning with a nice cup of hot coffee.

Bottom line for me, Black market for as long as I still enjoy vaping but NO return to analogs.

(this reminds me, I need to stock WAY up on attys...) :thumbup:

It's underground for me. That's part of the reason I started stocking up the way I did. I admit that I also didn't want to run low on supplies, but I had the thought of a ban in mind, too. A ban was also part of the reason I started going down on my nic levels, too. I can vape pretty much full time at 0 nic, but let the stress levels start going up and I'm back on nic for awhile. At this point, I really don't think I'd have a hard time staying at 0 all the time, but I still have a lot of nic liquid left, so it's easy to go back to it right now. But like was said by others, I just love vaping. It is enjoyable and relaxing and I don't want to give it up. But for me, if I ran out of attys and couldn't get any more - even underground - (which would be the only big thing left if they ban these and I'm at 0 nic), then I would have to give it up. There is no way I could go back to analogs now. I am now one of those annoying ex-smokers who can't even stand the smell of analogs anymore. Literally. Seriously. And I smoked 1 1/2 packs a day for 34 years and LOVED it.

I agree...time to start stocking up some more. My stock it down to 8 510 attys (not counting the ones I'm currently using) and only 3 of the 302 attys (not counting the ones I'm using).

So, my choices are to smoke or go underground? HECK NO!!! I will vape until they throw me in jail!!! OK, maybe not but I'm going to fight hard to make sure none of us or future vapors have to make that decision.

So, my choices are to smoke or go underground? HECK NO!!! I will vape until they throw me in jail!!! OK, maybe not but I'm going to fight hard to make sure none of us or future vapors have to make that decision.

Hell no we won't smoke ... repeat until crowd passes out. . . hehe

Raising my hand for the Underground movement too. I couldn't bear to go back on analogs or even worse to not have anything at all until my system is ready to do so. I know I can't count on willpower/mind over matter to quit. Been there. I (and my family!) thank the Universe every day for my new eGo and all the wonderful ejuice vendors out there in vaporland. If we have to make my own, then so be it.

Hubby already bought the soldering stuff... :) (same $ as 1 carton of cigs).

We're intensely enjoying sharing our $$ with real people. eCigs allows us to stimulate the economy even if it is only a few dollars here, a few dollars there. Analogs didn't let us do s :censored: t

I know I can't count on willpower/mind over matter to quit. Been there.

You might be surprised, I went to 0 nic and then lost the urge to vape. I think my brain was mad at me. Point is I couldn't stop for more than a half day without smoking being the only thing on my mind and all the urges drifted away. Anyway, the only issue with making your own is you pretty much do need to be at 0 nic unless there is some source of nicotine I'm not aware of that's out there. Unless the ban won't include that...

I'm already doin' 0nic 3/4 of the day, most days. :) But, the flavors rock.. the vapor rocks... the joy of the physical action rocks. I really do plan on quitting even the vaping in time, by January actually. But even then, not totally. I want to be a "social" vaper... one that is not addicted to it, but feels free to enjoy it whenever I dang well feel like it. :) So far, though, when I cut back on more than 3/4 of the day, I find myself climbing the walls in hostility. lol.

Thanks for the encouragement and I know I'll get there in time. :)

I would go underground without a second thought.Saw a video somewhere on how to make juice using SNUS.I'm sure someone would figure out how to make an atty and make a video,If they can make it so can I.

Why I might become a juice/atty smuggler!My grandfather made a fortune smuggling booze across the Detroit river during proabation.