I put battery #2 back into Spade -- no power

I put battery #2 into backup charger and charger says battery #2 is not dead

I put battery #3 into Spade -- lots of power and vapor

Spade works for awhile then no lights no power

I put battery #3 in charger and charger says battery not dead

I put battery #3 back into Spade -- no power

I put battery #3 into backup charger and charger says battery #3 not dead

etc, etc, etc,

I have 5 batteries and they all are behaving like this.

If I leave a battery in the charger overnight it seems to hold a charge for a longer period of time.

What is the problem

Are all batteries dead?

Are all 2 chargers dead?

Basically battery is either totally dead or i get 5 minutes vaping time.

Should I be charging for 8+ hours?

Is my Spade dead?

wallbash.gifcensored.gifwallbash.gifcensored.gif

Love to hear all responses, bring 'em on.

Have you cleaned all of the fittings on the Spade? The bottom cap, the atty to battery connection, the battery itself...try to lossen the atty a little. The spade can be a little finicky but I've usually found when I had a problem it was one of these things. Give that a try and then let me know what happens.

Have you cleaned all of the fittings on the Spade? The bottom cap, the atty to battery connection, the battery itself...try to lossen the atty a little. The spade can be a little finicky but I've usually found when I had a problem it was one of these things. Give that a try and then let me know what happens.

Thanks Mark,

I gave the dang thing a total cleaning and still have issues.

I will try the "loosen the atty" and see what happens.

I am at my wits end at the moment. Love Loved my Spade -- now I am packing the old 901 just in case of vaping failure on the Spade.

I appreciate the tips.

....the battery itself...try to lossen the atty a little. The spade can be a little finicky but I've usually found when I had a problem it was one of these things. Give that a try and then let me know what happens.

OH NO!! I loosened and jiggled the att and EUREKA!! That is the problem BUT now it is too loose to vape -- just absolute air coming through. What should I do now!! is there an o-ring bushing or something I can put there to seal the air gap???

Don't know what to do -- please advise!! boohoohoo

thanks

OH NO!! I loosened and jiggled the att and EUREKA!! That is the problem BUT now it is too loose to vape -- just absolute air coming through. What should I do now!! is there an o-ring bushing or something I can put there to seal the air gap???

Don't know what to do -- please advise!! boohoohoo

thanks

Have you been using that atty with an adapter, like on the VP1/VP2 or PT? I had this problem - the center connector on the atty was pushed in from the dimple on the connector. Guess I was screwing the atty/adapter on to tight. I have a couple of atty's that I can't use on my Spade because of this. I've learned not to put them on the VP2 to tight any more. Haven't had any problems since. Like Mark said, you can gently pull the connector out slightly with a paper clip. However, when I was doing this I got impatient and ended up ruining my atty. :wallbash:

I have been using an adapter on my Spade. So you think it is just the atty, cuz I have 15 or so atty's -- let me try a different atty. I will let you know.

All I really appreciate the feedback. In the meantime I put in a ticket with VT cuz this thang is still on warranty so I wanted it documented.

but again I will try a different atty as I may have messed it up with the adapter.

Just a temp fix ,but I have put tape around my 510 and adapter unit that leaks too much air for my taste.

Thanks McQuinn I tried tape on Spade and adapter but get no vapor at all. Unit does light up and I can hear atty craklin' but no vapor.

Okay,

Here's what i did

have

2 adapters (1 never used)

5 batteries (2 totally charged)

2 510 attys

4 901 attys

I tried every possible combination. Not an easy feat and yes very time-consuming.

it is the Spade at fault here.

I did see the adapter guts were pushed in and found the adapter totally comes apart.

used Spade with new adapter with 4 different 901s

used Spade without adapter with 2 510s

got the same results every time

lot's of light, then with a slight twist when the atty or adapter makes contact with Spade -- Voila!! Lights go out. not a thing, no power soon as contact is made. With a slight twist to release the adapter or atty and -- Voila!! Lights go on!!

Gotta be the Spade --- wadaya tink??

• 1 month later...

Okay,

Here's what i did

have

2 adapters (1 never used)

5 batteries (2 totally charged)

2 510 attys

4 901 attys

I tried every possible combination. Not an easy feat and yes very time-consuming.

it is the Spade at fault here.

I did see the adapter guts were pushed in and found the adapter totally comes apart.

used Spade with new adapter with 4 different 901s

used Spade without adapter with 2 510s

got the same results every time

lot's of light, then with a slight twist when the atty or adapter makes contact with Spade -- Voila!! Lights go out. not a thing, no power soon as contact is made. With a slight twist to release the adapter or atty and -- Voila!! Lights go on!!

Gotta be the Spade --- wadaya tink??

Did you ever get your Spade fixed?

Mine died at the worst possible time.

I was down to 2 batts and 1 atty.

Ordered 8 batts from China(3 week delivery)and 6 attys from madvape on 4/16.Spade DIED on 4/19 in the morning(Hate Mondays), attys arrived that afternoon. CRAP!!

Luckily I had a 510 P/T to keep me from buying a pack of analogs.

I'm using that exclusivly right now.

Going to order a Precise From T-Manufacturing tomorrow since I have all those 10440 batts and the Precise is totally mechanical, no parts to fail.

I'll probably send the Spade in for a refurb when I get a chance.

Actually YES I did!! Sent in a help ticket to VT and they forwarded it Jeso and I got a RMA number and mailed it by snail mail. And low and behold in about 7 days it was on my doorstep.

I tried a couple of my batts and only got about 30 mins of quality vape from it. So I ordered new batts from Battery Junction and just got those yesterday and Whoot woo!! So much vape it's like a friggin' fog machine.

My Spade was still under warranty so no cost to me other than a couple of bucks to send to them.

Glad everything is working out! Not sure how I missed this post :)

Sometimes the center poll on the custom units will go bad (under warranty so not an issue) but most of the time those batteries are the real culprit. You just can't find 3.6 volt batteries in the states. China is our only option :(

But battery junction is awesome! Rather than sell the batteries at mark up I just send everyone over to Battery Junction. Win win for everyone :D

Glad everything is working out! Not sure how I missed this post :)

Sometimes the center poll on the custom units will go bad (under warranty so not an issue) but most of the time those batteries are the real culprit. You just can't find 3.6 volt batteries in the states. China is our only option :(

But battery junction is awesome! Rather than sell the batteries at mark up I just send everyone over to Battery Junction. Win win for everyone :D

@Chris-I think if mine was under warranty(Purchased in Dec. 09) it's not anymore.When it quit working, I disassembled it as much as I could to try and fix it myself( :construction: )Bad idea. :censored:

I would like to send it in for a refurbishment if I can, I'll need to know the cost first.

@Chris-I think if mine was under warranty(Purchased in Dec. 09) it's not anymore.When it quit working, I disassembled it as much as I could to try and fix it myself( :construction: )Bad idea. :censored:

I would like to send it in for a refurbishment if I can, I'll need to know the cost first.

Ouch you took it apart! :lol: Jeso will love that lol. Vaprlife offers an out of warranty option. They will repair and refurbish any broken unit for $30. Just purchase the option on their site and send that sucker out. Jeso usually gets the unit fixed pretty quick. He'll also replace any worn out parts. :thumbsup:

Ouch you took it apart! :lol: Jeso will love that lol. Vaprlife offers an out of warranty option. They will repair and refurbish any broken unit for $30. Just purchase the option on their site and send that sucker out. Jeso usually gets the unit fixed pretty quick. He'll also replace any worn out parts. :thumbsup:

Hey, I didn't have any parts left over like I usually do when I work on my wifes car :whistle:

And I can still do multi laser pointing :laser:

But I will send it in for a retrofit as sson as I can.

In the meantime I'm using my 510pt waiting on my Precise from T-Man.

be sure to give a review on Precise. The more the better, always good to see many viewpoints.

Spade packed and ready to ship off for a retrofit. Now I just need some money.

Got the Precise yesterday and will make my attempt at a review after a week.

1st impression though is- GAWD, This thing is GORGEOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spade packed and ready to ship off for a retrofit. Now I just need some money.

Got the Precise yesterday and will make my attempt at a review after a week.

1st impression though is- GAWD, This thing is GORGEOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the review Ray. Please include pics. :)

I'll contact Jeso, but wondering if its worth sending mine out as well. Been behaving oddly lately, cleaned the contacts but even after an hour or so all of a sudden, no lights, vapor, nothing. I think it might actually be the switch. Problem is I accidentally unscrewed the connection by the switch and the little wire disconnected. Soldered back on and then did it again. So I've been pretty rough with it (hence the question if there were more to be had).

Also, are these the batteries?

Edited by FTJoe

Those are the correct batteries.

Wonder if its the charger. Using the one I got with the indulgence which I think is this.

The one I got with the spade was misplaced by someone. I bought this to replace it but was lazy and using the indulgence one. hmmm...

How old are the batteries? I've got a few that just don't seem to hold a charge very long any more. They're about 4 months old now and have been used pretty heavily. On the other hand, you could have a short.

I bought this and 8 extra 10440 batteries.( 2 days before the Spade died)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4151

It works good but I think I'm going to add some solder to the contact points just make it easier to set the batteries. :construction:

Takes a little while but the price is worth the wait

Edited by Ray

How old are the batteries?

Ummmmm - original? Got the spade at the beginning December. So I'll probably order 4 batteries and rotate them. The $30 refresh of the spade looks like a good deal. I can even change the lights!!