Nhaler 8-Watt 510 "magnum" Atty First Impression

It's a crying shame that these are not yet available at NHaler's site. The one I'm testing came with my Phidius Woodimus device, though I'm using it on my VP2 presently.

This is billed as a "5V simulated" experience at 3.7V. I concur. Admittedly I had my doubts going in, and I really hate breaking in new attys, so I put it off initially. Wish I hadn't! Besides looking really cool in stainless steel on the VP2, the thing really puts out. First impressions:

Vapor Production

When broken in, kicks heinie. If you've vaped a 510 at 5V, for example on your VP PT, you already know what the Magnum atty is like at 3.7V. It creates a great deal of warm vapor right out of the chute but after vaping 20 or 30 hits off it I got a fully broken-in unit that has never failed to deliver huge plumes. Some people don't appreciate warm vapor; I should say this doesn't seem any different from a standard 510 at 5V in that regard.

Flavor

Hm. Still tends to overpower flavor a bit like your standard 510 does at 5V. I was honestly hoping that wouldn't be the case, but there you have it. It pays to keep it fairly wet, which lessens its harshness. Boosting the proportion of flavor in your e liquid will help to restore some flavor to the 5V experience (and the Magnum experience).

Throat Hit

Truly works as advertised. I've been vaping standard PG liquids in this atty and getting truly raucous TH. No complaints or surprises.

In my opinion so far I'd say this is about as close as I've come to getting the sensation of smoking from an e cig (other than Woodimus at 6V, but that's another story). Of course I don't yet know how long it will last, whether it will have the same longevity of other 510s or tend to die more quickly. That remains to be learned. I have high hopes for it though; it really feels like a quality atomizer and it truly performs as advertised. This is a worthwhile and recommended innovation in my book.

Hopefully these will become generally available soon (and I hope I notice that before everyone else does so I can get in line quickly enough ;)) at a reasonable price.

Thanks for the review Dave! I'm looking forward to trying one of those atty's! Wonder if this is something he had specially made, or if it will be available wide-spread soon???

OMG this is so sweet. Thanks for the review Dave. Also can't wait to see your review of the woodimus. Any chance to see some pics of it in your hand? I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the size.

Great news about that atty. It's really exciting, and if they are available through other vendors in the future as well, it could bridge the gap for folks not wanting to take the plunge into multi-battery mods, or just otherwise unsure of where to start (myself included).

Honestly folks, I don't see how this wouldn't become the 'standard' 510 atty - and the technological approach for all attys going forward. I think it's a game-changer.

Brandon I'll try to get some pics up of woodimus today.

OMG this is so sweet. Thanks for the review Dave. Also can't wait to see your review of the woodimus. Any chance to see some pics of it in your hand? I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the size.

Great news about that atty. It's really exciting, and if they are available through other vendors in the future as well, it could bridge the gap for folks not wanting to take the plunge into multi-battery mods, or just otherwise unsure of where to start (myself included).

Here's a vid review which should help you see the size better.

My link

Hey Dave, I just got back from Vapefest (I really need to get some sleep)--I met Drew from nhaler and he's a really good guy. I'll put up a post after I get a little sleep and let everyone know about some of the new products and legislation that's going on, But that atty really does kick some butt.

Thanks for the link Brian. I should have known it would be Damulta, he's always got the latest stuff. I kinda like how he reviews stuff, b/c he's certainly not careful with things :) See how he was kind of tossing it around and fumbling with it? I'm OCD careful with all my toys, so it's good to see reviews of folks actually putting devices through their paces... I don't know, it just caught me funny for some reason.

And holy crap, I've *got* to have one of those atomizers! Did you see all that vapor and how quickly it churned out?!?! Daaaaaannnnggg...... gotta... have it....

Dave, looking forward to those pics.

Mark I'm really looking forward to hearing your report!

Same here Mark!

• 3 weeks later...

You know Brandon I was just kind of skimming back through this thread and I saw that I'd promised to take some pics of Phidias Woodimus. All the excitement has kind of died down but I will get the pics for you. I promise! :)

By the way -- I'm sure I haven't mentioned this before -- that magnum atty absolutely rocks. I've hardly used anything else since I got the first one. I did kill one using it at 5V, and another one died on me but the one I'm currently using is going strong. It's been my sole vape for about two weeks now I think. Not a great test but suggests at least that they don't die immediately.

Edited by ddavelarsen

You know Brandon I was just kind of skimming back through this thread and I saw that I'd promised to take some pics of Phidias Woodimus. All the excitement has kind of died down but I will get the pics for you. I promise! :)

By the way -- I'm sure I haven't mentioned this before -- that magnum atty absolutely rocks. I've hardly used anything else since I got the first one. I did kill one using it at 5V, and another one died on me but the one I'm currently using is going strong. It's been my sole vape for about two weeks now I think. Not a great test but suggests at least that they don't die immediately.

Hmmm. Sure would like to see a vid of that Woodimus. :whistle:

All the excitement has kind of died down but I will get the pics

Sweet! Still wanna see them.

Yes, I totally love these magnums. I'm very very impressed. I bought 4, but have only used 1 in fear of popping one just like you did :) When I got my VP PT though, I've not touched it since. Not because I think the VP PT performs better, but b/c I've been liking the fact that I can use some regular ole 510s on the passthrough and get dang near the same experience. Plus, these KR808 cartos are really something special at 5v. Very impressive imo. "Kent's" juice from WordUpEcig in a Kr808 at 5v last night kicked my butt. Was the closest experience to the taste of a burning analog cigarette I've had since I started vaping. And as you would expect, it was repulsive (but on a normal 510 atty, I like it). My wife on the other hand liked it, but she's still smoking. Funky stuff eh?

For now, the other 3 magnums will remain in their plastic, and the 4th one has already been soaked in vinegar for a few hours, washed, and dried to wait for a good long trip into town.

Next up, I'll be playing with the 510 cartos I got today, and then maybe the 801 and 901 attys too.

EDIT: hmmm.... the 801 atty I got won't fit on my VP PT.... But that's another thread I guess.

Edited by Brandon

It's a crying shame that these are not yet available at NHaler's site. The one I'm testing came with my Phidius Woodimus device, though I'm using it on my VP2 presently.

This is billed as a "5V simulated" experience at 3.7V. I concur. Admittedly I had my doubts going in, and I really hate breaking in new attys, so I put it off initially. Wish I hadn't! Besides looking really cool in stainless steel on the VP2, the thing really puts out. First impressions:

Vapor Production

When broken in, kicks heinie. If you've vaped a 510 at 5V, for example on your VP PT, you already know what the Magnum atty is like at 3.7V. It creates a great deal of warm vapor right out of the chute but after vaping 20 or 30 hits off it I got a fully broken-in unit that has never failed to deliver huge plumes. Some people don't appreciate warm vapor; I should say this doesn't seem any different from a standard 510 at 5V in that regard.

Flavor

Hm. Still tends to overpower flavor a bit like your standard 510 does at 5V. I was honestly hoping that wouldn't be the case, but there you have it. It pays to keep it fairly wet, which lessens its harshness. Boosting the proportion of flavor in your e liquid will help to restore some flavor to the 5V experience (and the Magnum experience).

Throat Hit

Truly works as advertised. I've been vaping standard PG liquids in this atty and getting truly raucous TH. No complaints or surprises.

In my opinion so far I'd say this is about as close as I've come to getting the sensation of smoking from an e cig (other than Woodimus at 6V, but that's another story). Of course I don't yet know how long it will last, whether it will have the same longevity of other 510s or tend to die more quickly. That remains to be learned. I have high hopes for it though; it really feels like a quality atomizer and it truly performs as advertised. This is a worthwhile and recommended innovation in my book.

Hopefully these will become generally available soon (and I hope I notice that before everyone else does so I can get in line quickly enough wink.gif) at a reasonable price.

Hi Dave,

First.. Great review and I just want to add..

If you or anyone who has or is getting the LR atty, Use it on an eGo.. You need to try it out as its the BOMB!!!

I never thought I would like the HV thing but this atty has changed my mind. Its better and I don't lose any flavor.. All the juice I now make and a lot that I have left over all taste great with this atty and on the eGo.. That cone helps it out tremendously.. Less time to hit it and lots more vapor!!

Again, great job on the review Dave..

BTW, where are the pic's of the Woodimus??whistle.gifdribble.gifclap.gif

Hi Stu, thanks! I am so bad! I 'promise' to take pics of Woodimus today; really! Also, my friend nana hasn't tried the LR attys on her eGo yet so I'll let her know your experience. I've been pushing these bad boys at every opportunity, and honestly haven't used anything else since I got the first one. I'm using them on my VP2 and totally happy. thumbsup.gif

The only reason I haven't tried them yet is that I can't get my hands on any. Just when I thought I could pre-order some from TW, it said sold out. I'll keep watching and checking though and will jump on them as soon as they are available again.

The only reason I haven't tried them yet is that I can't get my hands on any. Just when I thought I could pre-order some from TW, it said sold out. I'll keep watching and checking though and will jump on them as soon as they are available again.

That's the spirit! thumbsup.gif

Sorry Nana but you know me---I think I ordered the last 10 low res attys last night..... :innocent:

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines