My Mod Collection

mcquinn

gallery_1674_31_20491.jpg

They are all 3.7 volts two of the boxes have two 10440 batteries in parralel and the other two have one.The 3/4 copper pipe one will us one 18650 ,I have to order it and cut the pipe down after I find out how long it needs to be.The Kissbox passthrough has a DSE 901 atty on it and the box has a Joye 302 on it for scale.

Fantastic collection McQuinn! I love the simplicity of the boxes, but I think that copper pipe mod is super sexy. Do you have any construction photos, details, blog entries, etc? I'd like to see how you did it and also know where you got the battery spring.

Also, could you let us know how it handles and performs once you get your battery?

I've got to get busy learning how to make my own too... I don't trust the future

My thoughts exactly. But I wonder about atomizers and liquid. I suppose somehow they could be picked up from the black-market, but there are tons of issues with that.

Thanks McQuinn, this is an inspiration. Perhaps one day I'll give that copper pipe a shot if you have success with it.

After you get done with one you think of something you wished you did different,and they are so inexpensive to build there is no reason not to have another go.

lmao, no kidding, once you get everything you need to make it, it is pretty cheap. If you dont have soldering iron, epoxy putty, solder and a few other things then your first build can get a little high but very well worth the money spent and each build after cost pennys. i also got a charger that will charge a wide variety of batterys so no matter what I use I can charge within reason.

mcquinn, if you dont mind my asking, how did you go about making the usb passthru and are yours 3.7v or 5v

He explains a little in post #12 in this THREAD.. I'm sure he'll get back to you though. I haven't made any PT's yet.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/gallery/image/387-18650-2400-mah-battery/

The one in the middle is a 10440 battery the 18650's are 2400mAh and will go all day,I haven't tried to run one down yet to see how long they will go but it sure offsets the size of the mod.

mcquinn, if you dont mind my asking, how did you go about making the usb passthru and are yours 3.7v or 5v

The device has nothing to do with the volts. It's all about how much current (amps/power supply) is available to power it and the atty used and it's resistance (ohms). That's also the reason '510' is such a useless term. The knock-offs look the same, they don't perform the same.

A 1.5A Kensinton power pack will run a SLB/DSE 510 at about 4.7V, but will only run a real Joye at at about 3.3V.

The supply voltage is going to determine how many amps will be pushed through the device.

If you have an unlimited power source (such as a powersupply or wallwart), but yet a low voltage, you're not accomplishing much. You can't force more current through a circuit than the resistance (and thus voltage needed to overcome it) allows.

So yes, voltage does matter. Without voltage, you have no current flow.

Sorry I missed this Jambone.

A passthrough at 5 volts is nothing more than an atty adapter which you can buy from MadVapes or other places or I get mine by dismantling an old dead stock battery ,a switch again MadVapes or Radio Shack and a usb cord ,I cut up a usb extension cord or you can dismantle any old usb device like a mouse.Finally you need a housing to hold it together.You can use anything from one of the battery boxes from MadVapes or Radio Shack ,I use car cell phone chargers which I get from Goodwill or you could even mold one from the epoxy putty like they advertise on tv and is available from most hardware or lumber comapnies.The red and black wires in the usb cord are the ones you need to use .I put a 4.8 ohm resistor inline on mine to bring them down to around 4 volts as 5 volts is too harsh for me.You need to have a soldering iron and maybe a volt meter/ohmeter .Sorry I am not much of a technical writer ,hope this helps.There are more detailed posts wit pictures on some of the forums maybe even this one.

• 2 weeks later...