The Ego Has Landed

Got home from Sam's Club, and there it was. :)

Even with all the pictures I've seen, it is STILL smaller than expected. One battery went right on the charger, and the other one - did I WAIT til I could charge it? OF COURSE NOT. That would be way too patient for the likes of me.

I had gotten a sample bottle of RY4 and liked it, but the RY4 cartridges seem strong on the EGO. So I took the empty cart and made a menthol one, and that vapes nice.

Once the other battery is charged I'll make sure it all works happy, but so far, everything is doing just as it should.

I'm glad I have some more 24mg menthol coming in tho, because all I have left is the 36 (I bought to cut with) and that makes me dizzy in the EGO.

I also like the TH on the EGO (TH is Throat Hit for the noobies) I'm sure by tomorrow I'll have tried some of my other flavors as well.

The reviews were right on though, feels nice in the hand. I'm used to the DSE901 carts, so the round 501s are different, but not horrible. Feels more like a real cigarette, but that part hadn't been an issue :)

This is not a review it's a happy dance, so I thought GENERAL E Smoking was the place to put it.... You admin types can move it if I am wrong, I don't mind. :)

Hope you enjoy it! I got one a couple of days ago and I'm loving it.

The battery I put on the charger only took an hour. So I figure it was half charged by comparing what the manual said.

I'm vaping more than usual, which is probably why the 36 is feeling strong. :) New toys ya know. I get as much TH on this as I do my little DSE passthrough which is GOOD since the PT doesn't like to turn OFF lately. When I am using it I just unplug it after every puff. The blue light doesn't always tell me it's still on. I'll replace it eventually, but if this EGO is as good as it feels like I may wait until I can get a stronger PT LOL.

The only reason I got a PT to begin with was because the little batteries need changin every hour on the hour (Not even that if I'm stressed)

So far I'm quite happy.

THANKS PARKED! I just have to remember quit doing UPS out of that knee jerk reaction I seem to have when given choices LOL. It was in Nashville in the Wee hours of Saturday. They don't deliver on Saturdays though (big frown) so I had to wait til today. Poor me. :dribble:

Rock on! I love mine. It's just so "classy" looking. The only bummer is the little sack isn't that great for hawling it around so I got a cheap cell phone case and it's perfect! You can leave the atty sticking out so it doesn't get crunched.

Rock on! I love mine. It's just so "classy" looking. The only bummer is the little sack isn't that great for hawling it around so I got a cheap cell phone case and it's perfect! You can leave the atty sticking out so it doesn't get crunched.

I actually have a camera case. Same sort of thing. I'm thinking I may sew some loops in it to hold my toys in place, and apart, but so far I just wrap them in tissue. :)

It did dawn on me that the RY4 was tried right outta the box, I mighta been tasting the PRIMER. So I may try those carts again.

Also picked up some blue foam while I was out, so have been trying that, but as a whole filler, not as a plug. (Lazy me) But so far I've not had to fill it since the initial fill and nothing has flooded. :)

Hi TJ, I'm glad yopu finally got your eGo. I know you will continue to love it. :)

Been vapin me toes off for 4.5 hours so far lol. I wonder if I'll find my toes in the mornin

Teri Jo- Congrats on getting your Ego. I know you will love yours as much as I do mine. I got mine on Valentines and even with a couple bad battery exchanges its still my favorite pv. It just looks so sweet/sleek. I also know what you mean about UPS. I had mine shipped overnight via UPS on a friday morning-didn't come till Monday even though we have saturday deleviry where I live. Then when he did deliver it, he threw it at the bottom of my porch instead of handing it to me with my hand reached out-what a butt. I use priority mail when given a choice. Enjoy your new baby ego.Jen

AHHHHHHHH yes. So I've been using this battery since 5:25 by the clock and so far vaping on :)) Even if it had only lasted me 5 hours (manual says 5-10) I'd have been thrilled.

I want an analog before bed.. that's the hardest trigger - but I've not had one since 1PM without a whole lot of thinking about it. Better than I've done to date. The 1PM til I got home to the Ego I was out shopping, and had my trusty DSE... used 2 batteries, but I didn't take any analogs with me. I usually have them along just in case they die on me, but I figured if I went thru all 3 batteries by the time I got home, I wouldn't be in OMG GIMME SOMETHING mode yet anyway. LOL

So yes I am very happy with my purchase thus far. The flavors are a bit harsher on this, but that is actually a good thing, because I've been thinking all alone that it was mostly TH that was keeping me smoking a few analogs a day.

So by my clock At 1AM I'll have gone 12 hours with no tar baby. So I figure I'll tell myself to wait until then, and if I'm lucky I'll forget about it. LOL If not, I'll have one and THEN forget about it.

I tested the spare atty I ordered too to make sure it got heat, so happily I won't have to send anything back to Parked for replacement. DOA always sucks don't it? LOL

So there ya go.... first half day with the Ego

Hi Teri, I've seen references to this thread all over the place wink.gif and I just wanted to offer my own congratulations. It's always great to hear someone's enthusiasm for their new toys. Enjoy and vape on!

Edited by ddavelarsen

So by my clock At 1AM I'll have gone 12 hours with no tar baby. So I figure I'll tell myself to wait until then, and if I'm lucky I'll forget about it. LOL If not, I'll have one and THEN forget about it.

Nice - no worries on having an analogue. Too many folks look at it as a failure and get discouraged. I figure one less analogue is good, anything after that is gravy. Goal is none, but I firmly believe it shouldn't be stressful trying to get there. One part of the story struck home. I went out on a Friday night in the beginning without analogues I felt so comfortable vaping right from the start. My wife asked for a cig because she smokes when she drinks. She was shocked and a little upset I left them home, but was okay vaping along with me. Point is, do the going out without analogues, worse comes to worse, in the event of a total failure, you can buy a pack. But I think the brain is less likely to tell you to have one, if they aren't there and a good substitute is. For me I smoked the remaining couple of cigs I had the next day (because I paid for them) and never bought another pack again. If they were in the house, I'd probably smoke one, so my point is when (and if) you are ready, it helps if they aren't there.

Nice - no worries on having an analogue. Too many folks look at it as a failure and get discouraged. I figure one less analogue is good, anything after that is gravy. Goal is none, but I firmly believe it shouldn't be stressful trying to get there. One part of the story struck home. I went out on a Friday night in the beginning without analogues I felt so comfortable vaping right from the start. My wife asked for a cig because she smokes when she drinks. She was shocked and a little upset I left them home, but was okay vaping along with me. Point is, do the going out without analogues, worse comes to worse, in the event of a total failure, you can buy a pack. But I think the brain is less likely to tell you to have one, if they aren't there and a good substitute is. For me I smoked the remaining couple of cigs I had the next day (because I paid for them) and never bought another pack again. If they were in the house, I'd probably smoke one, so my point is when (and if) you are ready, it helps if they aren't there.

I just know if I am fussin too much about having a cig I'm GONNA have a cig, so I might as well have one and be done rather than jump and jive. Was 2:30 AM when I went and had one.. made me dizzy as heck too rofl.

Then this morning habit took me out with one...3 drags and then i was like WAIT WAIT my TOY is waiting! My cat just looked at me like....hey I hadn't even gotten to meowing cuz yer pokey yet.

Jeezopete I'm still on the same battery.

I have thought it was dead twice... turned out some how i unscrewed the atty a little while taking off the cart. Go figure. Be easier to tell without the atty color EDIT.. er I mean COVER END EDIT - but it is so perty lol

Edited by TeriJo

Jeezopete I'm still on the same battery.

I have thought it was dead twice... turned out some how i unscrewed the atty a little while taking off the cart. Go figure. Be easier to tell without the atty color EDIT.. er I mean COVER END EDIT - but it is so perty lol

Just changed the battery. Vaped wonderfully right to the blinky light all done thing. So yeah, totally loving this. I don't know how many hours since 5PM I actually vaped, but it was a lot LOL - and I can tell I won't be using up batteries before the spare is charged. :)

Ain't it great? I don't think batteries last me quite that long, Teri, but I'm sure not complaining either. They last long enough that the next battery is charged and last for several hours, so I'm good with that. Except now I want a couple more batteries. Just in case. Cause...you know...that backup thing I worry about so much... :whistle:

Ain't it great? I don't think batteries last me quite that long, Teri, but I'm sure not complaining either. They last long enough that the next battery is charged and last for several hours, so I'm good with that. Except now I want a couple more batteries. Just in case. Cause...you know...that backup thing I worry about so much... :whistle:

Oh yes backups are way good!!! I don't expect them to last days or anything, I'm just amazed that the one lasted so long. Granted some of that was sleep time, but I'm usually going to sleep, so that's okay. Even if they lasted the 5 of the 5-10 hours they list - I'd be thrilled so I'm definitely not disappointed!

Edited by TeriJo

I've never had less than 5 hours before, so yeah, they will last that long. I know one time it only lasted for 5 hours, but for the most part it is more than that. Just depends on my mood, what all is going on around me, etc.

I've never had less than 5 hours before, so yeah, they will last that long. I know one time it only lasted for 5 hours, but for the most part it is more than that. Just depends on my mood, what all is going on around me, etc.

Yes way cool. We were building shelves to put our stuff on today, so I set the charger right where I could see it. Got the gorilla rack up, threw stuff in it and VOILA time to take it off the charger. No whining here.

But BOY if you don't realize yer juice is low and hit a burn vape oooooh la la is THAT strong LMAO

I'm really liking the blue foam just as a filler (not plug in other words) I have yet to flood with it.. soaks it right up, but lasts musch longer than anything else I've used before having to refill it. Not the tastiest stuff if you aren't paying attention tho LOL.

The cigarette filter works good for one, maybe 2 fills. Then it's saturated and I might as well be dripping or using the poly. The PTB mod works longer, but more work when I DID have to replace them. Was making hubby swim in tea to change my carts.

Came home with the foam yesterday and been vapin the same foam all day. My poor DSE is untouched today. I will probably put them up, clean up the carts with alcohol and have them ready for son's next visit. Or if it won't be soon I'll box em up with some instructions and juice and mail it up.

(Sneaky Mom, aint I?)

At the very least it can show him what is possible.

Way to go TeriJo! Yeah, moms are sure like that. Keep up the good work! :D I kinda miss mine, I'd have been turning her onto vaping in a heartbeat. But smoking got to her way before this came along. I'm actually older than my mom was when she got lung cancer. Hitting 56 was quite a hurdle, believe me. 66 is my next big one. ;)

Way to go TeriJo! Yeah, moms are sure like that. Keep up the good work! :D I kinda miss mine, I'd have been turning her onto vaping in a heartbeat. But smoking got to her way before this came along. I'm actually older than my mom was when she got lung cancer. Hitting 56 was quite a hurdle, believe me. 66 is my next big one. ;)

My mother died at the age of 50. It was a combination of factors with her, however, not lung cancer. I turn 47 this week. But when I hit 50, I'll still be a zillion times healtheir than she was.

Today I got my order from Awesome Vapor. As usual Arno went a step beyond. I'd ordered my usual 24 menth and then a 36 flavorless, and he threw in some bottles and pipettes for me. Gotta love that service :)

The Ego has me back to a couple of cigs a day already. I'm trying to think up something with a huge TH for those times I think nuttin else but a cig will do. First thing in the morning is usually when I run for the analog. After I've had it, then the th on the Ego and my menthol is just fine.

Maybe I'll try a cough drop tomorrow .. maybe that would "tune" my throat the same way without the tar. Hmmmmmmm I'll try it. Either that or I have to find a juice that I probably won't like EXCEPT those times of day. It's very odd how I just don't wanna let go of those 3 analogs lol

The Ego has me back to a couple of cigs a day already. I'm trying to think up something with a huge TH for those times I think nuttin else but a cig will do. First thing in the morning is usually when I run for the analog. After I've had it, then the th on the Ego and my menthol is just fine.

I ended up just forcing myself to vape while I thought about going and getting a cig because there were none in the house. I know what I said earlier, but apparently it is bothering you so maybe you should try and not have any in the house. We've all run out of cigs the night before and had to go out in the morning to get them. If they're not there in the house, maybe you can push past the desire to have one? Your a menthol smoker? VT Mentha is a killer (good way), get a high strength bottle for the morning is another possibility. Anyway, goal is none, but 3 a day ain't bad either. Don't stress too much.

I ended up just forcing myself to vape while I thought about going and getting a cig because there were none in the house. I know what I said earlier, but apparently it is bothering you so maybe you should try and not have any in the house. We've all run out of cigs the night before and had to go out in the morning to get them. If they're not there in the house, maybe you can push past the desire to have one? Your a menthol smoker? VT Mentha is a killer (good way), get a high strength bottle for the morning is another possibility. Anyway, goal is none, but 3 a day ain't bad either. Don't stress too much.

Oh I'm not really stressing, just thinking up things that will give my pea brain what it's craving without the tobacco. Removing the cigs wouldn't work, tried that. All I could think bout was how they weren't there. It's like Nana talking bout backups. Now multiply that by 10. LOL

Someone else mentioned the Mentha too.... I shud check and see if they have my nic level in stock yet. (they were out last time I peeked.

Thanks!