I Really Have To Quit

Honestly, I think at this point I have enough quality equipment, spare parts, and liquid to vape for the next six months or so, if not a whole freakin' year! Why can I not stop buying stuff? I think I need a new counter for my signature, one that says,

John hasn't purchased any vaping supplies for the last XXX days

and can still vape comfortably for the next XXX weeks.

Honestly, I think at this point I have enough quality equipment, spare parts, and liquid to vape for the next six months or so, if not a whole freakin' year! Why can I not stop buying stuff? I think I need a new counter for my signature, one that says,

I completely agree with the counter concept. I like it but I need 2 less "X's" in the purchased area and 1 more "X" in the vapeing area.

LMAO uh huh. I can believe it! Tho the passthru I bought last month don't um... always turn off. And it don't always warn me when it dont' turn off with the snazzy light.... so I've learned pull the usb between vapes or pay the price. SO I may have to replace it... but at $18 or somethin that I paid, it won't kill me.. I hope lol

Then I gots the Ego coming in. THEN I'll have to get spares for THAT....THEN of course Juice MORE JUICE...

I've done okay, but if I don't quit it I'm never gonna be able to say I'm SAVING MONEY lmao

I completely agree with the counter concept. I like it but I need 2 less "X's" in the purchased area and 1 more "X" in the vapeing area.

I know what you mean. Come on everybody... we can't help you over this hurdle until you admit you have a problem.

VA ( vapaholics anonymous) is for quitters. :lol:

My meter would read"

Jeff hasn't purchased any vaping supplies in 12 hours.

He has enough supplies to last a year. But he doesn't care and will most likely buy more supplies in the next few days.

Edited by jeffb

ROFLMAO

You guys really have me rolling on the floor today!

It's so nice to not be alone in this vapaholic thing and now to realize it's a "Buyaholism" thing, too. But they say there's safety in numbers, right?

I know what you mean. Come on everybody... we can't help you over this hurdle until you admit you have a problem.

Problem?, I don't have a problem! What are you talking about? I need this stuff! Nooooo---Don't take away my credit card. I promise I'll be good. :D

So the question is raised again... what's more addictive... Vaping, Buying Equipment, or the VT forum. Technically though, I have not purchased a new unit since December. I ordered my VP/PT on "back order" in December and received it in January. Here it is... March and I'm pulling my hair out trying to to buy something else. Sure, I've ordered lots of atty's and juice (surely enough to last over a year), but not another unit. I'm not sure I can make it through this weekend without ordering a SB. I man, Jeffb has one, it's only fair that I should have one too. :wallbash:

So the question is raised again... what's more addictive... Vaping, Buying Equipment, or the VT forum. Technically though, I have not purchased a new unit since December. I ordered my VP/PT on "back order" in December and received it in January. Here it is... March and I'm pulling my hair out trying to to buy something else. Sure, I've ordered lots of atty's and juice (surely enough to last over a year), but not another unit. I'm not sure I can make it through this weekend without ordering a SB. I man, Jeffb has one, it's only fair that I should have one too. :wallbash:

Guys, same here, I bought the spade and now 6 v units out there and I want one. been looking at SB and Xhaler, lookiing at reviews, it's never enough........... I have lots o stuff in the stockpile already, looking for that perfect vape..............

:devil: Just buy it Brian! You deserve it.

:innocent: No Brian don't listen to him.

:D

I just got my V3. First thing new in a while..then I got a v4life pt to hold me over till the VT/PT's come in.

And a car adapter for the ride to NC. And when the perdiem kicks in I already have my shopping list started.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ALL OF US??? I never went to the store and shopped around for lighters or ashtrays.

And never went to the store and said "I'll take a pack of those and a pack of those and give me a carton of those".

Addiction? I should say not!!! Well maybe a little. OK I'm hooked, thanks alot you all!

:devil: Just buy it Brian! You deserve it.

:innocent: No Brian don't listen to him.

:D

Does he? Perhaps. Let's find out.

Brian did you eat your VEGETBLES?

IF you did, THEN you deserve it

giggle

Okay, I think this whole "Buyaholic" thing is new and not totally understood by the guys. Yet all of us ladies (and Princesses) totally "get" the shopaholic/buyaholic thing. So girls let us all be as patient with the guys as they are/have been with our spending. As is it clear they are on a learning curve.

iiam.gif

Well if I get anything new I'm gonna have to sneak it into the house -- which kind of makes the SB moot, doesn't it? :( Sigh. So you my friends, are going to have to be my proxy shoppers. Go get em! To heck with counters! :D Buy neat stuff and post pics and do reviews!

I have enough juice to last me a while, but atty supply is dangerously low and I really do need a 5/6V batt mod. I NEED that! What am I gonna do?! ... innocent.gif

devil.gif

Okay, I think this whole "Buyaholic" thing is new and not totally understood by the guys. Yet all of us ladies (and Princesses) totally "get" the shopaholic/buyaholic thing. So girls let us all be as patient with the guys as they are/have been with our spending. As is it clear they are on a learning curve.

iiam.gif

I don't believe I've ever known a true shopaholic. I know that my wife will occasionally come home from the stores with a sheepish grin on her face. I've never doubted her judgment, but we've had this conversation...

John - "How'd it go?"

Melissa - "Um... good, I guess"

John - "What does 'I guess' mean?"

Melissa - "I spent more than I wanted to."

John - "So you at least found some stuff you liked."

Melissa - "Yes, well, but, do you want to know what I spent?"

John - "No. What the hell do I care? You make more money then I do."

This is usually when Melissa will tell me how much she spent that day. I will point to my reef tank and say, "Wanna know how much I spent on that?" She'll say' "No." (Thank God!) I'll go back to my book or newspaper or laptop, and she'll open packages to display and sometimes model her purchases.

My father was a buyaholic, but with normal household consumables. He, and my mother, lived through the depression, so if canned veggies, or cheese, bread, light bulbs, antifreeze, motor oil, just about anything he knew he would use eventually was on sale, he bought. It got stored in the basement or garage. My father died more than 15 years ago, and my mother has recently moved out of the old homestead to go into home hospice care at my sister's. I am know throwing out 30 year old cans of green beans and boxes of spark plugs that would fit a 1974 AMC Hornet.

This is what worries me. I've always been a typical male consumer, I.E. need a pair of jeans, go buy a pair of jeans. But PV's and juice and spare parts... these I'm buying, need or not, at a record pace. I honestly don't think I can stop. :no

Edited by SmokinHammer

Man I hold off on buying anything way beyond what seems reasonable. My jeans get split up the middle I let it go until they're split from front to back before I replace them, and then only on sale. My cars die in the road before I replace them. But vaping stuff? I've still spent a couple hundred bucks more than I've not-spent on analogs. Part of that is the learning curve - you just can't know up front what's going to work for you. I still need to buy a 5/6V batt mod, and will probably make one before I buy a commercial one - just to be sure that's really what I want. I'm cheap as hell, but even then my wife resents every cent I spend on this stuff. I guess she doesn't understand how really reserved I've been! :) It could have been much, much worse... :D

My jeans get split up the middle I let it go until they're split from front to back before I replace them, and then only on sale.

That's when I figure I need new jeans to, but if I drive to Fleet Farm to get a new pair, I don't care If they're on sale or not.

It could have been much, much worse...

Dave, my friend, If you ever hear those words coming out of your mouth, and going towards your wife, my advice is, DUCK!