Am I Doing This Wrong?

hardwired

I've read a ton of stuff here and watched a lot of vids on the subject...but I still am not sure if I'm correctly vaping. I have the Joye 510 & I've started direct dripping w/o a cart...using the funnel method (rubberized pen grip & metal point nib in place of a cart). Should I still be using the cart fiber batting to soak the juice?

The 510 leaks like a bastard...even after 3 drops. I'm also starting to get a acrid burning taste on occasional hits...even after new juice is dripped in. The learning curve is kicking my *** :)

thx!

My advice is to lose the mod for now and go back to the cart while you get used to dripping. There is no need to keep the filler in the cart. It sounds to me like you're over dripping. Blow out the atty, into a paper towel, and carefully dab inside to soak up any extra juice. Start over and go slow. If the learning curve is kicking your butt, make sure you're really paying attention to what you're doing, and remove variables like mods.

BTW, if your atty's leaking, more juice won't help! :rolleyes: Good luck!

Edited by SmokinHammer

Lose the mod until you get the hang of things. Pull out the filler and put the cart onto the atomizer. Like SH said, I would clean out your atomizer. Drop 3 drops to get started and vape, once you get a nasty taste put a couple more drops in. With the 510 the drops only last 3-8 hits, depending on drag size. Just stick with it, you'll get it soon.

I would also suggest loosing the mod :) Have a look at this video I created that may help get you started: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/videos/view-19-what-is-direct-dripping/

One thing to keep in mind that if your going to drip into your device make sure you vape the liquid until it's gone, you'll get used to how much liquid you need per vape. When your not using a cart there is nothing to hold the liquid, so if you fill the atomizer, then place it down or stop vaping, guess what, the liquid comes out of the bottom. It sucks, but you'll eventually get the hang of it :)

thx guys! Ok, ok...so maybe I didn't read up on everything, haha. Vaping with this for almost a week...haven't cleaned the atty once. I'm doing that now. Saw the vid on using the funnel mod & it did seem more convenient that having to remove the cart each time to drip...but I suppose I am putting the cart before the horse :)

If removing the cart to dip each time becomes to bothersome, you may want to consider a brass or stainless steel tip from Super T Manufacturing. There's a video review of the brass tips around here somewhere is you want to know more about it. Or, you can try THIS. The second is what I've done and it works great for me.

I use only 2 drops when dripping on the 510. Sometimes I will use 3 if I think I have a very dry atomizer. I also want to add, when putting the cart back on try not to cover the hole on the top. It will work like a plunger and push the liquid out of the bottom. With a little patience it will all fall into place. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

I use only 2 drops when dripping on the 510. Sometimes I will use 3 if I think I have a very dry atomizer. I also want to add, when putting the cart back on try not to cover the hole on the top. It will work like a plunger and push the liquid out of the bottom. With a little patience it will all fall into place. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Excellent point BirdDog about not covering the hole in the cart when putting it back on! +1 for you. :)

Really appreciate the feedback! I'm kind of an impatient person by nature, so I have a tendency to look past the basics at times. I'm slowly shifting away from "analog" thinking with this...understanding that there's maintenance involved compared to just lighting up and butting it in an ash tray :) Thx again!

Really appreciate the feedback! I'm kind of an impatient person by nature, so I have a tendency to look past the basics at times. I'm slowly shifting away from "analog" thinking with this...understanding that there's maintenance involved compared to just lighting up and butting it in an ash tray :) Thx again!

When you ask for help around here you are bound to get a TON of it. Just be careful what you ask for he he you might get it!

Dripping doesn't appeal to me... I prefer carts. I've been trying different fillers. It definitely takes maintenance, either way, but it sure helps cut out the analogs.

It does take some time to learn all the in's and out's of vaping.

And yes there is more to it than just lighting up, but the long term benifits are worth the hassle.

Keep asking questions and we'll all be glad to help.

Happy Vaping!!

A saying I heard once really helped me..."When you think you're green you grow...when you think you're ripe,,you're rotten"