Mods-Whats Next In Line

jnnfrlsw

I have my 510, recently added a janty ego and love it! But, I am already thinking about my next pv device that puts out more then my ego. I don't know alot about the bigger mods-varying output, batty life -its confusing. Can someone post a mods 101 tutorial. I think my ego is 3.7- so the next mod up would be a 5v-then 7? I have read about the little chuck, screwdriver, silverbullet, prodigey and protege and todays nhaler. Where do I even start figuring out which one is right for my next purchase. I want massive throat hit, good juice flavor, and longer battery life. Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction to someone that can advise? Thanks-J

Hi jnnfrlsw, I would start watching some off Grimm Greens videos. he has reviewd many of the mods you referenced.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimmGreen . While you are on You Tube take a look at other reviews. I have had the Nhaler and I did not like it due to button location and button pressure. I have the Silver Bullet now and I'm lovin it. Others on here have some of the other models you've mentioned. I'm sure they will chime in.

Take a look at this site. It has some good pictures of mods out there. http://www.e-savuke.com/ecig_mods.htm

Also keep your eye out for the Joker which is coming out soon. :)

Edited by jeffb

Hi jnnfrlsw, I would start watching some off Grimm Greens videos. he has reviewd many of the mods you referenced.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimmGreen . While you are on You Tube take a look at other reviews. I have had the Nhaler and I did not like it due to button location and button pressure. I have the Silver Bullet now and I'm lovin it. Others on here have some of the other models you've mentioned. I'm sure they will chime in.

Take a look at this site. It has some good pictures of mods out there. http://www.e-savuke.com/ecig_mods.htm

Also keep your eye out for the Joker which is coming out soon. :)

Aww geez jeff, I've never even heard of most these. Now I want to buy even more units :wallbash::hrhr:

I have my 510, recently added a janty ego and love it! But, I am already thinking about my next pv device that puts out more then my ego. I don't know alot about the bigger mods-varying output, batty life -its confusing. Can someone post a mods 101 tutorial. I think my ego is 3.7- so the next mod up would be a 5v-then 7? I have read about the little chuck, screwdriver, silverbullet, prodigey and protege and todays nhaler. Where do I even start figuring out which one is right for my next purchase. I want massive throat hit, good juice flavor, and longer battery life. Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction to someone that can advise? Thanks-J

Well in the throat hit department make sure you are using authentic 2.2ohm Joye atties, not one of the cheaper semi-clones that are passed off as the real deal and hit more like a 901.

As far as voltage your Ego might have a 3.7V battery but under load it's only a 3.1V device as is the Joye 510 ecig. A simple home made box mod or the rather simplistic American mods when using a 3.7V battery, right off the charger, hit about 3.8V under load. Is this a significant difference? If we look at WATTS (power/heat) we get this:

- 3.1V = 4.4W

- 3.8V = 6.6W

Also remember true Throat Hit is highly nicotine dependent. Don't confuse it with Throat Irritation/burn.

As far as 5V about the only real way to get it is with a regulator, something the fancy American mods don't use. With a TI regulator first hit, middle hit, last hit... always a consistent 5V. The American mods use a resister to tone down the voltage, higher than 5V when you start and declining with each puff till the batteries die.

Good Luck in your quest.

"the chuck" is a great buy; strong, durable, customizable appearance & batteries.

what mod builders should be looking into is building a better atomizer. it is the business end after-all. something durable, that can handle dripping at high volts would be awesome.

speaking of atomizers.....

has anyone heard of being able to convert an e-cigar to manual/high voltage device? a giant atty like an e-cigar would be pretty awesome for dripping. :thumbsup:

Edited by bzeisman

I know exactly how you feel! I've got my 510's a couple of 901's and 801's and just ordered a "v3 stick" so where next?

All this stuff about batteries and output etc is enough to drive you crazy.

I've watched alot of Grimm Green's videos and the only thing I've figured out so far is that he likes almost everything.

So good luck and if you figure it out....let me know!!

the spade and vp are great mods if u can get ur hands on one :D though i have never personally used one i have never heard a bad thing about them, and when the vp pt comes back out they are a really good unit too, they jus thad some technical stuff that was going wrong with it, just have a look around there is a site with all the mods listed but i cnat remember what site it is if some one wants to post it for me :p

oh lol jeffb posted it :D didnt see it

You can't go wrong with many of the mods out there today. Besides the models you listed I have the Janty Stick, Vp2, Screwdriver, Protege, and Juicebox. I like them all. I use my Protege the most and it served for well for the last 4-5 months.

Thanks for all the feedback. I love the mod site-I had NO idea there were so many out there. Its overwhemling. A few more questions? How do you know when your buying a "real" joye 510 2.2 atty versus a knock off? In search of an increased TH I removed my wick and bridge and it has significantly increased the vapor production on my ego but not so much the TH. I am using 24mg juice which should be giving me a good throat hit but its not. Alot of people love their chucks but since its a 3.7 wouldn't it perform the same as my 3.7 ego or is there more involved? I am also looking at the prodiy v2 since its a 5v. I just want a good throat hit, the ego is great for vapor and flavor just not so much for TH. The search goes on......