Legal To Vape Indoors?

knocker42

I just got a dse801 today and so far i'm amazed at how great this seems to work. I was wondering though, I live in a state (Maine) where smoking inside public places is illegal. Does anyone know if that applies to the ecigarette?

First off, welcome to Vapor Talk. As far as vaping indoors, it's always best to seek approval from the establishment owners. Although you aren't smoking, some people freak out just because it visually resembles smoking. I usally just do what is known as "stealth vape" this can be done in many ways. My favorite is just to blow the vapor down inside the front of my shirt. :shiftyninja:

edited to add: This was moved to "Noobie Questions & Help". Feel free to post an introduction in the "Introduce Yourself" forum. :)

Edited by jeffb

Hi,Ilive in Florida and vape inside all the time(quite openly)you would be suprised most peape don't notice at all.Those that do are usually curious and ask a few questions about vaping.I've never been thrown out of a place or even been asked to stop vapin in a store or restraunt,I got caught vaping in a hospital and the DR took me to another patient with breathing problems to show him how it worked!

There is no law currently against vaping indoors, but to safe yourself any trouble it's always a good idea to ask first. Most of the time I'll vape until someone asks me about it, 9/10 they're intrigued. Bar owners are usually very interested as they know this potentially could bring back a lot of customers that have since left due to the smoking bans.

Welcome to Vapor Talk, Knocker. I totally agree with everything said so far, but would like to add that, if you're going to stealth vape, be confident in knowing that you're not doing anything wrong or illegal, just don't be argumentative or angered if you're ever confronted. Be prepared to tell people that you're using an inhaler that is helping you quit smoking. Also be prepared to tell people that VaporTalk.com is the place to go to learn more and find a list of approved suppliers! :thumbsup:

First off welcome!!! I've also found most places are pretty cool about it if explaned and handled with tactical respect. I usually go with the stealth vape I just normally just hold my draw in until there is not much vapor left. But I found it pretty funny at times how closed minded people can be. There has been many times I have been vaping at Starbucks and some over dramatic person has done the waving their hand in their face routine of that "OMG smoke!!!" cough at which point my wife and I normally laugh at the ignorance of the act. Then there has been other times they try to drag you into their anti-smoking crusade at which point you kind of have to choose your battles cause everything you say will be wrong so when I see that brewing I normally just walk away before it turns into a major public spectical. Bear in mind though I live in Southern California where we have some real nut jobs so my dealings are probably going to be much different then yours or most other people across the US.

agreed with all, welcome to VT! i live in texas and there are even some bars that cell ecigs, they are the cheap ones that dont really put out much vapor or give a good throat hit, but i took my ego with me, started vaping and i got looks of amazement and even some questions on where to get one! i recommended VT :thumbsup:

got yelled at by a taco bell shift manager type person tonight. Its always fun getting yelled at by somebody younger then my boots.

That's hysterical! Did his voice crack like the pimply faced teenager on The Simpsons?

Welcome! I'm in Ohio and the state has been smoke free indoors for several years now. Bars and bowling alleys have taken a beating in lost revenues because of the new laws. However, with increased exposure pvs have been well accepted throughout the state. I always introduce myself and my vape to the management and explain that it is vapor. I do this to prevent somebody across the room firing up a Marlboro red then pointing to me with the proverbial, "But he's smoking." The ensuing backlash would be ridiculous.

Once you have permission and start vaping, be prepared to stop whatever you are doing and do a complete dog and pony show for the entire bar or restaurant. I was at BWs playing QB1 when I vaped and I missed the entire first half of the game! Every customer and server in the building had to see it. I even put a few new carts on my spares and let them take test drives. I let them try the 510 because I'm not letting anyone test drive my Ego yet.

I find that if you let the manager and your server know and you have permission, you're good to go. Just be ready.

Oh and on stealth vaping, I've only done that on airplanes and in the airport for long flights.

Out of curiosity, has anyone had any issues with the TSA and your pv through the checkpoints?

Happy Vaping!

Out of curiosity, has anyone had any issues with the TSA and your pv through the checkpoints?

Happy Vaping!

I was thinking this exact thing today...I see a lot of ads claiming that you can smoke on planes...with todays security, how do you even get on the plane with your PV.

I'd think the biggest problem might be with a bottle of juice. Is the rule still no liquid container bigger than 3 oz? I thought I heard somewhere that that got changed a little. Most of the juice I carry is in 10 ml. bottles, so that's just 1/3 of an ounce or so. I carry on lots of camera gear when I travel with all kinds of batteries and chargers and wires and have never had an issue.

I haven't had any problems with the juice on the plane. I only carry a small 10ml bottle for daily refill, so I'm under the limit of 3oz bottles for the flight. You shouldn't have a problem there.

I haven't had TSA question my pcc or 510, but I wondered if anyone had ever taken a mod and had it questioned. For example, would they question my Ego? Having TSA confiscate a $20 510 vs. an $80 Ego are 2 different issues. I would not want to be the person who has a VP1 confiscated by TSA.

I saw a video with Chris and Parkeddddd at Niagra Falls with the Joker. If a mod was going to be confiscated by TSA, I would think that would have been. So I am assuming no issues. Unless they drove from the US across, but they still had to fly from CA and TX.

Perhaps the best is to just put the mods in the carry-on and use the 510 for the flight?