Dripping And Driving

Wannavape

Today I ran several errands and was away from home for about three hours. I took my Joye 510, some liquid, and a spare battery. It seemed like every time I came out of a store, it was time to drip some more. And then a couple of times, I had to drip as I was going down the road. I obviously flooded the atty one time, so I had to take a napkin and mop it out a bit and juice it back up, all while driving. That was not a lot of fun. There's got to be a better way. I'm considering just taking three or four complete 510's with the attys already juiced up, but I'm sure I'll still have to drip some while I'm gone. Do any of you have any suggestions? I'd appreciate your input. ...Pam

I still haven't solved the dripping and driving problem, but I wouldn't suggest having complete 510s juiced up. If it sits long enough, the juice will eventually leak out if you're not vaping it. I've tried some cart mods, but eventually went back to dripping. Would be nice if someone came up with a good solution.

Today I ran several errands and was away from home for about three hours. I took my Joye 510, some liquid, and a spare battery. It seemed like every time I came out of a store, it was time to drip some more. And then a couple of times, I had to drip as I was going down the road. I obviously flooded the atty one time, so I had to take a napkin and mop it out a bit and juice it back up, all while driving. That was not a lot of fun. There's got to be a better way. I'm considering just taking three or four complete 510's with the attys already juiced up, but I'm sure I'll still have to drip some while I'm gone. Do any of you have any suggestions? I'd appreciate your input. ...Pam

the juice box mod could solve all your dripping problems its a little pricey but from what i hear totally worth it!

I haven't solved the need to top off the carts or drip frequently. usually it depends on how frequently I am vaping. when I find I am vaping more often, I will use 2 510's and alternate between them. allows the carts to wick in between hits.

It does get a bit easier and faster over time--and less flooding.

I do find if i have flooded the atty (510)--instead of using a napkin or what not. If I inhale and exhale through the cart a few times with the manual switch depressed the atty burns off the excess quickly. (not sure if that made sense.)

I haven't solved the need to top off the carts or drip frequently. usually it depends on how frequently I am vaping. when I find I am vaping more often, I will use 2 510's and alternate between them. allows the carts to wick in between hits.

It does get a bit easier and faster over time--and less flooding.

I do find if i have flooded the atty (510)--instead of using a napkin or what not. If I inhale and exhale through the cart a few times with the manual switch depressed the atty burns off the excess quickly. (not sure if that made sense.)

This is what I do too, have 2 at the ready and alternate. It gives a little time for the liquid to wick and I can go back and forth several times on a couple of drops in each. Don't drip and drive unless your vehicle is stoped, it ain't worth it.

Agreed; don't drip and drive. We want you all in one piece! And your car, and the other guy and his car too. ;) We've all done it, so not lecturing, honest. Brian discovered and has used with great success, an amazing cart mod. Might be worth looking into. I'm sure gonna when I can. I'm fortunate that most of my running around has enough stop lights to keep my atty current, but long commute or distance between stops would make that difficult.

I'm a pizza delivery driver, so it is a problem for me too. It gets frustrating trying to pull off the cart, open the bottle, drip, put on the cart, and then close the bottle. One time when I pulled off my cart I spilled my beer on my cell phone while texting. :laughing: I bought a T-tip so I wouldn't have the pulling off and putting on steps to worry about. With a T-tip you just drip directly into the mouth piece. I recommend getting one of those, drip only at lights, don't drink, and don't text.

I still haven't solved the dripping and driving problem, but I wouldn't suggest having complete 510s juiced up. If it sits long enough, the juice will eventually leak out if you're not vaping it. I've tried some cart mods, but eventually went back to dripping. Would be nice if someone came up with a good solution.

That was exactly what I expected would happen if I juiced up several, but I just wanted to make sure before I tried it. Looks like I'm back to base one. Thanks! ...Pam

I'm a pizza delivery driver, so it is a problem for me too. It gets frustrating trying to pull off the cart, open the bottle, drip, put on the cart, and then close the bottle. One time when I pulled off my cart I spilled my beer on my cell phone while texting. :laughing: I bought a T-tip so I wouldn't have the pulling off and putting on steps to worry about. With a T-tip you just drip directly into the mouth piece. I recommend getting one of those, drip only at lights, don't drink, and don't text.

I'm still pretty much a noobie, especially when it comes to mods. I checked out your link and found the T-tips, but I certainly didn't find out anything about them or how they work. Can you explain a little further as to how to use them? I'd appreciate it.

...Pam

That was exactly what I expected would happen if I juiced up several, but I just wanted to make sure before I tried it. Looks like I'm back to base one. Thanks! ...Pam

I keep several juiced when we go out and they stay okay for weeks unless they are tipped over (for a while). They sit up in my inside pocket in the eyeglass reader tube when we're out, and stand up when not in use on the counter. The tube ensures if there is leakage, its contained.

Here's the tube I use with a regular or mega battery, two will fit in each. The large 510 is a mega battery with a mega cart/atty. Those sadly do not fit in the reader. I use the mega cart/atty on my spade, that I keep standing up in my inside pocket all day without issue. I have had leakeage, but I believe it's because the tubes were knocked over.

post-1132-126703169505_thumb.jpg

Edited by FTJoe

I keep several juiced when we go out and they stay okay for weeks unless they are tipped over (for a while). They sit up in my inside pocket in the eyeglass reader tube when we're out, and stand up when not in use on the counter. The tube ensures if there is leakage, its contained.

Here's the tube I use with a regular or mega battery, two will fit in each. The large 510 is a mega battery with a mega cart/atty. Those sadly do not fit in the reader. I use the mega cart/atty on my spade, that I keep standing up in my inside pocket all day without issue. I have had leakeage, but I believe it's because the tubes were knocked over.

Interesting. How do you keep it from leaking? There have been a couple of times when I'd leave my spade on my desk standing on its end and the juice would leak out if I forget about it. I wonder if I just had too much juice in there. hhmmm...

Interesting. How do you keep it from leaking? There have been a couple of times when I'd leave my spade on my desk standing on its end and the juice would leak out if I forget about it. I wonder if I just had too much juice in there. hhmmm...

I don't do nuttin'. Using a PTB mod by the way, not sure if that matters. I guess I've actually wondered why it doesn't but didn't stress too much about it. Trying a fluval next but too lazy to go the the store to pick it it...

I don't do nuttin'. Using a PTB mod by the way, not sure if that matters. I guess I've actually wondered why it doesn't but didn't stress too much about it. Trying a fluval next but too lazy to go the the store to pick it it...

Interesting. I'm pretty sure the PTB mod is what's keeping it from leaking. I've been meaning to try that mod out. Maybe one day.

Interesting. I'm pretty sure the PTB mod is what's keeping it from leaking. I've been meaning to try that mod out. Maybe one day.

On a dies note, wife tried some of the black lemon tea I ordered in bulk from Amazon, hates it...so I have plenty of material to work with but it will just be me having the tea!! ;-)

In reference to the link Dave posted - I made one of those and it worked great. You can actually buy them now from Stealthvapor. I ordered some and got them today. Haven't tried them out yet, but if they work as well or better than the one I made, I'll be really happy with it and that's what I'll use when driving.

i drive a truck for a living and found im pretty quick with the stoplight refill lol. There are some lights here in st louis i can do 3 units while waiting i normally have the passthru plugged into the trucks power point thing. and 2 ready to go setups for when i am not in the truck i alternate with. But i tried dripping while highway driving and made more of a mess then its worth really.

In reference to the link Dave posted - I made one of those and it worked great. You can actually buy them now from Stealthvapor. I ordered some and got them today. Haven't tried them out yet, but if they work as well or better than the one I made, I'll be really happy with it and that's what I'll use when driving.

I see they are round tips, can you let us know how they work? I assume it wouldn't be too tough to move it over to a flat tip cart?

I see they are round tips, can you let us know how they work? I assume it wouldn't be too tough to move it over to a flat tip cart?

Actually, I just got the plugs, not the whole cart. They didn't have the carts in stock when I ordered. I just have to cut a straw and will be good to go. I'll try one out tomorrow I reckon.

I'm still pretty much a noobie, especially when it comes to mods. I checked out your link and found the T-tips, but I certainly didn't find out anything about them or how they work. Can you explain a little further as to how to use them? I'd appreciate it.

...Pam

Well when you use them you don't need a cart. You use them in place of a cart. One model works with 901s and 510s. The other model works with pen styles(801s). They have an o-ring on them so they don't get loose like carts do and the o-ring keeps juice from leaking from where the T-tip connects to the atomizer. When you put them on they snap in place because of the o-ring. They don't have a juice chamber like carts do or filling for the juice. They are used just for direct dripping. The hole on the mouth piece goes straight to the atomizer bridge, so it is kind of like a metal straw. You drip in the mouth piece and since there is no cart you get a more direct hit. The width of the hole is the perfect size for the juice to drip directly onto the atomizer bridge, so there is no more looking into the atomizer and aiming for the bridge while direct dripping. The down side to the hole being the perfect size to hit the atomizer bridge is the juice can kinda settle in the hole. After you drip three drops if you look into the hole you can see the juice "floating" there. This is solved by doing a very little and short blow into the hole. If you blow too hard your atomizer will leak. If you forget to blow you will get juiced but you don't get juiced with these as much as you do with carts. It may sound like since it is just a metal straw to the atomizer that the juice would leak out the mouth piece when not in use. This is not so. I have never had juice leak out of the hole. The only way it could leak is if it is upside down for a while. It solves the problem of melting carts and since it is metal it absorbs some of the heat. It absorbing some of the heat it a good thing. It give this nice warm feeling to your lips. The part that you put against your lips is rounded, so you don't feel sharp edges like you do with round carts but instead it feels like you are kissing tiny lips. I only own the brass ones right now. They make every e-cig I own look better. They make my eGo look like a bottle of champagne. B.E.A.utiful! They don't keep that golden shine for long. They start getting that dirty dark look of pennies but still look nicer than carts. The stainless steel ones might not have that problem. I hope this helps.

Anyway, how they help with dripping and driving is there is no more removing and putting on your cart to drip. It makes the process faster and easier. I pull up to a light, put my e-cig between my legs, drip three drops, do a little short blow, and then vape. These things are so awesome that any direct dripper that doesn't have one must enjoy doing things the hard way and be a masochist. Here is the review that sold me: T-Tip brass mouthpieces

Dripping and driving? Wonder when that will be a moving violation?..no officer I'm not under the influence, of vaping!

Well anyway I have to agree with the T-Tips. I have them and they work great