Dripping And Driving

Wannavape

In reference to the link Dave posted - I made one of those and it worked great. You can actually buy them now from Stealthvapor. I ordered some and got them today. Haven't tried them out yet, but if they work as well or better than the one I made, I'll be really happy with it and that's what I'll use when driving.

I clicked on the link to Stealthvapor, but I couldn't figure out what they were talking about or how much it will hold or how long you can go without refilling. They said that they have them in stock, but I never saw a link to a page where you can order them. How much do they cost? Will you post back after you've tried them out? I'd appreciate it. ...Pam

Dripping and driving? Wonder when that will be a moving violation?..no officer I'm not under the influence, of vaping!

Well anyway I have to agree with the T-Tips. I have them and they work great

Please explain to me how T-tips work. Thanks, Pam

Please explain to me how T-tips work. Thanks, Pam

Please excuse this reply. Somehow I accidentally skipped over a forum page where some of you sent the explanation. I'll try to be more careful next time. ...Pam

Well when you use them you don't need a cart. You use them in place of a cart. One model works with 901s and 510s. The other model works with pen styles(801s). They have an o-ring on them so they don't get loose like carts do and the o-ring keeps juice from leaking from where the T-tip connects to the atomizer. When you put them on they snap in place because of the o-ring. They don't have a juice chamber like carts do or filling for the juice. They are used just for direct dripping. The hole on the mouth piece goes straight to the atomizer bridge, so it is kind of like a metal straw. You drip in the mouth piece and since there is no cart you get a more direct hit. The width of the hole is the perfect size for the juice to drip directly onto the atomizer bridge, so there is no more looking into the atomizer and aiming for the bridge while direct dripping. The down side to the hole being the perfect size to hit the atomizer bridge is the juice can kinda settle in the hole. After you drip three drops if you look into the hole you can see the juice "floating" there. This is solved by doing a very little and short blow into the hole. If you blow too hard your atomizer will leak. If you forget to blow you will get juiced but you don't get juiced with these as much as you do with carts. It may sound like since it is just a metal straw to the atomizer that the juice would leak out the mouth piece when not in use. This is not so. I have never had juice leak out of the hole. The only way it could leak is if it is upside down for a while. It solves the problem of melting carts and since it is metal it absorbs some of the heat. It absorbing some of the heat it a good thing. It give this nice warm feeling to your lips. The part that you put against your lips is rounded, so you don't feel sharp edges like you do with round carts but instead it feels like you are kissing tiny lips. I only own the brass ones right now. They make every e-cig I own look better. They make my eGo look like a bottle of champagne. B.E.A.utiful! They don't keep that golden shine for long. They start getting that dirty dark look of pennies but still look nicer than carts. The stainless steel ones might not have that problem. I hope this helps.

Anyway, how they help with dripping and driving is there is no more removing and putting on your cart to drip. It makes the process faster and easier. I pull up to a light, put my e-cig between my legs, drip three drops, do a little short blow, and then vape. These things are so awesome that any direct dripper that doesn't have one must enjoy doing things the hard way and be a masochist. Here is the review that sold me: T-Tip brass mouthpieces

Wow! Great explanation, Schiz. I appreciate it. ...Pam

I clicked on the link to Stealthvapor, but I couldn't figure out what they were talking about or how much it will hold or how long you can go without refilling. They said that they have them in stock, but I never saw a link to a page where you can order them. How much do they cost? Will you post back after you've tried them out? I'd appreciate it. ...Pam

The carts are just regular 510 carts so they'll hold about 10 drops. You can buy the carts ready made for $25, or you can buy just the plugs for $12 for 10. If you get just the plugs you'll need to cut a straw to insert into the your own cart. Honestly, I've been using one all day and it's been hit and miss. One time it works great, the next time all the juice runs out and floods my atty and makes a terrible mess. At this point I cannot recommend it, but if I figure out what I'm doing wrong I may change my opinion.

This LINK is for premade carts.

This LINK is for just the plugs.

This LINK is to another thread discussion this cart mod. You can take another link form that where you'll be able to see pics of it.

I'm sorry to hear that, Brian. I was hoping they would be as good as "advertised". It would be a really great thing to have for driving.

The straw he uses is the neon straw from walmart. I'm going to get some of those to see if it helps. The straw I'm using may be a little bigger around then needed. Seriously, when it work correctly it's really great. I'm tempted to buy the premade ones just to see if I'm doing something wrong.

The carts are just regular 510 carts so they'll hold about 10 drops. You can buy the carts ready made for $25, or you can buy just the plugs for $12 for 10. If you get just the plugs you'll need to cut a straw to insert into the your own cart. Honestly, I've been using one all day and it's been hit and miss. One time it works great, the next time all the juice runs out and floods my atty and makes a terrible mess. At this point I cannot recommend it, but if I figure out what I'm doing wrong I may change my opinion.

This LINK is for premade carts.

This LINK is for just the plugs.

This LINK is to another thread discussion this cart mod. You can take another link form that where you'll be able to see pics of it.

Can the premade ones that cost $25 be reused and refilled?

Can the premade ones that cost $25 be reused and refilled?

Yes. The plug is just a little soft piece of silicon (or something). You take it out and fill up and put it back in. Or you can use a syringe to refill.

Yes. The plug is just a little soft piece of silicon (or something). You take it out and fill up and put it back in. Or you can use a syringe to refill.

Thanks for the info. I might try that soon. ...Pam

The straw he uses is the neon straw from walmart. I'm going to get some of those to see if it helps. The straw I'm using may be a little bigger around then needed. Seriously, when it work correctly it's really great. I'm tempted to buy the premade ones just to see if I'm doing something wrong.

The point of this mod is to make the juice absorb slowly into the atty, right? What is the straw for? Do you think it would work to make a plug that you put all the way down in the atty instead of the cart? Like make a plug that is cut just right that when you push it all the way down the bridge would go through it and then the plug would mostly close? It seems like something like that would make an atty more flood proof.

The point of this mod is to make the juice absorb slowly into the atty, right? What is the straw for? Do you think it would work to make a plug that you put all the way down in the atty instead of the cart? Like make a plug that is cut just right that when you push it all the way down the bridge would go through it and then the plug would mostly close? It seems like something like that would make an atty more flood proof.

The straw just provides a lip for the plug to sit on - keeps the plug from just pusing down into the cart.

I see what you're saying about putting the plut in the atty, but then the juice would just build up on top and fill the atty above the plug. Not sure how that would work with the airflow - you'd be drawing air through the juice.

Good point but it might work in addition to another mod. I did the mod with the spring and I had a flooding problem. Maybe it would work with that? Or maybe it could be used to do the opposite and assist at getting the juice to the coil faster with direct dripping? Like maybe take out the bridge, cut out a plug with a hole to the coil, and have the whole bottom covered with the plug? That might make the juice slide down to the center easier and require less drops? It is pretty cool that someone came up with using that stuff. I like how it won't melt.